Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Rama Save System Plugin (save entire worlds to hard disk using C++ binary serialization!)
    [/B]
    Your system is ready to save (and restore it) fragmented meshes in game time?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
      Awesome new node! Could be very useful!
      Hee hee!

      Originally posted by mandango View Post
      Your system is ready to save (and restore it) fragmented meshes in game time?
      I could develop that tech yes, but it is relatively complex, involving talking to the PhysX engine and also communicating everything to the Destructible Mesh component.

      Anyone who wants me to develop that tech can PM me!



      Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

      Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

      Comment


        Nice job Rama that's an interesting new node
        I had tried disabling collision for individual chunks a long time ago without success, I will be definitely looking at the source!

        --slightly off topic--
        Speaking of destructibles, since 4.7 I'm having a crash when I try to apply force to all the chunks per tick.. but if apply force to an individual chunk only it doesn't crash.
        Do you have any ideas why this might be happening by any chance?
        I'm trying to do something like your rock vortex using forces.

        4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

        Comment


          First I just have to say THANK you so much for all the work you've done with these nodes. They are amazing!

          I have a question re the LoadLevelInstance functionality. Is there an equivalent UNLoadLevelInstance node? I'd really like to be able to wipe out old levels as my players move from one to another.

          Thanks!
          Jake

          Comment


            Originally posted by Rama View Post
            Dear Community,

            My newest node was sufficiently cutting-edge that I decided to make a video of it!

            This node allows you to destroy individual pieces of a destructible mesh after it has been fractured!
            Awesome! Thanks for this great node!


            Originally posted by mandango View Post
            Your system is ready to save (and restore it) fragmented meshes in game time?
            I agree that would be a very useful feature. Actually, I have no clue how to solve this in my game, it does not seem to be possible with BP.

            Rama, have you considered selling your save plugin on the marketplace? It would surely sell really, really well. If it's not too expensive and if it could save the state of destructibles I would instantly buy it
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

            Comment


              Rama, have you considered selling your save plugin on the marketplace? It would surely sell really, really well. If it's not too expensive and if it could save the state of destructibles I would instantly buy it
              another vote here
              "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
              RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

              Comment


                Originally posted by sivan View Post
                another vote here
                Same here.

                Comment


                  Hello Rama,
                  thanks for your plugin. It's awesome.

                  But it doesn't work for us after we updated to 4.10. We did everything following the instructions here https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2..._Editor_Plugin


                  But now we get this error right after loading the project:

                  "Assertion failed: Class [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\UObjectGlobals.h] [Line: 1128]
                  NewObject called

                  UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
                  UE4Editor!NewObject<UUnrealEdEngine>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\uobjectglobals.h:1130]
                  UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2076]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:63]
                  UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
                  UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                  UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                  UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
                  kernel32
                  ntdll

                  Comment


                    Hi Rama -

                    Just submitting a bug report - someone please double check this.

                    I'm using 'Has Substring' to check for a colon ( in a filename and it crashes the engine! No crashes with the Find Substring command (but no easy bool)

                    Whoops - didn't want an emoticon there!

                    Hope you're well, and thanks again for all the good stuff!

                    Dan

                    Comment


                      Hey rama
                      from time to time, here and there, topics about sorting arrays comes out, your plugin has something to do with that? if not, can you please add sort for float, int and byte(i guess).
                      thanks.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                        Rama, have you considered selling your save plugin on the marketplace? It would surely sell really, really well. If it's not too expensive and if it could save the state of destructibles I would instantly buy it
                        He is already giving it away for free, so I doubt it would sell that well, as people could just use the past free versions. It would also take A LONG time for the marketplace team to thoroughly test this plugin. Plus it might make him look greedy if he tried to make money from it (not to me, to everyone else, sad world )
                        Last edited by Jamendxman3; 11-20-2015, 12:58 AM.
                        Marketplace Assets

                        Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                        Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                        Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                          and byte(i guess).
                          Lol, inspired by my thread?
                          Marketplace Assets

                          Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                            Lol, inspired by my thread?
                            i dont even know what is those byte is and what you was actually sorting Click image for larger version

Name:	big32.gif
Views:	2
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1093602, but if thats possible, why not.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
                              First I just have to say THANK you so much for all the work you've done with these nodes. They are amazing!

                              I have a question re the LoadLevelInstance functionality. Is there an equivalent UNLoadLevelInstance node? I'd really like to be able to wipe out old levels as my players move from one to another.

                              Thanks!
                              Jake
                              My LoadLevelInstance node returns a ULevelStreaming* which you can drag off from and set the boolean bShouldBeLoaded to false

                              Then the engine will unload the level in the next tick

                              Again you can do this with just current BP as this variable is exposed in ULevelStreaming.h:

                              Code:
                              /** Whether the level should be loaded																						*/
                              	UPROPERTY(Category=LevelStreaming, BlueprintReadWrite)
                              	uint32 bShouldBeLoaded:1;
                              ~~~

                              Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                              Hey rama
                              from time to time, here and there, topics about sorting arrays comes out, your plugin has something to do with that? if not, can you please add sort for float, int and byte(i guess).
                              thanks.
                              Yes I offer sorting of float and int arrays as part of my plugin

                              Internal Thread Link to Sorting of Array Nodes
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post399240

                              Enjoy!

                              Rama

                              ~~~

                              Originally posted by MartinJasso View Post
                              Hello Rama,
                              thanks for your plugin. It's awesome.

                              But it doesn't work for us after we updated to 4.10. We did everything following the instructions here https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2..._Editor_Plugin


                              But now we get this error right after loading the project:

                              "Assertion failed: Class [File:d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\UObjectGlobals.h] [Line: 1128]
                              NewObject called

                              UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
                              UE4Editor!NewObject<UUnrealEdEngine>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\uobjectglobals.h:1130]
                              UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2076]
                              UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:63]
                              UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
                              UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                              UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                              UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
                              kernel32
                              ntdll
                              Hi there!

                              I am using my Vertex Snap Editor in 4.10 project with no issues

                              1. make sure plugin is at project level not engine level

                              2. open up your DefaultEngine.ini and add these lines

                              [/Script/Engine.Engine]
                              UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

                              3. Make sure you are using this:

                              UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

                              Note the bold

                              Good luck!

                              Oh and Welcome to the Forums!

                              Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 11-20-2015, 09:50 AM.
                              100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                              UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                              Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                                He is already giving it away for free, so I doubt it would sell that well, as people could just use the past free versions.
                                Well actually the Save System plugin at my website is indeed a paid plugin, here's the intro video!

                                I have free wiki C++ material here.

                                My website:
                                www.ue4code.com

                                PS: I did appreciate your sentiment tho Jamendxman3!

                                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                                Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X