Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    The issue of including the custom nodes in a release build has been solved!

I will be updating the plugin shortly.

A Community member, Lion, helped me by realizing that the issue was that my plugin includes UnrealEd as a dependency for the sake of the vertex snapping feature.

I will be separating out my plugin soon

Rama
    Glad to help

Comment

Blueprint Nodes Now Work in Shipping Builds

Special thanks to Lion for sending me an updated version of my plugin code that works with shipping builds!

The vertex editor mode is still there, but the BP Nodes portion is a separate module now and will compile when my nodes are included in a packaged game.

thanks Lion!

~~~

New Version of Get Screen Resolutions No Duplicates

Option to not Show Refresh Rates

I have improved my Get Resolutions node to allow you to exclude refresh rates!

Also there are no duplicates, for version with refresh rates or without them

Here's a pic of the setup for the no-refresh-rate setup!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ResolutionsNoRefreshRates.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	1050796

~~~

Same Download Link

You can use the same download link that is in the original post!

Rama
      Last edited by Rama; 05-22-2014, 08:15 PM.
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

44+ Extra BP Nodes For You!

No c++ required!

No compile required!

Download and plug in!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Thanks Rama. The viewport and mouse nodes have come in handy.
          Mere Mortal Games

Comment

Seeing you're working with the C++ source it would be great if you could add/show the function from Tappy Chicken.

The very first Function in the blueprint named "Get Platform Name" doesn't seem to be a function at all. The example game compiles / runs with a warning msg about this

Warning Unable to find function with name 'GetPlatformName' for Get Platform Name
            Warning Could not find the function 'GetPlatformName' called from Get Platform Name
            Warning [9278.47] Compile of BP_MainGame successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 147 ms]
            As posted in this topic.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-example-error

The function seems quite useful as it differentiates between iOS and Android to call certain functions or not but is missing from the Tappy Chicken Example on the Marketplace.

As usual keep up the great work Rama
            Do Not Argue Toxic Game
            Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
            Fishy Blub Blub
            get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
              The function seems quite useful as it differentiates between iOS and Android to call certain functions or not but is missing from the Tappy Chicken Example on the Marketplace.

As usual keep up the great work Rama
              Dear KillerSneak,

I just finished writing and have now uploaded a new version of my plugin which includes a node to verify what OS is being used!

~~~

Get OS Platform

Name:	OSGet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1050872

Platforms you can check for:

Windows
              Mac
              Linux

PS4
              XBoxOne

iOS
              Android

HTML5

WIN RT
              WIN RT ARM

Enjoy!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 05-27-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the release. Since Ill have the day off tomorrow I can have a look at your plugin library incl the above "Get OS Platform". Again thanks for the update this will be very useful.
                Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                Fishy Blub Blub
                get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by pootsz View Post
                  Thanks Rama. The viewport and mouse nodes have come in handy.
                  Yay Glad to know that!

Awesome, thanks for the release. Since Ill have the day off tomorrow I can have a look at your plugin library incl the above "Get OS Platform". Again thanks for the update this will be very useful.
                  Let me know how it goes!

I dont have any other platforms to test with at the moment

Rama

Comment

Hi rama thanks for the "Get OS Platform" node. It works like a charm and will be very useful for platform specific optimizations and functionality.
                    Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                    Fishy Blub Blub
                    get it on Google Play

Comment

Hi rama thanks for the "Get OS Platform" node. It works like a charm and will be very useful for platform specific optimizations and functionality.
                      You're welcome!

Glad it is working for you!

Yay!

Rama

Comment

Get Current Operating System Time

annnnd

Get Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours Passed Since Previous Recorded Time!

These two nodes can be used to

1. obtain the current local Operating System Time for your computer.

2. obtain the amount of milliseconds/seconds/minutes/hours that have passed since the time you recorded for the first node! You can stores as many times as you want! They are simply stored as a string!

You can use these two nodes to record down to the sub-millisecond the amount of time passing between game events!

The milliseconds portion is a float, so you can record far smaller than 1 millisecond!

In the attached picture I record the amount of real-world time between two key presses

Name:	DateTime1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	1051009

Enjoy!

Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 06-02-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Get Difference Between Any Two Times

This node calculates the difference in Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours between any two times that you record using my node above!

Again you can save as many nodes as you want for use with this node, I record the times as strings!

Name:	datetimediff.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	1051010

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Holy ****! I asked about this just a couple of hours ago and you already finished it?! You are insane...

Thank you!
                            FREE Color LUT Collection
                            FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                            GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                            Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                            Camera Crossfade
                            Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                              Holy ****! I asked about this just a couple of hours ago and you already finished it?! You are insane...

Thank you!

Heeheee!

I did it while uploading my Rama Says Hi From His Mech video!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...s-Mech!-Video-!

Rama

Comment

Is it just me, or does this plugin not work with 4.2? I downloaded the latest plugin, and when I start my project, it says the project modules need to be recompiled. If I click yes, it says the game code couldn't be compiled. Then another message pops up saying the Victory Plugin will not be used due to it being incompatible with 4.2/it needing to be recompiled. I only get this message when I have the victory plugin enabled.
                                Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X