Trouble implementing interface functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble implementing interface functions

Hey guys, I am trying to reproduce a basic health and damage system using what i have seen from the the hud content example map, into a new project using the 3rd person template. My only goal is to make the player lose health when they walk into a zone, and show them their health as a number on the hud.

I think I understand how most everything is linked, I have the interface blueprint made, but I am having the damnest time figuring out how to get the interfaces drop down menu to appear with the get player health function like here in the hud content example:Click image for larger version

Name:	forum pic 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	1149626

I have made a blueprint interface(also called get player health) with it's own function called also get player health, and I have implemented it like in the hud content example here:Click image for larger version

Name:	forum pic 2.png
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1149627

But I still cannot see that "interfaces" drop down menu in the "my blueprint" panel, and edit the get player health function to look like this: .Click image for larger version

Name:	forum pic 3.png
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1149628

In my character blueprint window, there is no interface menu to speak of in the my blueprint panel

I must be missing something, can't quite narrow it down!
    Last edited by gnome08; 05-09-2015, 06:29 PM.

It depends on how you have setup the interface function inputs.

You need to have an output in the interface function if you want it like that.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
    WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
    WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Working...
    X