Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i put EventBeginPlay more than once ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i put EventBeginPlay more than once ?

I put it only once and if i want to use it for some other place i need to use i big wire between the two and it masses things up .
    Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

We don't allow placing of most events multiple times because the order in which they will be called is undefined and we felt that having unambiguous event execution within a blueprint was important.

Comment

One way you could work around this, although it does create a bit of disassociation in the graph, is a setup like this:

Attached Files

Comment

Or if you don't want to create custom events:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-01 15.24.31.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1050381

Comment

Marc Audy But look at the mass it makes ! :|

HJPL Thanks but in this one i would still have to draw wires all over the place .

Steve Allison Nice idea ! I think i will use it in the future. Thanks !
          Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

I find just keeping things streamed together works best, especially with event chain. it sort of becomes the header to the events, with the supporting blocks below it, but all up to how you want to lay it out. As said though having it force an order of execution is a good thing though. Keeps you from having a ton of really hard to debug issues. Cause some value or event fires out of order, and till you break on every event, it's impossible to debug. With how they have it setup now though you can debug things so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
              Marc Audy But look at the mass it makes ! :|

HJPL Thanks but in this one i would still have to draw wires all over the place .

Steve Allison Nice idea ! I think i will use it in the future. Thanks !
              Create and use macros, no more wires all over the place.

Comment

Working...
              X