Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClosestPointToCollision.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	1097091

Dear Community,

I've just released two new nodes to help you with all of your collsion surface distance checks!

These nodes let you easily tell how far a given point is from the actual PhysX surface of any UE4 game object with collision / primitive component!

I've even given you a node that let's you directly check the distance between the physical surfaces of two objects!

See pics!

These nodes work with Characters and Skeletal Mesh actors that have physics assets!

~~~

Distance Between Surfaces Of Two Objects

Name:	SurfaceDistanceBetween.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1097092

Name:	SurfaceDistanceBetweenBP.jpg
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1097093

~~~

World Point Distance To Collision Of Any Object

Name:	ClosestPointToCollision.jpg
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	1097091

Name:	ClosestPointToCollisionBP.jpg
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1097094

~~~

My C++ For You

Here's the C++ code for my algorithm to get the distance between the colliding surfaces of any two objects!

Code:
    float UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetDistanceBetweenComponentSurfaces(UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent1, UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent2, FVector& PointOnSurface1, FVector& PointOnSurface2)
    {
    	if(!CollisionComponent1 || !CollisionComponent2) 
            {
                return -1;
            } 

//Closest Point on 2 to 1
    	CollisionComponent2->GetDistanceToCollision(CollisionComponent1->GetComponentLocation(), PointOnSurface2);

//Closest Point on 1 to closest point on surface of 2
    	return CollisionComponent1->GetDistanceToCollision(PointOnSurface2, PointOnSurface1);
    }

_
    ~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb)
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ngine_Versions

~~~

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:V...inPackaged.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file ♥ Rama

https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

~~~

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:
    http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Gamepad UMG Project up to 4.10 Now

Dear Community,

I've updated my complimentary plugin to 4.10, which lets you easily use a gamepad as if it was a mouse cursor in UMG!

Now you can navigate UMG using a gamepad with great ease!

See video for details!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post439045

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
        You have to be using a compatible engine version, what engine version are you using?

Rama
        Hey Rama!

Thanks for your reply! I am was using 4.10 and now am using 4.10.1 and still facing the same issue.
        I thought your victoryEdEngine was compatible with 4.10 but please tell me if I am mistaken, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Comment

does it have the feature of detecting the game pad ?
          RhinoGameHK | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

Hey Rama. Thank you so much for your efforts towards the community. I have a suggestion for you . I bet many of us who make multiplayer games and won't use the session needs to get Ping of the server. It would be really helpfull if there were a node where you can write the URL and then the node would return the ping to that URL. What do you think Rama?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kabirpunde View Post
              Hey Rama!

Thanks for your reply! I am was using 4.10 and now am using 4.10.1 and still facing the same issue.
              I thought your victoryEdEngine was compatible with 4.10 but please tell me if I am mistaken, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.
              I am unable to reproduce this issue at the moment, VictoryEdEngine 4.10 is working great for me with test projects and downloads from the wiki of the plugin

If anyone else has any ideas please let kabir know!

Originally posted by soulmapp View Post
              does it have the feature of detecting the game pad ?
              UE4 detects the gamepad

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
              Hey Rama. Thank you so much for your efforts towards the community. I have a suggestion for you . I bet many of us who make multiplayer games and won't use the session needs to get Ping of the server. It would be really helpfull if there were a node where you can write the URL and then the node would return the ping to that URL. What do you think Rama?

Thanks
              This is a great idea!! Adding to my list!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 12-20-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Dear Community,

Happy holidays!

And even if its not a holiday where you are, I hope you have fun during these next few days too!

Rama

Comment

Hey Rama,

just having a issue with your plugin. If I want to use it on source code unreal it keeps saying "incompatible or missing files" on version 4.10.1. But if I use it on unreal side built it works and no error shows up. Any fixes already?

Thanks.

Comment

I am unable to reproduce this issue at the moment, VictoryEdEngine 4.10 is working great for me with test projects and downloads from the wiki of the plugin

If anyone else has any ideas please let kabir know!

UE4 detects the gamepad

This is a great idea!! Adding to my list!

Rama
                    Hey guys,

So I found this post on answer hub with some going through the same problem as me. Apparently he was able to fix it by having some one recompile it. Unfortunately my skills are limited if not down right absent when it comes to C++ and programming, so repeated attempts to compile through visual studio with zero knowledge is not really working out well. LOL.

I was wondering if some one could do me a favour and quickly recompile the VictoryEdEngine and upload it, I would really appreciate it. Or if some one can tell me how to compile it, that would also be helpful.

here is the link to answer hub post with the same issue as me.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...t-working.html

Thanks to any one who can help in advance!

Name:	68492-error.png
Views:	2
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1097364

Comment

Even if I try to cook the project it keeps saying "RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully." with result "BUILD FAILED". If Victory Plugin is not active it cooks without any problems.

Follow link to the error code: Click here

Comment

Solution for VictoryEdEngine 4.10

Originally posted by kabirpunde View Post
                        I was wondering if some one could do me a favour and quickly recompile the VictoryEdEngine and upload it, I would really appreciate it. Or if some one can tell me how to compile it, that would also be helpful.
                        Sorry about that, somehow my VictoryEdEngine 4.10 never made it onto the wiki!

At this link you will now find the 4.10 version

Make sure you see a date for Dec 22nd, if not try using a different browser or clear your browser cache

Victory Ed Engine 4.10
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Sorry about that, somehow my VictoryEdEngine 4.10 never made it onto the wiki!

At this link you will now find the 4.10 version

Make sure you see a date for Dec 22nd, if not try using a different browser or clear your browser cache

Victory Ed Engine 4.10
                          https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip

Enjoy!

Rama
                          Hey Rama,

Thanks for the update, but for some reason I cant see the Dec 22 update to your plugin on the wiki. Checked on multiple browsers and systems.
                          Could you check again?

Thanks!

Comment

http://puu.sh/m4xSd.png its there

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                              Yup I see it now. Thanks!

Comment

Two HTMl5 Game Nodes For You! Show/Hide Cursor (Reliably) and IsHtml5!

Dear Community,

I've spent most of my spare time for past 2 days researching a particular issue related to HTML5 developmenti n UE4, which is the issue that it is very hard to show/hide the mouse cursor at will when playing a UE4 game within a web browser!

My fundamental issue was being able to show hide the cursor when switching between UMG and regular gameplay, and the node I am giving you today does this!

I've finally generated a BP node that makes it easy for you to properly and definitively show/hide the mouse cursor at any time of your choosing, during runtime within a HTML5 game!

Name:	SetCursorVisible_IsHTML5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	1097516

~~~

Non-HTML5 Games

Note: I've made a separate C++ File for my HTML5 nodes, please note this code will not clutter your game if you are not making an HTML5 game.

The HTML5 includes and code are not even compiled if your game is not packaged for HTML5!

~~

HTML5 Games

The SetCursorVisible node will show up in-Editor but will not do anything unless your game is packaged for HTML5.

See my picture for the event you can write using my BP Library to show/hide the cursor for HTML5 OR regular UE4 games!

~~~

Is HTML5

I've written a C++ boolean check that you can easily make into a switch macro to perform unique BP Logic based on whether your game is currently running on an HTML5 build or is an editor/console build!

This allows you to use different Particle Effects / Lighting Settings / Quality Settings, or any other custom BP logic you want, based on whether the game is an HTML5 build or not!

Yay!

Happy Holidays!

Enjoy!

Rama

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb)
                                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions
                                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ngine_Versions

~~~

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:V...inPackaged.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file ♥ Rama

https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

~~~

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:
                                http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Comment

Working...
                                X