Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having similar issues, can't get any unreal versions or projects to work with the plugin at all right now.

Comment

Busted again as of 4.11 preview 6 (first time I've ever seen the plugin report a "wrong engine version" file on a small version number increase, ever)

Apparently Epic decided to move or delete something to do with the Vorbis encoder and now Victory Plugin can't see it and it breaks everything spectacularly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IDontKnowHowToCodeAndImOutOfMyDepth.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1101156

IDK how to code and I'm out of my depth on this. Commenting out the offending lines in the Victory source doesn't do anything because of subsequent dependencies and I have no idea how to properly fix it.

EDIT: hang on, I sorta got it.... for those who aren't using Vorbis decode, anyway:

Code:
      int32 UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::fillSoundWaveInfo(class USoundWave* sw, TArray<uint8>* rawFile)
      {
      	FSoundQualityInfo info;
      //	FVorbisAudioInfo vorbis_obj = FVorbisAudioInfo();
      //	if (!vorbis_obj.ReadCompressedInfo(rawFile->GetData(), rawFile->Num(), &info))
      //	{
      		//Debug("Can't load header");
      		return 1;
      	}

//	if (!sw) return 1;
      //	sw->SoundGroup = ESoundGroup::SOUNDGROUP_Default;
      //	sw->NumChannels = info.NumChannels;
      //	sw->Duration = info.Duration;
      //	sw->RawPCMDataSize = info.SampleDataSize;
      //	sw->SampleRate = info.SampleRate;
      //
      //	return 0;
      //}
      Just force the plugin to always return that the file in question isn't an ogg vorbis. Prevents breakage down the line that occurs if you try to skip the loading check entirely.

Obviously for people who need this functionality I didn't fix it but it does at least let me open my game again.
      Last edited by RhythmScript; 02-24-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

The Challenge of Supporting Non-Release Engine Versions

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post

EDIT: In fact, flexed my tiny C++ muscles to comment out those lines (IImagewrapper.h and the other line right below it) and recompile the plugin, seems to work fine now.

Now, I have absolutely no idea what those lines DID, or whether I'll spectacularly break anything by using the plugin in this state, so I'm not really going to mess with it, but it's absolutely those two lines causing the issue.
        Originally posted by Dannington View Post
        You need to change the include paths. Change 'Developer' to 'Runtime' at the start of both IImageWrap includes. (I think it's runtime, I'm not in front of my PC now.
        Busted again as of 4.11 preview 6 (first time I've ever seen the plugin report a "wrong engine version" file on a small version number increase, ever)

Apparently Epic decided to move or delete something to do with the Vorbis encoder and now Victory Plugin can't see it and it breaks everything spectacularly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80292[/ATTACH]

IDK how to code and I'm out of my depth on this. Commenting out the offending lines in the Victory source doesn't do anything because of subsequent dependencies and I have no idea how to properly fix it.

EDIT: hang on, I sorta got it.... for those who aren't using Vorbis decode, anyway:

Code:
        int32 UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::fillSoundWaveInfo(class USoundWave* sw, TArray<uint8>* rawFile)
        {
        	FSoundQualityInfo info;
        //	FVorbisAudioInfo vorbis_obj = FVorbisAudioInfo();
        //	if (!vorbis_obj.ReadCompressedInfo(rawFile->GetData(), rawFile->Num(), &info))
        //	{
        		//Debug("Can't load header");
        		return 1;
        	}

//	if (!sw) return 1;
        //	sw->SoundGroup = ESoundGroup::SOUNDGROUP_Default;
        //	sw->NumChannels = info.NumChannels;
        //	sw->Duration = info.Duration;
        //	sw->RawPCMDataSize = info.SampleDataSize;
        //	sw->SampleRate = info.SampleRate;
        //
        //	return 0;
        //}
        Just force the plugin to always return that the file in question isn't an ogg vorbis. Prevents breakage down the line that occurs if you try to skip the loading check entirely.

Obviously for people who need this functionality I didn't fix it but it does at least let me open my game again.
        Originally posted by Nup View Post
        I'm having similar issues, can't get any unreal versions or projects to work with the plugin at all right now.
        So it would seem that the challenge of supporting a non-release engine version has emerged, incremental new testing builds from Epic are not binary compatible and involve significant code changes!

What I uploaded compiled great for me in 4.11.4, but 4.11.5 and 4.11.6 have since become binary incompatible and are the source of the errors you are all reporting.

I am upgrading to 4.11.6 now so I can address these issues.

I guess in general you should be prepared for stuff to break between increments of an unofficial engine test build like 4.11 currently is
        , and let me know when this occurs.

I primarly work in released engine versions but I am planning to have Victory Plugin go with the pre-release test engine builds, but this frequent binary incompatibility. appears to be one side-effect of that choice.

I really dont think that once marketplace plugins are live that Epic will be able to convince developers to keep pace with every single incremental test build for unreleased engine versions, due to high probability of code changes causing binary incompatibilities.

You all are going to be feeling spoiled at me supporting Victory Plugin for each test build increment

Please note I can only ever support the most recent incremental pre-release Engine build, seeing as each version could and seems to tend to be binary incompatible.

I hope you are seeing the complexity of the choice I was compelled to make by popular demand, supporting a test engine build is a lot of work! Donations are appreciated.

Rama

PS: Btw, IImageWrapper going from Developer to Runtime is a great thing! And thanks for reporting that Dannington, and confirmations from John and RhythmScript!
        Last edited by Rama; 02-25-2016, 06:10 PM.
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

New Victory Plugin Release ~ Full Support for 4.11.6

Dear Community,

New Victory Plugin Release for 4.11.6!

Henceforth please note I can only ever support the most recent pre-release engine build, currently 4.11.6.

This is because Epic's code changes between pre-release increments cause binary incompatibilties and compile errors which will prevent you from running my Victory Plugin in older pre-release versions.

Therefore my plugin is now incompatible with 4.11.4 and 4.11.5.

So please make sure you are on 4.11.6 before raising any compiler issues.

4.11.6 compiles for me great now, after addressing the issues that others have mentioned in above posts.

~~~

Fixes for 4.11.6

1. I fixed the vorbis issue without having to nullify the functionality, but thank you RhythmScript for the pointer (I made sure to check it (ptr joke)).

2. I changed the IImageWrapper includes

3. Updated Git. https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)
          https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note my downloads also include Win64 Development and Win32 Shipping packaged binaries.

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:
          http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 02-25-2016, 06:28 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Thanks very much Rama!

I've also donated $10 now, it's not much, but if everyone who uses this plugin would donate a bit that would surely be a significant amount of money.

So thanks very much for you awesome work
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi Rama,
              Thanks for the plugin.. it is indeed useful as it is.. and also for me to understand Unreal C++ underlying code..

Btw, I am still using 4.10.4 - will only start using 4.11 when 4.11.1 appears. Therefore, I am downloading the plugin from this page: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip
              And from this thread, the version known to work with 4.10 is dated 6 Feb 2016. But the file doesn't contain source code, only binary files. So I downloaded the previous to that..which dated 15 January 2016. Now compile is fine.

However I noticed that there are missing files from source code which are GameMode (plus several other files). Are those files now are split into different projects?
              Last edited by Syed; 02-26-2016, 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Awwww thanks Rama !

Comment

Hey John,
                  I created a pause button on my project, how do I make it pause when I touch it and not click on the keyboard (because there are alot of guides for that one).
                  I don't even need the whole blueprint - only how to attach to that button ANY kind of command (jump, run etc...).

Thank you.

Comment

@adamwisi, in your widget design window, you should have different actions to assign in the details of your button (scroll down the details panel). Clicking the green zone with "+" adds an event which you can attach to something.

@Rama : since I've installed your plug-in, I can't export to HTML5, and I've got a "WARNING root: java does not seem to exist, required for closure compiler, which is optional (define JAVA in ~/.emscripten if you want it)". I don't remind having it before. When I deactivate your plugin, the warning stays but export works. Note : there has been an update today (on both 4.10.4 and 4.11 preview6).

Comment

Yeah, when I suggested a "do-once-and-drop" for the preview releases, I had no idea that such radical changes were being made across incremental versions.

I'd LIKE to think that the reason for this is simply that Epic is making some deep changes in advance of marketplace plugins to obviate this type of thing in the future and it's just a one-off problem with bad timing (it seems like both times Victory did weird stuff, it was in making references to other plugin libraries), but honestly who knows at this point.

I can certainly say I HOPE that's what they're planning, because if this is the sort of thing everyone with a marketplace plugin is up against, marketplace plugins are dead in the water. I mean, near as anyone can tell, nothing that broke in Victory even had anything to do with the feature changes Epic is making between these version numbers. It'd be one thing if a plugin was hooked into audio decoding and then that got updated, but this is stuff completely unrelated to the features and bugfixes Epic has listed for these incremental updates, it seems like.

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                      I fixed the vorbis issue without having to nullify the functionality, but thank you RhythmScript for the pointer (I made sure to check it (ptr joke)).
                      I don't get it.

When I say I'm out of my element when it comes to coding I'm not at all kidding (I had to look through the Victory source for obvious comments to figure out that // is how you comment out a line. That's how out of my depth I am poking around in there.)
                      Last edited by RhythmScript; 02-26-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teapot Creation View Post
                        @Rama : since I've installed your plug-in, I can't export to HTML5
                        I just successfully packaged for HTML5, no issues. But that is because I could recompile for HTML5 using Visual Studio.

The problem with the new Epic policy of plugin content going in the Engine folder is that then the engine wants to compile that plugin for every platform you want to ship to, and if the original author does not include that particular build and you dont have C++ powers, then you are rather stuck, unable to use a platform if even a single plugin you are using does not ship to that platform.

So that means that the range of platforms you can ship to is the intersection of all of the platforms supported by all of the plugins you have installed!

Rather problematic in my opinion. I really enjoyed the project-level plugin system for its greater independence and less dependencies like this.

I can include HTML5 packaged builds with future updates, but it will increase the distributable size by

Really the answer here is bananas + C++ programmers to recompile for your target platform.

I don't get it.

When I say I'm out of my element when it comes to coding I'm not at all kidding (I had to look through the Victory source for obvious comments to figure out that // is how you comment out a line. That's how out of my depth I am poking around in there.)
                        I have a phrase, "Always Check Your Pointers!"

More info here:

Entry Level Guide to UE4 C++
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Entry_...to_UE4_C%2B%2B

Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

New BP Networking Node ~ IsSinglePlayer

Dear Community,

New BP Node for you!

This node is great if you want to know that there is currently no networking state at all, neither Dedicated, Listen, or Client, but only Standalone / Single player.

You can avoid running any multiplayer logics using this node and a branch.

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include Win64 Development and Win32 Shipping packaged binaries.

Rama

Click image for larger version

Name:	IsSinglePlayer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1101354

Comment

HTML5 Packaged Build Now Supported

Dear Community,

I am now supporting Development HTML5 as a packaged build.

Keep in mind if you want ship to mac or mobile and you dont have C++ powers, then you should not put my plugin in the Engine Directory, as it will prevent you from packaging. This is true as of 4.11.6, I hope Epic can address this issue of plugin packaging platform interdependency.

New Download (29.5mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include Development HTML, Win64 Development and Win32 Shipping packaged binaries.

Rama

Comment

G'day,
                              Can someone please direct me to the page where I can find all the available versions to be downloaded?
                              I found it the other day for the life of me I can't find it again!

Edit: Nevermind found it

Edit Edit:
                              So I finally got a version that has popped up in my Window > Plugins bit, activated it, restarted UE4 and all seems okay.
                              I've added the -
                              [/Script/Engine.Engine]
                              UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine
                              into my Project .ini as described in the wiki but it crashes my project on load
                              (error attached as notepad)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by QBert; 03-02-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

The above crash has been asked a few times in the UE4 Answer Hub, but with no answers to solve it.
                                Any ideas, anyone? :|

Comment

Working...
                                X