Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi rama! I made the mistake to put the plugin inside my project folder instead of inside the engine, now how can I migrate the plugin to the engine without breaking my project? Because I just realised that the plugin folder was 2.8Gb...

edit: ok I found the solution myself by accident. Had to move all my content to another project I have created after moving the plugins to the engine and activating them, then remove all content from my old project so the engine would be able to open it without crashing, then export my input settings and all.

Now I got the exact same project as before with no broken references or anything, and wright 147Mb instead of 2.8Gb
    Last edited by JX53mb; 03-10-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Hey Malcolm, first you can remove the block mesh refs from the create dynamic material nodes - this should make them both just say 'self'. Most importantly you need to choose a source material in those same nodes where it says 'source material - select asset'. Also you only need to make this material once. Once you've created it and assigned it to a mesh you can go on changing the texture parameter or other values. You also need to make sure you've actually made a material with a parameterised texture node (which is the one you select in the create dynamic material node) - I've shown how to do that a few posts back.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Edit: just realised you posted the same image twice - I thought the top one linked to the bottom one and you'd split a long image in two! The answer still applies though.
      Last edited by Dannington; 03-11-2016, 03:44 PM. Reason: Mistake reading op's post

Comment

Thanks for the help! The main issue was the texture parameter was not defined. Can you please take a look at my solution and let me know if it is the optimal one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	1102307

Comment

Hey Rama, hate to bother you, but which download works with 4.10? I tried the February 6th link to no avail (looks like the .zip doesn't contain a plugin asset?) Thank you so much for all the crazy work you do on this for the community!

EDIT: I figured it out, it was working but the new editor just organizes the plugins differently so i didn't see it there nicely filed under "Rama" in the list!
          Last edited by Hyperloop; 03-13-2016, 11:04 PM.
          Trevor Lee

Comment

Lovely to hear from you all!

Dear Everyone,

I find the most recent string of posts particularly entertaining, because for each of your questions you later posted that you found the answer!

Yay!

I am happy to provide what appears to be a thread that is conducive to spontaneous solution-finding

And thank you to those who are helping others in this thread, like [MENTION=4353]Dannington[/MENTION]!

Also I like it when you folks post questions and then post the answers you found to your own questions, because this still helps others who maybe did not yet figure out the solution!

Lovely to hear from you all!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 03-14-2016, 02:16 AM.
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

BP Node ~ Set Mouse Position, move the OS cursor to any position!

Dear Community,

I was doing some coding on one of my projects and realized anew just how useful Set Mouse Position is!

For those of you who were not aware, one of the nodes in my plugin enables you to SET the position of the OS cursor to any location you want!

Name:	SetMouse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1102373

Here is the source code!

.h
              Code:
              /** SET the Mouse Position! Returns false if the operation could not occur */
              UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "VictoryBPLibrary")
              static bool Viewport__SetMousePosition(const APlayerController* ThePC, const float& PosX, const float& PosY);
              .cpp
              Code:
              bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Viewport__SetMousePosition(const APlayerController* ThePC, const float& PosX, const float& PosY)
              {
              	if (!ThePC) return false;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Get Player
              	const ULocalPlayer * VictoryPlayer = Cast<ULocalPlayer>(ThePC->Player); 
              											//PlayerController::Player is UPlayer

if (!VictoryPlayer) return false;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//get view port ptr
              	const UGameViewportClient * VictoryViewportClient = 
              		Cast < UGameViewportClient > (VictoryPlayer->ViewportClient);

if (!VictoryViewportClient) return false;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FViewport * VictoryViewport = VictoryViewportClient->Viewport;

if (!VictoryViewport) return false;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Set Mouse
              	VictoryViewport->SetMouse(int32(PosX), int32(PosY));

return true;
              }
              Enjoy!

Rama

PS: Please note that community member [MENTION=14113]AdrianLazar[/MENTION] recently posted his discoveries with SetMousePosition when used with gamepad

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post489705
              Last edited by Rama; 03-14-2016, 02:16 AM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                Hi there!

Very nice to hear from you!

You can accomplish async loading by doing this

ConsoleCommand
                "servertravel mapname"

See pic!

I used one of my BP nodes that generates a space between string entries

Enjoy!

Rama

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82302[/ATTACH]
                Wait, really? I was just about to go into the whole "Level streaming" thing, but I didn't realize offline games could use ServerTravel...

Comment

Originally posted by samuelthomson View Post
                  Hi Rama,

I'm using the ISM plugin and I also have the blueprint library installed. The ISM is fantastic, and greatly needed for my project. This is a brilliant tool, but one thing that I have found frustrating is that, when I select some static meshes and press "i", the ISM's that appear in the World Outliner can't be copy/pasted, so I have to keep un-instancing them ("shift+i") in order to duplicate modular pieces. I don't know if its possible, but it'd be really helpful if the ISMs that are created can be copy/pasted, and even better if they were somehow written to the content browser so they looked and behaved like regular blueprints. Anyway, thanks for the tool, and do let me know if these things are available in later builds (I'm using ones from December with Ue4 v 4.10).
                  The issue at hand is that (as of 4.10.4), the Instanced Static Mesh Component's variable for storing FInstancedStaticMeshInstanceData is marked as 'DuplicateTransient'. Now, I'm no C++ expert, but I'm pretty sure that means that variable doesn't get duplicated (copied) with the rest of the component. Unfortunately, said variable is the bit responsible for storing all the actual instances of the mesh. So copying appears to be a bit difficult.

EDIT: Which ISM plugin are you using? I'm probably behind the times, but I only know of the one in the VictoryEdEngine and the plugin I fixed up from Rama's github PR.
                  Last edited by Axtel Sturnclaw; 03-14-2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

It seems that i have a problem with ISM. Every option from the victory editor plugin works, except the instanced mesh one. I press I, i press shift+i, nothing happens (yes the items are staticmeshactor). Any idea on that? I have 4.10.4 and the latest victoryed plugin.

Edit: Fixed it by adding the VideoISM BP. I dont remember having to use that before for testing, but who cares, it works now ^^.
                    Edit2: Aaaaand my instanced mesh disappeared after building the light, wtf?
                    Last edited by Taerarenai; 03-15-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

These plugins are a life saver. I can't get the set fullscreen mode to work though. No matter what, it never changes. I did my own sort of work around where I load in the default user config ini file and see if it is already in full screen mode and then if I am wanting to set it to windowed, I run the fullscreen console command and then save it to the ini file by creating a string array and saving it to the file. Would there be a way to make a blueprint node that can more cleanly edit the ini file? Pretty much what I am doing now is loading in the file to a string array, editing what I want in the string array by searching through it, and then saving the string array to a file that overwrites the old ini file. It works,, but it is probably not the best way to do it I imagine.

Comment

Dear Community,

This node is sufficiently cutting-edge that I decided to make a video of it!

This node allows you to destroy individual pieces of a destructible mesh after it has been fractured!

Enjoy the video!

Rama

Name:	DestructibleIndividualChunksApex.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1102914

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)
                        https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
                        2. Win32 Shipping
                        3. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
                        http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
                          Wait, really? I was just about to go into the whole "Level streaming" thing, but I didn't realize offline games could use ServerTravel...
                          Server travel launches a nice async load of the level for you, even in single player!

Originally posted by Taerarenai View Post
                          Edit: Fixed it by adding the VideoISM BP. I dont remember having to use that before for testing
                          Yes you have to create or pick a class that you want to use that has an instanced static mesh component, I did this because you need to pick a class that will package with your game, unlike any classes I include with the editor-only plugin, and I did not want to involve a dependency on my Victory Plugin for this, so you just have to make your own simple BP that has the component.

When I do the 4.11 upgrade for ISM, once 4.11 is released, I can check out issues with duplicating ISM actors and lighting.

~~~

Originally posted by Axtel Sturnclaw View Post
                          The issue at hand is that (as of 4.10.4), the Instanced Static Mesh Component's variable for storing FInstancedStaticMeshInstanceData is marked as 'DuplicateTransient'. Now, I'm no C++ expert, but I'm pretty sure that means that variable doesn't get duplicated (copied) with the rest of the component. Unfortunately, said variable is the bit responsible for storing all the actual instances of the mesh. So copying appears to be a bit difficult.
                          As part of my Victory Ed Engine editor mode I could implement an additional button press that would duplicate current ISM, another thing I can add in the 4.11 version

Rama
                          Last edited by Rama; 03-21-2016, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hi, am new to ue4, d plugin doesn't seem to work in 4.10.2. How do I create the effect using download image node. specifically, if I want to change the texture in a widget.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rama. I am getting an error when trying to package with android. It says that some dependency keeps generating an error with a define getting redefined. Something about #define with apex 1 when it was previously defined as #define with apex 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                                Server travel launches a nice async load of the level for you, even in single player!

Yes you have to create or pick a class that you want to use that has an instanced static mesh component, I did this because you need to pick a class that will package with your game, unlike any classes I include with the editor-only plugin, and I did not want to involve a dependency on my Victory Plugin for this, so you just have to make your own simple BP that has the component.

When I do the 4.11 upgrade for ISM, once 4.11 is released, I can check out issues with duplicating ISM actors and lighting.

~~~

Rama
                                Any idea why the meshes disappear after you build the light ? (The VideoISM BP is created, it wouldnt work at all without it created & selected so thats not the problem)

Comment

Working...
                                X