Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: So John pointed out how to do it, so nevermind my request.

Cheers,
    Dakraid

Rama, do you think it would be useful to have an event which is frame independent?
    The current Event Tick fires every single frame, something which isn't that consistent when getting low fps. I know you can use Delta Seconds to accommodate this a bit, but as far as I understood it you are limited how far. Another thing would be that it doesn't change how often the event gets fired, so I think a proper solution would be nice and since I think it might be useful for everyone using BP it might be a good request.
    I don't know if Event can use parameters, otherwise I would say a parameter which determines how often per second the event should be fired would be nice.

PS: If it's already possible to have a frame independent solution within BP which is basically an event which fires 50 times per second for example, then you can ignore this request ^^
    Last edited by Netrve; 07-12-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

If you want an event to fire 50 times a second you would create a custom event and set a timer for this custom event in begin play and set the timer to 0.02 seconds and tick "looping". Then your custom event will fire 50 times a second, frame independent.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        If you want an event to fire 50 times a second you would create a custom event and set a timer for this custom event in begin play and set the timer to 0.02 seconds and tick "looping". Then your custom event will fire 50 times a second, frame independent.
        Thank you!
        I misunderstood what timers were for, so I didn't think about using them. Now after you mentioned it I checked the docs, tried it out and it works perfectly.
        Again, thank you.

Cheers,
        Dakraid

Comment

i dont mean to be any rude but guys i head into problem in ue4 but no one answering it so i try to post this at several threads this is a real dead end for me pls help me fix this blueprint

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...740#post330740

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
            True but this won't work for writing lines to Input.ini, which is necessary for adjusting key mappings.
            I made a whole sample project on adjusting key mappings that uses my Victory Plugin

Just upgraded to 4.8
            Rama's UMG Rebindable Key System
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eys-at-Runtime!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 07-13-2015, 03:36 PM.
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Improved Get Vertex Locations of Static Mesh

Now works in Packaged Games

Click image for larger version

Name:	vertex.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1081679

Name:	vertex2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1081681

My C++ Code For You

See my PhysX wiki for the basic build.cs setup:
              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/PhysX,...o_Your_Project

Here is the code I wrote to get all of the transformed vertex positions using the Body Instance and PhysX code!

I am doing many safety checks to ensure the Body Instance data is valid before utilizing it, and the result is that now you can get accurate vertex locations in packaged games!

Code:
              //~~~ PhysX ~~~
              #include "PhysXIncludes.h"
              #include "PhysicsPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
              //~~~~~~~~~~~

//Get Transformed Vertex positions of any static mesh! -Rama
              bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetStaticMeshVertexLocations(UStaticMeshComponent* Comp, TArray<FVector>& VertexPositions)
              {

if(!Comp || !Comp->IsValidLowLevel()) 
              	{
              		return false;
              	}
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Component Transform
              	FTransform RV_Transform = Comp->GetComponentTransform(); 

//Body Setup valid?
              	UBodySetup* BodySetup = Comp->GetBodySetup();

if(!BodySetup || !BodySetup->IsValidLowLevel())
              	{
              		return false;
              	}  

//Get the Px Mesh!
              	PxTriangleMesh* TriMesh = BodySetup->TriMesh;

if(!TriMesh) 
              	{
              		return false;
              	}
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Number of vertices
              	PxU32 VertexCount 			= TriMesh->getNbVertices();

//Vertex array
              	const PxVec3* Vertices 	= TriMesh->getVertices();

//For each vertex, transform the position to match the component Transform 
              	for(PxU32 v = 0; v < VertexCount; v++)
              	{ 
              		VertexPositions.Add(RV_Transform.TransformPosition(P2UVector(Vertices[v])));
              	}

return true;
              }

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Enjoy!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                I made a whole sample project on adjusting key mappings that uses my Victory Plugin

Just upgraded to 4.8
                Rama's UMG Rebindable Key System
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eys-at-Runtime!

Rama
                True, but your system doesn't allow the rebinding of InputAxis events, nor does it allow binding multiple keys to the same action... But this can be done easily by modifying Input.ini, and so I was hoping that in the absence of Victory Key Binding's ability to do it I might just use BP commands to write/remove the appropriate stuff from the Input.ini file and be done with it, rather than trying to learn enough C++ to tweak your plugin to enable remapping WASD keys :P

I know that supporting those is on your to-do list, but I also know you're a busy guy with more important things to do than fix Epic's lack of key rebinding so I was hoping to work around it rather than wait for you to get to it
                Last edited by RhythmScript; 07-13-2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Sound Nodes For You

Two sound BP nodes for you!

Name:	SoundSetClassVolume.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1081922

Name:	SoundGetSoundVolume.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1081923

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.93 mb)

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Key Rebinding

Name:	RebindAllNodes.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	1081938

Dear Community,

I've now added support for rebinding both action and axis mappings during runtime!

1. You can rebind Axis mapping keys!
                    2. You can rebind Axis mapping scales (usually -1 or 1, but you can use any number you want)
                    3. You can convert an input key event to an axis mapping (for use with "enter new key" type menus)

See my sample project for how to use these nodes!

~~~

Runtime Key Rebinding Menu

Again the whole point of these nodes is so that you can allow your players / users to change game axis/action mappings during runtime, to go with a key-rebinding menu!

~~~

Sample Project

I've composed a sample project that demonstrates the use of these nodes!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post334917

Name:	ReBindAxisMapping.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	1081939

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.94 mb)

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Enjoy!

Rama
                    Last edited by Rama; 07-17-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Rama,

This is in reference to the previous posts. Another alternative to spawn locations for fire particles: A voronoi fracture on a mesh creates destructible mesh. It slices the mesh into mini chunks. The number of slices or chunks can be increased or decreased based on requirements. If there is a way to access the individual locations (center) and unique ID of each of these chunks, they can become propagation points for fire. The ID is to do array/list manipulations. At present there are no blueprint nodes for this. Do you think this is doable? I am trying to improve my thesis system. The vertex based propagation is very limiting. If the voronoi method for calculation propagation points works, it may be a better and more dynamic method.

Also, is it possible to get vertex information for skeletal meshes? I have many objects that needs morph targets (therefore need to imported as skeletal meshes). This is to show effects of fire damage on those meshes.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchPhyre View Post
                        Also, is it possible to get vertex information for skeletal meshes? I have many objects that needs morph targets (therefore need to imported as skeletal meshes). This is to show effects of fire damage on those meshes.

Thanks!
                        Yes I'll be working on this soon, and then on to destructible mesh piece locations, but will do Animated vertex locations of skeletal meshes first,

Keep in mind no one pays me to do any of this, so it may take some time

Rama

PS: Newest node release:

Rebinding Axis Key Mappings During Runtime!
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post334933

Comment

Thanks Rama! Looking forward to the updates.

Comment

Did you know that you're my hero, Rama?

I see from the picture that we can also map two or more keys to the same action, so that's just like bonus points for me.

Epic should be paying you for this, man.

Now I have an options menu to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

I need to see the compile errors / output log errors that you're getting in order to help further, I am including PhysX libraries in the plugin.

Rama
                              Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                              I am at my laptop right now, but the compiler complains that it can't find the Physx include libraries. I will send the log when I get back to my devmachine.
                              Here is the logs from when I compile my game in VS:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flex.h': No such file or directory G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\PhysXIncludes.h 68 1 StairsGameC

Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flex.h': No such file or directory G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\PhysXIncludes.h 68 1 StairsGameC

Warning 3 warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead. G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h 5 1 StairsGameC

Error 4 error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.exp C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR StairsGameC

Error 5 error MSB3073: The command "G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat StairsGameCEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\StairsGameC.uproject"" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 StairsGameC
                              Last edited by Number47; 07-19-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Here is the logs from when I compile my game in VS:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flex.h': No such file or directory G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\PhysXIncludes.h 68 1 StairsGameC

Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flex.h': No such file or directory G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\PhysXIncludes.h 68 1 StairsGameC

Warning 3 warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead. G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h 5 1 StairsGameC

Error 4 error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.exp C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR StairsGameC

Error 5 error MSB3073: The command "G:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat StairsGameCEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\AndersN\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameC 4.7 - Copy 4.8\StairsGameC.uproject"" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 StairsGameC
                                Hi, has anyone tried to use the Victory plugin with the nVidia branches,
                                I'm sorry but if you are using nVidia Branches of the Unreal Engine you need to talk to them about why Flex.h can't be found.

The public PhysX includes are working for people on every OS for the main branch.

Ask them and feel free to let me know what they say!

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X