Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rama, could you include an extra node in your plugin, that would get the informations in "project settings", like "project version" and "project name"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
      Donated - with great appreciation.

Dan
      Thank you Dannington!

~~~

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
      A "little" request: I'm not sure if it's within the engine already or not, but I would be happy to see a delay node with a float output of how much time is remaining on the delay. I hope it's ok that I ask for that ^^

Greetings,
      Dakraid

It's a great idea! but async operation like that requires engine node, which I cannot make as part of this BP-only compatible plugin

But nice to hear form you Dakraid!

~~~

Originally posted by mayaping View Post
      Is there any template available to make a plugin?
      If you go to Edit -> Plugins and then click on a little green button in the lower right corner you will get a lovely assortment of Epic-created plugin templates, many thanks to Epic Michael Noland!

~~~

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
      Awesome! Thanks Rama

Unfortunately, I can't see the new version in the Wiki. I only see the old version from 6th February, and it does not work in 4.11, gives me errors if I try to compile it.
      Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
      So, I'm now dealing with the whole "most recent version of Victory Plugin isn't showing in the Wiki download page" issue.
      Okay I see my uploading to my media fire is simply not optional, one moment, I am doing a new release right now anyways

(!)

Rama
      Last edited by Rama; 02-18-2016, 05:25 AM.
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Hi Rama

Where have I gone wrong

UE4.10

Downloaded and extracted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1100746

Opened Project, and made folder "Plugins"

Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1100748

Pasted in files

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1100749

And then I get this

Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1100750

But as you can see, the file seems to be there in the first pic ^^

Any help would be great

Narg
        http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

Originally posted by Narghile View Post
          Hi Rama

Where have I gone wrong
          I answer your question in my post below!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

New BP Node ~ Get Box Containing World Points!

Name:	GetBoxContainingPoints.jpg
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	1100755

Dear Community,

I've just released a new node!

It is very helpful any time you are doing 3D geometric analysis and want a volume that contains all and any arbitrary number of 3D world space points that you specify!

Check it out!

In this pic the little dots are 3D meshes and I gather all the points in the level blueprint and generate a Box that contains all of them using my new node!

~~~

Victory Plugin New Distribution Policy

Because of the 20mb wiki file size limit and because it does not always update fast enough when I release new versions, I am henceforth only supporting my Media Fire link.

Now I can put both the Editor and the Packaged Binaries for Development 64 and Shipping 32 in the same file!

Yay!

This also helps with the rules for packaging the plugin with a game

~~~

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:
            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Victory Plugin Download Link
            http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie...toryPlugin.zip

Plugin Engine Versions/Release Dates
            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ngine_Versions

Github
            https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin

Enjoy!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 02-18-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

How to Package Victory Plugin With Your Game

Dear Community,

First of all I currently only support Development Win64 and Shipping Win32 for packaging process.

If you need to package the plugin for Mac or a mobile device you will have to mail me fresh copy of the appropriate device so I can compile for that platform.

~~~

One Plugin Install For All Projects

If you follow my steps below you can use my Victory Plugin in every one of your projects without having to copy it into each project, and it will also package correctly.

This is because my plugin should now go in your Engine folder, not your project folder.

~~~

Users Be Aware: If you dont have a C++ programmer and you are trying to compile for Mac or mobile devices you should not use my plugin, because I cant currently support packaging the plugin for these platforms.

Solution A

Name:	BananasSmall.png
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	1100758 I highly recommend obtaining a C++ programmer, I hear they like bananas. Click image for larger version

Name:	BananasSmall.png
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	1100758

Solution B

You could also become a C++ programmer yourself by downloading Visual Studio 2015 for the Community, it's free!

Eating more bananas will help too.

My Personal Recommendation

I recommend becoming a C++ programmer in all cases, so you can keep your bananas for your own personal consumption.

~~~

"Help It Says Victory Plugin Module Is Missing"

The rules for packaging my plugin with your game are different than they were pre 4.11.

If you dont follow my steps below, you will get an error message saying that Victory Plugin Module could not be loaded when you try to package and then run your game.

~~~

Steps to Packaging Victory Plugin

1. Download the Binaries + Source code from my download link:
              http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie...toryPlugin.zip

Engine Folder
              2. Move the contents to the Engine folder for your current engine version.

Code:
              Engine/Plugins/Runtime
              Please note my plugin is a Runtime plugin, which means it can package with the game and be distributed in the final game product.

Package For Supported Platform
              3. Package the game for Development Win64 or Shipping Win32*

~~~

Attention C++ Programmers

*4. If you are or someone you love and adore is a C++ programmer, they can move my supplied files to the project level, and do a full Rebuild in Visual Studio to generate compiled binary .lib files for whatever the destination platform is.

These will be added to the Binaries folder for the plugin.

Now you should move all of this back to the Engine directory, the proper location for all officially distributed plugins (as told to me by Epic).

Now you can package the game in the editor and the plugin will come along for the ride!

~~~

Custom Engine Versions

People using custom Engine versions can recompile my plugin directly in the Engine folder since I include the entire source code.

~~~

Wiki About Packaging Custom Plugins

I have composed a wiki to help explain all of this both for plugin users and plugin developers.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin...With_Your_Game

Enjoy!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 02-18-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                It's a great idea! but async operation like that requires engine node, which I cannot make as part of this BP-only compatible plugin
                But nice to hear from you Dakraid!

Rama
                I see, thanks for explaining that to me. Guess I should take a look into the source code and see if I can do it myself.

Greetings,
                Netrve

Comment

Thanks Rama!

Unfortunately, it still does not seem to work with the mediafire file.

If I add the VictoryPlugin folder to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime folder and then open a 4.11 project or even just click "Launch" 4.11 in the launcher without any project, I get this:

Name:	b1a44c5856.png
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1100778

If I remove the VictoryPlugin from the Engine\Plugins\Runtime folder and instead add the VictoryPlugin to the Plugins folder of a project and then try to open the project, it tells me the same, asks me if I want to rebuild it now, if I say yes it tells me it does not work and I should try to do it manually.

If I open then Visual Studio file and Build my project, it fails with these errors:

Name:	653d59c225.png
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1100779

So the problem seems to be:

1>[...]\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(10): fatal error C1083: File (Include) can't be opened: "Developer/ImageWrapper/Public/Interfaces/IImageWrapper.h": No such file or directory
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                    So the problem seems to be:
                    Developer/ImageWrapper/Public/Interfaces/IImageWrapper.h": No such file or directory
                    Yep, same issue here.

Most irritating is that this issue arises, once you've added VictoryPlugin to the Engine / Plugins / Runtime / VictoryPlugin folder, just OPENING 4.11, even if you aren't opening a project. It just throws up an error saying it may need to be recompiled.

EDIT: In fact, flexed my tiny C++ muscles to comment out those lines (IImagewrapper.h and the other line right below it) and recompile the plugin, seems to work fine now.

Now, I have absolutely no idea what those lines DID, or whether I'll spectacularly break anything by using the plugin in this state, so I'm not really going to mess with it, but it's absolutely those two lines causing the issue.
                    Last edited by RhythmScript; 02-18-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
                      Yep, same issue here.

Most irritating is that this issue arises, once you've added VictoryPlugin to the Engine / Plugins / Runtime / VictoryPlugin folder, just OPENING 4.11, even if you aren't opening a project. It just throws up an error saying it may need to be recompiled.
                      That's completely normal, everything needs to be recompiled between engine versions. I guess when 4.11 is properly released Rama will do new builds for those of us that don't like to compile.

I personally wouldn't be touching 4.11 and expecting any results at all until they send word out that it's time to test your marketplace assets with it.

Comment

You need to change the include paths. Change 'Developer' to 'Runtime' at the start of both IImageWrap includes. (I think it's runtime, I'm not in front of my PC now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                          You need to change the include paths. Change 'Developer' to 'Runtime' at the start of both IImageWrap includes. (I think it's runtime, I'm not in front of my PC now.
                          Oh, that works great! Now it compiles fine Just changed 'Developer' to 'Runtime' in those two lines like you said.

Thanks Dannington!
                          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi,
                            Thanks a lot Rama for your work !

I've downloaded your plugin specially for your "save to file" node ; is it possible to give this node a relative path to save the file ?
                            I want to package my project in HTML to host it on a website, and save some values in txt to use them in another program, si I have to save them on the server (and not locally).
                            Any suggest ?
                            Thanks a lot again !

Comment

Of course I downloaded the wrong one... <grins> -- I REALLY need to read don't I. Thanks for the note...

teak
                              "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                              -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14+: here.

Comment

Gosh, since the last engine update (02-19-16), the plugin doesn't work and my projects doesn't work either...
                                Could you Rama post an updated version of the plugin ? Or do you even have a 4.10.3 working version of your plugin ?
                                Or does someone know the way (or a tutorial) to recompile using visual studio 2015 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X