Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nodes for Mathematical Planes! Create Plane, PointDistanceToPlane, and IsPointInPlane!

Dear Community,

I've added some new nodes to make working with Planes (math structure) easier in Blueprints!

Using my new Create Plane BP node you will find it very easy to construct planes for use with Draw Debug Plane and Project Point to Plane, etc!

I've also given you a very easy coplanarity test via IsPointOnPlane!

Enjoy!

Rama

Click image for larger version

Name:	CreatePlane.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	1098613

Name:	PointOnPlane.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1098614

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb)
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ngine_Versions

~~~

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:V...inPackaged.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire
    https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file ♥ Rama

~~~

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:
    http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 01-15-2016, 12:13 PM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Hey Rama! I love your work. But I have a problem, I've gone back to using UE4.7.2, and found that Victory was deleted when I installed new versions of UE4. So I downloaded Victory again to put back into 4.7.2 and activated it, but now the project I was working on won't open, as the "modules are missing or built with a different engine version" and there is no line in any config file referencing Victory at all, I may have used a Victory blueprint node, but no matter what I do I can't open my project! I've looked at the release date for 4.7.2 and downloaded Victory from https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip that matches the date, but it still is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ScruffyHollywood View Post
        Hey Rama! I love your work. But I have a problem, I've gone back to using UE4.7.2, and found that Victory was deleted when I installed new versions of UE4. So I downloaded Victory again to put back into 4.7.2 and activated it, but now the project I was working on won't open, as the "modules are missing or built with a different engine version" and there is no line in any config file referencing Victory at all, I may have used a Victory blueprint node
        Welcome to the forums Scruffy!

I would recommend you use 4.10 engine version with my latest plugin release, so that you can open the project, and then find the nodes. Is there a reason you have to stay on 4.7.2 ?

Good luck!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Get Closest Actor Of Class In Radius of Location

Get Closest Actor of Class In Radius of Actor

These nodes are great for use with AI calculations!

Name:	GetClosestActorClassInRadius2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1099143

Name:	GetClosestActorClassInRadius1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1099144

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.91 mb)

Rama

Comment

First of all, absolutely love this plug-in, has made my life sooo much easier!
            Just wanted to mention something with the Real World Time nodes. The Get Current OSTime node return string doesn't include milliseconds, yet if I append the return string to include .<milliseconds> the Get Time Passed Since Previous Time node accepts it and works as intended, outputting the time passed in milliseconds. Was it intentional to not include milliseconds in the Get Current OSTime? If so, might be worth mentioning how to include it manually in the description since it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out that this was the problem.

Comment

Hi Rama, just to let you know the plugin you made for me has now seen action on TV! So thanks for that. A small question - does your ip node get the ip on the local network or the internet? (I need to get the local one)

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo962 View Post
                First of all, absolutely love this plug-in, has made my life sooo much easier!
                Just wanted to mention something with the Real World Time nodes. The Get Current OSTime node return string doesn't include milliseconds, yet if I append the return string to include .<milliseconds> the Get Time Passed Since Previous Time node accepts it and works as intended, outputting the time passed in milliseconds. Was it intentional to not include milliseconds in the Get Current OSTime? If so, might be worth mentioning how to include it manually in the description since it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out that this was the problem.
                Hi there!

Welcome to the forums!

The UE4 function itself declares that it does not return milliseconds:

Code:
                /**
                	 * Returns the string representation of this date using a default format.
                	 * The returned string has the following format:
                	 *		yyyy.mm.dd-hh.mm.ss
                	 * @return String representation.
                	 * @see Parse, ToIso8601
                	 */
                	CORE_API FString ToString() const;
                Yet, as you say, the parsing function which takes the string accepts it if milliseconds are added onto the end.

For the sake of the node itself it makes more sense if the string includes the milliseconds

BP node Update

So I've updated my BP node!

Code:
                FString UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::RealWorldTime__GetCurrentOSTime( 
                	int32& MilliSeconds,
                	int32& Seconds, 
                	int32& Minutes, 
                	int32& Hours12,
                	int32& Hours24,
                	int32& Day,
                	int32& Month,
                	int32& Year
                ){
                	const FDateTime Now = FDateTime::Now();

MilliSeconds = 		Now.GetMillisecond( );
                	Seconds = 			Now.GetSecond( );
                	Minutes = 				Now.GetMinute( );
                	Hours12 = 			Now.GetHour12( );
                	Hours24 = 			Now.GetHour( ); //24
                	Day = 					Now.GetDay( );
                	Month = 				Now.GetMonth( );
                	Year = 				Now.GetYear( );

//MS are not included in FDateTime::ToString(), so adding it
                	//The Parse function accepts if MS are present.
                	FString NowWithMS = Now.ToString();
                	NowWithMS += "." + FString::FromInt(MilliSeconds);
                	return NowWithMS;
                }

It will be in my next release

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                  Hi Rama, just to let you know the plugin you made for me has now seen action on TV! So thanks for that. A small question - does your ip node get the ip on the local network or the internet? (I need to get the local one)

Thanks again!
                  Wohoo! Congratulations Dan! Victory BP Library and your project on TV!!

The IP node is for actual internet IP, because it relays to http://api.ipify.org to find out your ip address

When you say you want to get your local ip address, isn't that going to be 127.0.0.1 ?

Rama

Comment

Config Suite of BP Nodes

Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

Using my suite of Config BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1099315

~~~

Supported Types:

Bool
                    Int
                    Float
                    Rotator
                    Vector
                    Color
                    String

~~~

Why Use a Config Var?

Config vars have several benefits

1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

~~~

Game.ini

All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

Code:
                    [DebugWindows]
                    ConsoleWidth=160
                    ConsoleHeight=4000
                    ConsoleX=-32000
                    ConsoleY=-32000

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
                    BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
                    StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
                    FullRebuild=True
                    ForDistribution=False
                    UsePakFile=True
                    UseOBB_InAPK=False
                    CulturesToStage=en

[Victory]
                    BoolVar=True
                    VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
                    StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
                    FloatVar=234.000000
                    Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

Rama

PS: Here's example usage!

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1099316

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb)

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions
                    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ngine_Versions

~~~

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games
                    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:V...inPackaged.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire
                    https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file ♥ Rama

~~~

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:
                    http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

No, I mean like a 192.168.0.10 - the address the router gives on the LAN. I'm running some software using the brilliant TouchOSC app on my phone or iPad to drive commands in unreal. The downside is I need to configure the app with the right target address and port in order to talk to the engine and vice versa. Getting the ip would be good to save the operator from having to run ipconfig to get the details.

Comment

Rama, I love your work but I have a request -- if you really want to win the Internet, you'll make these effects for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lp3HD3RQOY

Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by tundra_cooo View Post
                          Rama, I love your work but I have a request -- if you really want to win the Internet, you'll make these effects for everyone
                          I'm not sure why you asked in this thread, this effect has nothing to do with what Rama provides here. What you are asking him for is to make a graphical effect and the framework to use it.
                          This is something you make yourself or hire someone to do it for you, since it's a fairly specific feature. It's not something which would fit into Rama's BP plugin.

Create your own topic and ask nicely, someone might do it for you. The UE4 community is generally very helpful, so it's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                            I'm not sure why you asked in this thread, this effect has nothing to do with what Rama provides here. What you are asking him for is to make a graphical effect and the framework to use it.
                            This is something you make yourself or hire someone to do it for you, since it's a fairly specific feature. It's not something which would fit into Rama's BP plugin.

Create your own topic and ask nicely, someone might do it for you. The UE4 community is generally very helpful, so it's worth a try.
                            Objectively, it's not so much an effect request than a request for the ability to modify triangles or texels via a BP node. Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tundra_cooo View Post
                              Objectively, it's not so much an effect request than a request for the ability to modify triangles or texels via a BP node. Sounds pretty good to me.
                              I see now, watching the video suggested for me you were asking for the whole effect rather than a specific utility used to create that. Now that you formulated it it does make sense asking for it here, sorry for my confusion ^^

Comment

How do you correctly unload? I am trying to do "Unload Stream Level". If I do <LEVELNAME>_VictoryInstance_<INSTANCENUMBER> Unreal crashes. If I do UED_PIE_0_<LEVELNAME>_VictoryInstance_<INSTANCENUMBER> it does not unload. Not sure if there is an equivalent Victory Unload I should be using instead.

I have an actor that I use to create my map instance and I store the string there so I can retrieve it later on "Event Destroyed"

Comment

Working...
                                X