Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama,

i'm using your rebindable key source code section for my project, obvious you will be credited, thank for your awesome work
    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

The instanced static mesh editor is amazing. As small issue the instances dissapear if moving the blueprint or setting instancedStaticMesh to static-mobility. Is that known issue or I am doing something wrong? I made own actor class since couldnt find the VictoryISM-class. Using 4.10.4. Wouldnt want the instanced meshes to be moveable mobility (or does that cause much performance hit?).

Edit: Also when reloading level, the instances vanish from the blueprint. I must be doing something wrong or the 4.10.4 have some strangeness.

Edit2: Got it working now. Hadnt the victory plugin installed right. Combined newest link with 4.10 compatible files. Got rid of all my issues. Massive thanks for this.
      Last edited by SaOk; 03-03-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Now noticed the instance culling values have no effect in instanced static mesh editor. The more mesh types I convert, the more overall FPS drops. Is there some workaround for that?

Edit: Seems like its engine build related. Made a ticket: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ith-repro.html

Edit2: Nevermind - that wasnt bug. Just will use the instances more locally then. Very excited to see the results.
        Last edited by SaOk; 03-04-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Is there anyway of getting the plugin to work without that hot key script lines to be added to the projects .ini file?
          I just want to use the 'I' command to join the meshes together, but adding that hot key line to the .ini file crashes it every time

Comment

Sorry to keep spamming this forum, I'm not getting any help in the UE4 Answer Hub as a few others have asked the same question.
            I'm having serious trouble getting the Vertex Snap Editor Plugin with the Rama VictoryPlugin.
            I have just updated to the latest preview version 4.11.0 Preview 6
            Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1101788

Step 1) I've downloaded the latest VictoryPlugin from link posted above - https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2
            Step 2) Extracted it into the folder ...\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin
            Step 3) Started a new Project and made sure the Rama VictoryPlugin is turned on

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1101789
            Step 4) Downloaded the Vertex Snap Editor Plugin from https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip
            Version 03:39, 22 December 2015
            Step 5) Extracted it into the folder ...\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryEdEngine
            Step 6) Loaded up my project and ticked the VictoryEdEngine plugin on

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1101790
            Step 7) Added the code to projects DefaultEngine.ini file
            [/Script/Engine.Engine]
            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine
            Running the Project I get the error message

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1101791

So I remove the code from the .ini file and I get this instead

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1101792

If I click No I get this

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1101793

and then it doesn't load, just does nothing..
            I'm at my end of trying things, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Hi Rama,

I'm using the ISM plugin and I also have the blueprint library installed. The ISM is fantastic, and greatly needed for my project. This is a brilliant tool, but one thing that I have found frustrating is that, when I select some static meshes and press "i", the ISM's that appear in the World Outliner can't be copy/pasted, so I have to keep un-instancing them ("shift+i") in order to duplicate modular pieces. I don't know if its possible, but it'd be really helpful if the ISMs that are created can be copy/pasted, and even better if they were somehow written to the content browser so they looked and behaved like regular blueprints. Anyway, thanks for the tool, and do let me know if these things are available in later builds (I'm using ones from December with Ue4 v 4.10).

Comment

Originally posted by QBert View Post
                G'day,
                Can someone please direct me to the page where I can find all the available versions to be downloaded?
                I found it the other day for the life of me I can't find it again!

Edit: Nevermind found it

Edit Edit:
                So I finally got a version that has popped up in my Window > Plugins bit, activated it, restarted UE4 and all seems okay.
                I've added the -
                [/Script/Engine.Engine]
                UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine
                into my Project .ini as described in the wiki but it crashes my project on load
                (error attached as notepad)

Originally posted by QBert View Post
                The above crash has been asked a few times in the UE4 Answer Hub, but with no answers to solve it.
                Any ideas, anyone? :|
                You dont include these lines for victory plugin, this will crash your engine because you are trying to include VictoryEdEngine which is not part of the Victory BP Library any more.

Sorry for the confusion, its becuase at one time VictoryEdEngine was part of Victory BP Library and now it isn't, it is a separate download here:

VictoryEdEngine Download
                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ic_Mesh_Editor

You can skip the config step entirely if you just want Victory BP Library

EDIT:

The VictoryEdEngine has not yet been updated to 4.11, because 4.11 is not out yet officially.

When it is I will update to 4.11

So you are getting crash cause you are ahead in engine version

Easy way to know what current version is, I list it here (now):

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip

~~~

Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
                Hey Rama,

i'm using your rebindable key source code section for my project, obvious you will be credited, thank for your awesome work
                Yaaay! I am glad to hear that!

~~~

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                The instanced static mesh editor is amazing.

Edit2: Got it working now. Hadnt the victory plugin installed right. Combined newest link with 4.10 compatible files. Got rid of all my issues. Massive thanks for this.
                You're welcome!

~~~

Originally posted by samuelthomson View Post
                Hi Rama,

I'm using the ISM plugin and I also have the blueprint library installed. The ISM is fantastic, and greatly needed for my project. .... when I select some static meshes and press "i", the ISM's that appear in the World Outliner can't be copy/pasted
                When I upgrade VictoryEdEngine to 4.11 I can check this out in greater depth! If I forget do remind me

Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 03-06-2016, 07:36 PM.
                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

hi Rama! First of all your plugin is simply amazing, im loving it! I was wondering one thing, would it be possible for you to create a node that act like the "open Level" node, but without freezing the rendering, so people could draw their animated loading screen then it would not become frozen during the loading? Thanks for reading.

ps: I am using level streaming for just that now, and its quite alot of trouble for as little as an animated transition between main menu and the map. It works, but I wish I could keep my maps separated without needing c++ for the loading screen.

Comment

Originally posted by JX53mb View Post
                    hi Rama! First of all your plugin is simply amazing, im loving it! I was wondering one thing, would it be possible for you to create a node that act like the "open Level" node, but without freezing the rendering, so people could draw their animated loading screen then it would not become frozen during the loading? Thanks for reading.
                    Hi there!

Very nice to hear from you!

You can accomplish async loading by doing this

ConsoleCommand
                    "servertravel mapname"

See pic!

I used one of my BP nodes that generates a space between string entries

Enjoy!

Rama

Name:	AsyncLoadLevel.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1101947

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

New BP Node ~ Get Actor Time In Play! How long has it been since this actor was created?

Name:	GetTimeInPlay.jpg
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	1101948

Dear UE4 Community,

In this latest node release I am giving you built in easy way to know how long an actor has been alive, since the time it was spawned!

This node does not cause any extra load on UE4, I am simply dynamically calculating the time based on the actor's creation time, relative to Get World Time Seconds.

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)
                      https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
                      2. Win32 Shipping
                      3. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
                      http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Thank you so much Rama for answering my question Love your work by the way.
                        Another quick question, I've yet to use the Vertex plugin, I'm looking at it for the combine meshes instance ability.
                        Is it similar to the one in testing "merge actors" in the UE4 currently?
                        I'm having problems with that as it loses the collision box and overlaps the UVs on merge.

Comment

wow, thanks for the fast reply! is this making a difference from the node "server travel"? because either way, my loading screen still freeze at some point, its kinda weird...

also what is the node "Rendering UnFreeze Game Rendering" doing? tried to execute it right after the server travel has started, still frozen.
                          Last edited by JX53mb; 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Rama,
                            First off, this is some amazing stuff! Thank you!

I'm trying to use get mouse position and set mouse position to control the mouse with the gamepad thumb stick and it's working almost perfectly, except that I can set the position to go beyond the screen edge. And while the mouse stays at the edge, the mouse position is still being updated, so if I want to move the mouse back close to the character than it will take a while until the position gets to a value lower than the screen edge.
                            So what I'm trying to figure out is a way to stop the set mouse position from setting a value that's greater than the screen edge, so it won't go beyond that.

-----
                            Solve it and it was ridiculously easy: I just needed to place a clamp node for the X and Y to keep the values between 0 and the screen size on X and Y.

Thank you,
                            -Adrian
                            Last edited by AdrianLazar; 03-09-2016, 08:30 AM.
                            PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Hi Rama! Since the last launcher update I can't open any project in 4.10 with victory plugin. It says "This project requires the Victory Plugin" I've tried moving the plugin into runtime and I've tried having it in the project directory but nothing seems to work. When I click on Installed Plugins it says there are no plugins installed under 4.10. I tried on 4.11.6 and 4.11.7 as well.

EDIT: I found out it was trying to call the build tool from 4.11 on 4.10 project. I removed 4.11 completely but whenever I try to open it asks me to rebuild the .dll file. Doing so fails even though the log finishes by saying "Target up to date" and I can rebuild fine in visual studio with no errors but for some reason it always asks to rebuild the .dll

Final: For some reason forcing my project to 4.11 and converting it in place with the new 4.11 version of victorybp solved the issue but I was forced to abandon 4.10 which could be seen as risky to some people with their main project but it works for me!
                              Last edited by Prazon; 03-09-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

PLEASE HELP!

I have been trying to change the texture on a dynamic material and then set that dynamic material on a 3d model for days now with no luck! I have tried a million combinations using the "Victory Load Texture 2D from File" blueprint but nothing is working.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	1102152Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	1102152

Basically I want to load a texture from the file system and set it on my mesh/model.

Comment

Working...
                                X