Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic Item System with stacking functionality - Please Critique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made a new thread so that the tutorial hopefully will be easier to find.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...8807#post28807
    Thanks to Hakabane for the original overview!
    Kind Regards,
    Bonny

Comment

Originally posted by Ranz View Post
      Hi, I tried your guide and its functionalities work. I had just had one question though...

I add and Input Event (Press I) so that I could check the contents of the variable where the items are suppose to be stored. I just used Print Node because I don't have a HUD for it yet.

So when I press my key the screen shows 'B_Herb_C' (the name of my pickup blueprint), but after sometime, a minute I think, the display turns to 'None'. Now this worries me. Did you encounter the same? Or is this normal and it won't affect the storing of items in the inventory?
      Hi, have you fix this issue? Here happens the same, it's strange, I've tested the lenght of array and thats OK, but looks like cleared
      Last edited by Union Studio; 07-06-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orone Studio View Post
        Hi, have you fix this issue? Here happens the same, it's strange, I've tested the lenght of array and thats OK, but looks like cleared
        I have not tested this myself and cant really answer that and I dont see myself trying right now either since I will probably get even more busy with other things for some time.
        Hopefully I will be able to be much more active on the forums later this year and I will probably end up revisiting, reworking and maybe even building on this system.
        Kind Regards,
        Bonny

Comment

Working...
        X