Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to apply forces to only specific actors in a radial force actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to apply forces to only specific actors in a radial force actor?

I have a question about the radial force actor: let's suppose I have a radial force actor that pulls actors towards it, and I've got a bunch of cube actors, as well as sphere actors in my scene. Is it possible for one to pick only specific actors that are pulled towards the radial force actor (for example, only the cubes)? Thanks!

You can create a custom object channel for the objects that you want pulled then, in your radial force component, set the object types affected to this. Conversely, you can create a custom object channel for the objects you don't want to affect and leave that one off the list.
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Got it working; thanks

Comment

A bit related question:

Can i create/use custom object channel to exclude some physical bodies from colliding with another class of objects?

I need my bullet projectiles ignore collision of player pawn. Now spaceship (pawn) is able to shoot self, when it does that projectiles randomly spin spaceship.
        Also projectiles are physics based and with mass comparable to spaceship, they need to have some visible punch on everything but players spaceship.
        Because game is for mobiles i rather not add timer to each bullet that turns on physics after split of second, also no matter of spawn offset from spaceship it is possible to catch up bullet, so i need some general solution to exclude collision of player pawn from colliding with projectiles.

PS.
        I will experiment with those custom channels today.

Comment

Working...
        X