Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Hi there!

I don't think the functionality for Admob exists yet, and these expeirmental nodes have this comment in the code base

Code:
    "(iOS only; this function will be renamed or moved in a future release)"
    I'd recommend taking this picture you posted and posting in the Feedback thread about your concerns regarding AdMob

Rama
    But how did they get the add's to work with Tappy Chicken then on Android?

EDIT:
    If you look at the release post here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Tappy-Chicken
    You will see that
    Tappy Chicken also demonstrates how to use leaderboards, achievements, and banner advertisements on iOS and Android. We shipped with support for iAd Network on iOS and AdMob on Android, although there is a new IAdvertisingProvider API in 4.2 that can be used to add new advertising services without modifying the engine.
    I just can't see it?

EDIT 2:
    Another link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-the-Community

4.2 will contain an extension point for advertising services (check out Engine\Source\Runtime\Advertising\Advertising\Public\Advertising.h in GitHub if you're on unstable/main), so you can add additional providers without changing game code.

It seems likely that the only out-of-box providers we'll have ready for 4.2 are iAds on iOS and AdMob on Android.

Cheers,
    Michael Noland
    Still I don't understand / know how to get AdMob working...
    Last edited by KillerSneak; 06-20-2014, 08:12 AM.
    Do Not Argue Toxic Game
    Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
    Fishy Blub Blub
    get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
      Hey can I propose something , I think it will be nice to have a node for Arrays Get Random and Get Random from Stream both with a bool input for Don't get the same element twice (for looping scenarios)
      Not getting the same element twice is a bit tough cause in a blueprint node I can't store any data.

You'd have to supply an array of ints of all the indices that have been randomly obtained so far.

Good? or skip that part?
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
        But how did they get the add's to work with Tappy Chicken then on Android?

EDIT:
        If you look at the release post here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Tappy-Chicken
        You will see that

I just can't see it?

EDIT 2:
        Another link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-the-Community

Still I don't understand / know how to get AdMob working...

In the code base I see

Code:
        void UKismetSystemLibrary::EXPERIMENTAL_ShowAdBanner(bool bShowOnBottomOfScreen)
        {
        	if (IAdvertisingProvider* Provider = FAdvertising::Get().GetDefaultProvider())
        	{
        		Provider->ShowAdBanner(bShowOnBottomOfScreen);
        	}
        }
        for the Kismet nodes you are using

Sounds like it should be finding Admob automatically and it is not

I suggest putting this on Answerhub, stating what your issue is with Admob

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

44+ Extra BP Nodes For You!

No c++ required!

No compile required!

Download and plug in!

Rama

Comment

Rama.

We also need an InString node.
            Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
            Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
            Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Comment

@Rama: your Thick 3D Line - is there any difference between this and Draw Debug Line? Apart from vectors/actor being targets? Flushing debug lines affects your 3d line, for example.
              When you were exposing it to blueprints, did you, by any chance, stumble upon draw circle/disc/other shapes? Consider it a request if you take any! =]

And, most importantly, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasped View Post
                Rama.

We also need an InString node.
                What do you mean exactly? Do you mean find a substring within another string?

Originally posted by Everynone View Post
                @Rama: your Thick 3D Line - is there any difference between this and Draw Debug Line? Apart from vectors/actor being targets? Flushing debug lines affects your 3d line, for example.
                When you were exposing it to blueprints, did you, by any chance, stumble upon draw circle/disc/other shapes? Consider it a request if you take any! =]

And, most importantly, thank you.
                You're welcome!

Yes I am using DrawDebugLine, the only difference is that I made it faster/more convenient to draw a line between two actors

Have fun today!

Rama

Comment

I don't know if I have the latest version (I think so), but for some reason, I sometimes my mesh will not display a vertex to snap to. I highlight a mesh, select a vertex, press "V", then hover over a vertex in another mesh, but the vertex doesn't highlight. I'm curious as to why some meshes will do this. Most don't have problems, I've been able to snap meshes together just fine. This particular mesh, at least this part of the mesh doesn't let me snap to it. Have you noticed this issue? I've tried hiding all meshes but these two, just in case something was 'blocking' the vertex, but it still doesn't show a blue square over it.

Comment

The resolution node does not work in a packed game, it returns 0 x 0 and the bool is false . It works in editor btw.... I am on 4.2.1
                    TA on :
                    Assassins Creed Origins
                    Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
                    The Division 2

Comment

The resolution node does not work in a packed game, it returns 0 x 0 and the bool is false . It works in editor btw.... I am on 4.2.1
                      oh wow that's a big issue that I will need a solution for too!

Here's the code:

It looks like

if(RHIGetAvailableResolutions(Resolutions, false))

is returning false!

That's Epic's function, I don't know what to do about that

I will work on this and see what I can find out from Epic

Code:
                      //Clear any Previous
                      	Widths.Empty();
                      	Heights.Empty();
                      	RefreshRates.Empty();

TArray<FString> Unique;	

FScreenResolutionArray Resolutions;
                      	if(RHIGetAvailableResolutions(Resolutions, false))
                      	{
                      		for (const FScreenResolutionRHI& EachResolution : Resolutions)
                      		{
                      			FString Str = "";
                      			Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Width);
                      			Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.Height);

//Include Refresh Rates?
                      			if(IncludeRefreshRates)
                      			{
                      				Str += FString::FromInt(EachResolution.RefreshRate);
                      			}		

if(Unique.Contains(Str))
                      			{
                      				//Skip! This is duplicate!
                      				continue;
                      			}
                      			else
                      			{
                      				//Add to Unique List!
                      				Unique.AddUnique(Str);
                      			}

//Add to Actual Data Output!
                      			Widths.Add(			EachResolution.Width);
                      			Heights.Add(			EachResolution.Height);
                      			RefreshRates.Add(	EachResolution.RefreshRate);
                      		}

return true;
                      	}
                      	return false;

Comment

Originally posted by Gibdion View Post
                        I don't know if I have the latest version (I think so), but for some reason, I sometimes my mesh will not display a vertex to snap to. I highlight a mesh, select a vertex, press "V", then hover over a vertex in another mesh, but the vertex doesn't highlight. I'm curious as to why some meshes will do this. Most don't have problems, I've been able to snap meshes together just fine. This particular mesh, at least this part of the mesh doesn't let me snap to it. Have you noticed this issue? I've tried hiding all meshes but these two, just in case something was 'blocking' the vertex, but it still doesn't show a blue square over it.
                        Hi there!

Does your mesh have several 1000s verticies? If it is a very complex mesh, my plugin version wont activate due to cpu costs. I think the limit was around 12000 or so.

If not, try pressing the B key to "display all" vertices, you can cycle among the three options

1. no verticies displyed
                        2. display only the hovered vertex
                        3. display all

Let me know!

Rama

Comment

I just compiled and packaged my game with some test code, and the resolutions function is actually working!

Are you using my latest plugin version?

If you are not absolutely sure that you are, please download my latest version.

In an older version of my plugin I was using a window-only version.

In fact

you could even check the source code for what you have, since I included it!

Please navigate to to Plugins/VictoryBPLibarary/Private/.cpp and open it and find the Resolutions function and post what code you have here, or see if it matches what I posted above.

Let me know!

~~~

Build.CS

Make sure your Build.CS has this in it or that could easily be the source of the issue you are having

Code:
                          PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { 
                          	"Core", 
                          	"CoreUObject", 
                          	"Engine", 
                          	"InputCore",

"RHI", 
                          	"RenderCore"
                          });
                          When you package your game all the code gets recompiled, even for my plugin, and if RHI and RenderCore are not included in your Build.CS that node wont work.

I would have thought you'd get a compile error though, but do check and let me know

Rama
                          Last edited by Rama; 06-30-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                            Does your mesh have several 1000s verticies?
                            Not by a long shot. In fact, it has 92. It's really peculiar to explain too. So I don't know if it's an expected bug, or I'm doing something incorrectly.

Certain meshes will not function with snap-to correctly. For example, this mesh (A) will allow me to select it's verticies, but will not allow to snap it to other meshes (B). The other meshes (and that is all of them) will not display their vertex while (A) still has an active vertex selected. This works vice versa though. I can select any other mesh (B), select a vertex and snap it to a vertex from mesh (A).

A is not able to snap to B
                            B is able to snap to A

In this example B is every other mesh that isn't A. So it makes me think the problem lies in the mesh that refuses to snap. Once I get all my meshes aligned, I hate to have that once mesh that won't snap, because then it messes up my alignment of all my other meshes. I have had this strange issue happen to about 3 of my imported FBX files. And to clarify, this only happens with some. The other meshes I have work just fine with the vertex snapping.

If this doesn't make sense let me know, and I'll try to grab some screens of the issue in action.
                            Last edited by Gibdion; 06-30-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibdion View Post
                              And to clarify, this only happens with some. The other meshes I have work just fine with the vertex snapping.
                              That's very odd! I"ve never encountered a static mesh that I could not obtain the vertices of!

If the mesh has small vertex count and it is simply just not working then I am not sure what the issue is, as I've never encountered that situation.

Is there anything usual about the meshes that can't find their vertices?

Very strange!

Rama

Comment

This is really cool, Thank you so much for this for people to use! It helps me out a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X