stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question

no idea where to put this kind of question so im asking here.... where do i enable the ability to move a character around in the level during simulate. ive been looking all over for it but i cant find where i enable this cause as of now when i hit simulate i cant move anything around in the level nor can i click on any characters with out having to click on them from the world out liner an even then i still cant move them around. an i cant find any thing on where to enable this. from many tuts that i have watched i have seen people doing this but cant seem to figure out how.. so yeah theres my stupid question of the day any help on this would be great thanks ^_^ !

If you are using something like "Simple Move To", you would need a Nav Mesh Volume.

Narg
    http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

project settings

Originally posted by invayne View Post
      no idea where to put this kind of question so im asking here.... where do i enable the ability to move a character around in the level during simulate. ive been looking all over for it but i cant find where i enable this cause as of now when i hit simulate i cant move anything around in the level nor can i click on any characters with out having to click on them from the world out liner an even then i still cant move them around. an i cant find any thing on where to enable this. from many tuts that i have watched i have seen people doing this but cant seem to figure out how.. so yeah theres my stupid question of the day any help on this would be great thanks ^_^ !
      If you go through the paper 2d tut's you will learn exactly how to setup characters controls and much more... valuable material ... gets you scripting faster.

Comment

nono im talking about using the mouse an phsyically moving them around the level while in simulate mode with the mouse an rect transforms ( not game mode but simulate ). i know how ai works i got working ai but im trying to move actors around with my mouse to test things like obstructing a path to make sure nav mesh an such work. but there not clickable while in simulate mode. the rects transforms are visible but i cant click on them or the actor an from many tuts i have watched i have seen people doing this. ( it does not require any code its a editor option of some sort or a view port option)

Comment

I hope, i get you right. Right near the simulate button, says something possess or something, press it.
          My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
          UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

no not that either i mean the rect transform tools there not clickable meaning i cant move anything during simulate...

Comment

Working...
            X