Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rama for president 2016! Haha but seriously rama you're amazing. I'm enjoying some of your recent additions like linear color array <3

Originally posted by funkstatic View Post
    My second questions deals with using the random functions that are in the plugin. No matter what configuration I attempt, whenever I make a packaged build each time I run, my random outputs the same sequence of numbers.
    It's my understanding that the regular random functions in BPs have these issues in packaged builds as well, I was hoping the plugin ones would work, but in either case my output is the same random every time.
    Am I using this correctly?
    Yeah, I have not used them in a long while but that looks correct. Unfortunately the official rand functions and my functions both package same sequence. You can change this by creating a new seed, generator and distribution after a certain number of random numbers or some other way of changing the system to create a new sequence. by something like modifying the seed by some algorithm and redistributing or your own solution ^_^. remember new distributions are fairly cheap but new engine/generators are fairly costly so only do that if absolutely necessary. If this doesn't work let me know i'll be happy to help you.
    Last edited by SaxonRah; 06-26-2015, 10:38 PM.
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
      Yeah, I have not used them in a long while but that looks correct. Unfortunately the official rand functions and my functions both package same sequence. You can change this by creating a new seed, generator and distribution after a certain number of random numbers or some other way of changing the system to create a new sequence. by something like modifying the seed by some algorithm and redistributing or your own solution ^_^. remember new distributions are fairly cheap but new engine/generators are fairly costly so only do that if absolutely necessary. If this doesn't work let me know i'll be happy to help you.
      Hmm, so you're saying I should swap all my functions over to random from seed... then find other methods to generate new seed numbers as needed?
      It's a shame that in editor the regular random functions work fine, but as soon as you make a packaged build, all random becomes 100% predicitable.

Example: I have a simple name generator that takes one piece from a first name array and another from a last name array. Running from editor it's always random output, but a packaged build, 100% of the time it gives me exactly the same output of generated names.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekoppar View Post
        Oh I've got an awesome idea for what you might be able to use that node + another one of your nodes for.
        Referring to this Victory BP node:
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post318749

Originally posted by Tekoppar View Post
        Wow That is truly impressive! Great work Tekoppar and thanks for sharing! (click on the link to see great video!)

~~~

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
        Rama for president 2016! Haha but seriously rama you're amazing. I'm enjoying some of your recent additions like linear color array <3
        So nice to hear from you SaxonRah, and thanks for those randomization nodes!

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 06-28-2015, 03:35 PM.
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Get Console Variable Value, Int / Float Supported!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GetConsoleVariableIntFloat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	1080819

Dear Community,

Here are two new nodes that let you get the value of any config variables that you might also want to adjust from the console / via "Run Console Command"

If you look in DefaultEngine.ini, any of the int/float variables there can be retrieved by these nodes!

Many thanks to TK-Master for contributing these nodes!

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.93 mb)
          https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Enjoy!

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 06-28-2015, 04:01 PM.
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Thanks a lot TK-Master for the console output node and thanks Rama for including it

Originally posted by Rama View Post

Dear Community,

I've created a new node that allows you to save a Linear Color array to disk as a PNG image!
            Could you also make this node being able to save the image not only to a PNG but also to a Texture2D which can be used in the game?
            Last edited by John Alcatraz; 06-29-2015, 12:24 AM.
            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
              Thanks a lot TK-Master for the console output node and thanks Rama for including it

Could you also make this node being able to save the image not only to a PNG but also to a Texture2D which can be used in the game?
              I'll mess around with that today, ill see what i can come up with.

Hmm, so you're saying I should swap all my functions over to random from seed... then find other methods to generate new seed numbers as needed?
              It's a shame that in editor the regular random functions work fine, but as soon as you make a packaged build, all random becomes 100% predicitable.

Example: I have a simple name generator that takes one piece from a first name array and another from a last name array. Running from editor it's always random output, but a packaged build, 100% of the time it gives me exactly the same output of generated names.
              What you should do actually is write a function that returns the date and time then use that to seed your random number generator this way you should get random numbers no matter what because the seed is always changing.
              Youtube

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Voronoi4.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1080905 Woo, I know there's a C++ plugin for Voronoi that uses Fortune's Algorithm, but Calcs Closest Point to Source Point + SavePixels(if I want an image) made it soo easy to build a component for Voronoi diagrams!

Comment

Hi Rama,

Does the latest version now work on 4.7 or 4.8?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ywang View Post
                    Hi Rama,

Does the latest version now work on 4.7 or 4.8?

Thank you
                    Work with 4.8 without problems.
                    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Stuff.
                      You can use this to get current utc time.

//Capture the current time stamp and format it to YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.mmm.
                      FDateTime CurrentDateAndTime = FDateTime::UtcNow();
                      this is a Formatted Time Stamp in an FString (also other examples for CrrentDateAndTime)

//Capture the time stamp.
                      FString FormattedTimeStamp = FString::Printf(TEXT("%04i-%02i-%02i %02i:%02i:%02i.%03i"), CurrentDateAndTime.GetYear(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetMonth(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetDay(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetHour(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetMinute(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetSecond(), CurrentDateAndTime.GetMillisecond());
                      This stuff should be of use to help get random values from the generators that are not 'baked in'
                      Youtube

Comment

Hello Rama,

I am interested in better understanding how the "Visibility Get Rendered Actors" node works. I am attempting to use it to get all the actors seen by my camera, but it only outputs emitter actors, whereas I am most interested in static mesh actors. Am I misunderstanding the intended usage of this node? If this question should be asked in a different place, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, Rama!

First of all, you're my star! You doing really priceless job!

Can I ask you only one thing? Could tell me please, why I am getting this error? Are you compiling from different source?

Thank you in advance!
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's quite strange for me, especially because Unreal Engine code contains similar code.

For example, KismetArrayLibrary.h:

*(bool*)RESULT_PARAM = (FoundIndex >= 0);

Comment

Thank you so much for this Plugin!
                              Last edited by KWS; 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Rama,
                                your blueprint library is fantastic.
                                But i have a build error when packaging project for shipping for win64.
                                Code:
                                 LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'D:\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Plugins\Editor\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-VictoryBPLibrary-Win64-Shipping.lib'
                                can you help me please?
                                Thanks in advance
                                KDX

Comment

Working...
                                X