Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drb1992 View Post
    Is it just me, or does this plugin not work with 4.2? I downloaded the latest plugin, and when I start my project, it says the project modules need to be recompiled. If I click yes, it says the game code couldn't be compiled. Then another message pops up saying the Victory Plugin will not be used due to it being incompatible with 4.2/it needing to be recompiled. I only get this message when I have the victory plugin enabled.
    That is correct I have not updated the plugin yet, I will post when I do

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Wow well the compiling of both Vertex Snapping and the Victory BP Node Library

turned out to be very easy!

My plugin is officially updated to 4.2 !

https://d26ilriwvtzlb.cloudfront.net...toryPlugin.zip

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Featured Node

Trace for Closest Socket

Perform a trace against a mesh that will identify the closest socket to the trace hit location on the mesh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	picofclosestsocket.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1050478

Name:	traceforcharactermeshsocket.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	1050479

Comment

I'm confused on how to get this working. I see the menu in the top left corner, but fail to see any vertices when selecting a mesh. It doesn't seem like any of the keys respond. Also, when reading through this post, the Wiki says to add

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
          UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

But the this forum posts shows

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
          UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine

Which is it? The latter crashes my editor upon start.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibdion View Post
            I'm confused on how to get this working. I see the menu in the top left corner, but fail to see any vertices when selecting a mesh. It doesn't seem like any of the keys respond. Also, when reading through this post, the Wiki says to add

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

But the this forum posts shows

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine

Which is it? The latter crashes my editor upon start.
            this is the correct one now:

"[/Script/Engine.Engine]
            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine"

it changed recently

I will update main post

regarding getting it to work

as soon as you select a static mesh actor, try hovering the mouse over various parts of the static mesh actor

do you see little squares lighting up at the vertex points?

you can cycle to a different display mode (see the ingame menu in upper left) to show more vertices

Rama

Comment

Get Difference Between Any Two Times

This node calculates the difference in Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours between any two times that you record using my node above!

Again you can save as many nodes as you want for use with this node, I record the times as strings!

Name:	datetimediff.jpg
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	1051010

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Apparently, the large mesh I already had in the project before adding the plug-in didn't seem to display them or function with it. When importing other meshes to play around with, I did see the verticies. So I'm not sure why it did that. Perhaps your plug-in doesn't like large meshes?
                Last edited by Gibdion; 06-14-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks so much for this, many of these nodes are perfect for things I want to do.
                  Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by Gibdion View Post
                    Apparently, the large mesh I already had in the project before adding the plug-in didn't seem to display them or function with it. When importing other meshes to play around with, I did see the verticies. So I'm not sure why it did that. Perhaps your plug-in doesn't like large meshes?
                    If the mesh has more than 8000 vertices or some large number like that, then yes I do not display vertices as it is a drag on the cpu power at that point.

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                    Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks so much for this, many of these nodes are perfect for things I want to do.

Hee hee you're welcome!

Rama

Comment

Another request for you. At this moment even version 4.2 of the engine only supports the iAds stuff (iOS) but not AdMob (Android) can you alter the 3 nodes to have a selection/drop down to choose what add provider needs to show? This would be a great addition as imho it's taking the Epic staff way to long to add one of the most important functions for indie developers.

Looking forward to your response.
                      Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                      Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                      Fishy Blub Blub
                      get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                        Another request for you. At this moment even version 4.2 of the engine only supports the iAds stuff (iOS) but not AdMob (Android) can you alter the 3 nodes to have a selection/drop down to choose what add provider needs to show? This would be a great addition as imho it's taking the Epic staff way to long to add one of the most important functions for indie developers.

Looking forward to your response.

can you post a picture of which nodes you are talking about and how to access them?

I have to find them in the C++ code base to know how to work with them

Rama

Comment

4 New Nodes

Max of Float Array

Max of Int Array

Min of Float Array

Min of Int Array

Returns the max/min value as well as the index in the array of that value!

See pic!

Name:	minmaxOfArrayFloatInt.jpg
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	1052010

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                            can you post a picture of which nodes you are talking about and how to access them?

I have to find them in the C++ code base to know how to work with them

Rama

These are the 3 nodes I'm talking about. They are iOS only it might be nice to get AdMob to work as well / like choose a provider dropdown or something. IMHO it's strange only iOS adds are working now...
                            Attached Files
                            Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                            Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                            Fishy Blub Blub
                            get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post

These are the 3 nodes I'm talking about. They are iOS only it might be nice to get AdMob to work as well / like choose a provider dropdown or something. IMHO it's strange only iOS adds are working now...
                              Hi there!

I don't think the functionality for Admob exists yet, and these expeirmental nodes have this comment in the code base

Code:
                              "(iOS only; this function will be renamed or moved in a future release)"
                              I'd recommend taking this picture you posted and posting in the Feedback thread about your concerns regarding AdMob

Rama

Comment

Hey can I propose something , I think it will be nice to have a node for Arrays Get Random and Get Random from Stream both with a bool input for Don't get the same element twice (for looping scenarios)
                                TA on :
                                Assassins Creed Origins
                                Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
                                The Division 2

Comment

Working...
                                X