Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Welcome ot the forums Ozzie!

    "Hey quick question, I'm installing the plugin step by step but it just doesn't work in the editor"

    Can you explain more? What's not working? BP nodes not showing up or the vertex snap editor not working?

    Please make sure you are using 4.8 and download from my Media Fire link due to issues with wiki download system for some people / browser cache stuff

    You can ensure you have the latest version by using this download link!

    Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file.

    Victory Plugin on Media Fire
    (6/11/15 build from Wiki, 7.91 mb)

    https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

    Have fun today!

    Rama
    Hey,

    I'm using the file from your link, also working on 4.8.0 version.
    BP nodes are working fine, but vertex snap editor just doesn't show up, I'm selecting static meshes but no Victory Editor HotKeys button shows up, no vertices are being highlighted.
    I tried toggling it on and off, etc. nothing helps. I also deleted engine cache just to be sure.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
      Hey,

      I'm using the file from your link, also working on 4.8.0 version.
      BP nodes are working fine, but vertex snap editor just doesn't show up, I'm selecting static meshes but no Victory Editor HotKeys button shows up, no vertices are being highlighted.
      I tried toggling it on and off, etc. nothing helps. I also deleted engine cache just to be sure.
      Hi there!

      To enable my Vertex Snap Editor you need to make a change to your DefaultEngine.ini!

      Installation Instructions
      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation

      Enjoy!

      Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

      Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

      Comment


        Array ~ Valid Index & Get Actor Time Alive & Get Actor Creation Time

        TimeAlive and CreationTime

        Click image for larger version

Name:	GetTimeAlive_GetCreationTime.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	1079820

        The above nodes let you know when a particular Actor was created (World Seconds) and for how many seconds an actor has been alive!

        ~~~

        Valid Index (Array)

        Click image for larger version

Name:	ValidIndex.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	1079821

        This node let's you always know in advance if a particular index is valid for your chosen array!

        This node simplifies the process of protecting against "array out of bounds" errors with arrays!

        Many thanks to Kris for contributing these nodes!



        Rama
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

        Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

        Comment


          Thank you Rama and Kris for the new nodes.
          This entire BP suite makes working more convenient with every update!
          Thank you again Rama for working on this!

          Comment


            @Rama - I'm getting these errors when I try and compile the 4.8 plugin:

            As far as I can tell the methods *do* exist. I've tried cleaning, rebuilding etc. This is with the launcher engine rather than a Github one.

            Code:
            1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OceanProject, Configuration: DebugGame_Editor x64 ------
            2>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
            2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
            1>  Cleaning OceanProjectEditor Binaries...
            1>  Parsing headers for OceanProjectEditor
            1>  Reflection code generated for OceanProjectEditor
            1>  Performing 47 actions (4 in parallel)
            1>  PCH.VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEnginePCH.h.cpp
            1>  PCH.OceanPlugin.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
            1>  PCH.OceanProject.OceanProject.h.cpp
            1>  PCH.VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryBPLibraryPrivatePCH.h.cpp
            1>  DummyPackagedBuildClass.cpp
            1>  OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
            1>  CustomVehicleController.cpp
            1>  TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp(31): warning C4996: 'FRunnableThread::Create': Function deprecated. Use FRunnableThread::Create without bAutoDeleteSelf and bAutoDeleteRunnable params and delete thread and runnable manually. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
            1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\ThreadingBase.h(263) : see declaration of 'FRunnableThread::Create'
            1>  ProceduralTerrain.cpp
            1>  BuoyantDestructible.cpp
            1>  FlockFish.cpp
            1>  FishState.cpp
            1>  FishManager.cpp
            1>  MarchingCubes.cpp
            1>  VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp
            1>  VictoryPC.cpp
            1>  TKMathFunctionLibrary.cpp
            1>  VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
            1>  VictoryEdEngine.cpp
            1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h(5): warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead.
            1>  VictoryEdEngine.generated.cpp
            1>  VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(484): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
            1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(503) : see declaration of 'UWorld'
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(853): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
            1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(503) : see declaration of 'UWorld'
            1>  VictoryEdEngineModule.cpp
            1>  JoyISM.cpp
            1>  VictoryTMapComp.cpp
            1>  VictoryISM.cpp
            1>  VictoryBPLibraryModule.cpp
            1>  BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
            1>  BuoyancyComponent.cpp
            1>  TerrainMeshComponent.cpp
            1>  Noise.cpp
            1>  OceanManager.cpp
            1>  CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp
            1>  OceanPlugin.cpp
            1>  SimplexNoise.cpp
            1>  OceanProject.cpp
            1>  [36/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
            1>  [37/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
            1>  [38/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
            1>  [39/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
            1>  [40/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
            1>  [41/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
            1>  [42/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
            1>  [43/47] Resource OceanProject.rc
            1>  [44/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.dll
            1>  [45/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.dll
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(788): error C2039: 'GetMainAudioDevice' : is not a member of 'UEngine'
            1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(535) : see declaration of 'UEngine'
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1127): error C2664: 'T *NewObject<UPrimitiveComponent>(UObject *,UClass *)' : cannot convert argument 2 from 'FName' to 'UClass *'
            1>          with
            1>          [
            1>              T=UPrimitiveComponent
            1>          ]
            1>          No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
            1>     Creating library C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.lib and object C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.exp
            1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3841): error C2039: 'GetMainAudioDevice' : is not a member of 'UEngine'
            1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(535) : see declaration of 'UEngine'
            1>     Creating library C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\Plugins\Dynamic\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.lib and object C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\Plugins\Dynamic\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.exp
            1>  -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
            1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary-Win64-DebugGame.dll
            1>  Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 343.98 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 3.47 linking, 0.00 other
            1>  UBT execution time: 324.45 seconds
            1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" OceanProjectEditor Win64 DebugGame "C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\OceanProject.uproject" -rocket" exited with code 2.
            ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 skipped ==========
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

            Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

            Comment


              Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
              @Rama - I'm getting these errors when I try and compile the 4.8 plugin:

              As far as I can tell the methods *do* exist. I've tried cleaning, rebuilding etc. This is with the launcher engine rather than a Github one.

              Code:
              1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OceanProject, Configuration: DebugGame_Editor x64 ------
              2>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
              2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
              1>  Cleaning OceanProjectEditor Binaries...
              1>  Parsing headers for OceanProjectEditor
              1>  Reflection code generated for OceanProjectEditor
              1>  Performing 47 actions (4 in parallel)
              1>  PCH.VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEnginePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.OceanPlugin.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.OceanProject.OceanProject.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryBPLibraryPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  DummyPackagedBuildClass.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
              1>  CustomVehicleController.cpp
              1>  TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp(31): warning C4996: 'FRunnableThread::Create': Function deprecated. Use FRunnableThread::Create without bAutoDeleteSelf and bAutoDeleteRunnable params and delete thread and runnable manually. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\ThreadingBase.h(263) : see declaration of 'FRunnableThread::Create'
              1>  ProceduralTerrain.cpp
              1>  BuoyantDestructible.cpp
              1>  FlockFish.cpp
              1>  FishState.cpp
              1>  FishManager.cpp
              1>  MarchingCubes.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp
              1>  VictoryPC.cpp
              1>  TKMathFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.cpp
              1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h(5): warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead.
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.generated.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(484): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(503) : see declaration of 'UWorld'
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(853): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(503) : see declaration of 'UWorld'
              1>  VictoryEdEngineModule.cpp
              1>  JoyISM.cpp
              1>  VictoryTMapComp.cpp
              1>  VictoryISM.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibraryModule.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyComponent.cpp
              1>  TerrainMeshComponent.cpp
              1>  Noise.cpp
              1>  OceanManager.cpp
              1>  CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.cpp
              1>  SimplexNoise.cpp
              1>  OceanProject.cpp
              1>  [36/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [37/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [38/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [39/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [40/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [41/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [42/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [43/47] Resource OceanProject.rc
              1>  [44/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.dll
              1>  [45/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.dll
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(788): error C2039: 'GetMainAudioDevice' : is not a member of 'UEngine'
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(535) : see declaration of 'UEngine'
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1127): error C2664: 'T *NewObject<UPrimitiveComponent>(UObject *,UClass *)' : cannot convert argument 2 from 'FName' to 'UClass *'
              1>          with
              1>          [
              1>              T=UPrimitiveComponent
              1>          ]
              1>          No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
              1>     Creating library C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.lib and object C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\UE4Editor-OceanProject-Win64-DebugGame.exp
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3841): error C2039: 'GetMainAudioDevice' : is not a member of 'UEngine'
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(535) : see declaration of 'UEngine'
              1>     Creating library C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\Plugins\Dynamic\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.lib and object C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\DebugGame\Plugins\Dynamic\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.exp
              Hi there!

              Well the tip off is right here:

              Code:
              C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(484): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(503) : see declaration of 'UWorld'
              1>C:\Users\r\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject 4.8\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(853): error C2039: 'LineTraceSingleByChannel' : is not a member of 'UWorld'
              LineTraceSingleByChannel is absolutely a function in UWorld in 4.8!

              You must not be compiling with 4.8 somehow?

              There's no way the compiler should miss finding LineTraceSingleByChannel !

              GetMainAudioDevice is also new in 4.8

              I'd recommend doing this:

              1. delete intermmediate folder for the plugin and your main project
              2. delete sln,suo,sdf for main project
              3. right click on .uproject, and select switch engine version to 4.8
              4. recompile both main project and plugin

              I've been compiling just fine in 4.8 and you simply should not be getting told by compiler that functions are missing that are new in 4.8

              ~~~

              You could also try compiling for Development Editor 64 just for more test data.

              ~~~

              Do keep me updated on your progress with this issue!

              ~~~

              Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
              Thank you Rama and Kris for the new nodes.
              This entire BP suite makes working more convenient with every update!
              Thank you again Rama for working on this!
              Woohoo!

              Glad you are enjoying my Victory Plug Dakraid!







              Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 06-15-2015, 02:01 AM.
              100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

              UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

              Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

              Comment


                Load Texture 2D From File!

                JPG, PNG, BMP, ICO, EXR, and ICNS are Supported File Formats !


                With this node you can load a Texture 2D from a file during runtime!

                I output for you the width and height of the loaded image!

                Now you can easily create Texture 2D's from image files in Blueprints, during runtime!


                Special Note!

                Tim Sweeney liked this node!


                Enjoy!

                Rama

                PS: Make sure to include the file extension when you use this node!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	LoadImageFromFile.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1079870

                Click image for larger version

Name:	LoadImageFromFile2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	1079871

                ~~~

                C++ Code For You

                Here is the core C++ function involved, entire source is in the download! I wrote my own Enum for the file formats.

                Code:
                UTexture2D* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile(const FString& FullFilePath,EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat, bool& IsValid,int32& Width, int32& Height)
                {
                	IsValid = false;
                	UTexture2D* LoadedT2D = NULL;
                	
                	IImageWrapperModule& ImageWrapperModule = FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked<IImageWrapperModule>(FName("ImageWrapper"));
                	
                	IImageWrapperPtr ImageWrapper = ImageWrapperModule.CreateImageWrapper(GetJoyImageFormat(ImageFormat));
                 
                	//Load From File
                	TArray<uint8> RawFileData;
                	if (!FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(RawFileData, * FullFilePath)) 
                	{
                		return NULL;
                	}
                	
                	  
                	//Create T2D!
                	if (ImageWrapper.IsValid() && ImageWrapper->SetCompressed(RawFileData.GetData(), RawFileData.Num()))
                	{ 
                		const TArray<uint8>* UncompressedBGRA = NULL;
                		if (ImageWrapper->GetRaw(ERGBFormat::BGRA, 8, UncompressedBGRA))
                		{
                			LoadedT2D = UTexture2D::CreateTransient(ImageWrapper->GetWidth(), ImageWrapper->GetHeight(), PF_B8G8R8A8);
                			
                			//Valid?
                			if (!LoadedT2D) 
                			{
                				return NULL;
                			}
                			
                			//Out!
                			Width = ImageWrapper->GetWidth();
                			Height = ImageWrapper->GetHeight();
                			 
                			//Copy!
                			void* TextureData = LoadedT2D->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                			FMemory::Memcpy(TextureData, UncompressedBGRA->GetData(), UncompressedBGRA->Num());
                			LoadedT2D->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Unlock();
                
                			//Update!
                			LoadedT2D->UpdateResource();
                		}
                	}
                	 
                	// Success!
                	IsValid = true;
                	return LoadedT2D;
                }
                ~~~

                Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.91 mb)
                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

                ~~~

                Victory Plugin on Media Fire

                If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

                Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

                https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

                Enjoy!



                Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 06-15-2015, 02:10 AM.
                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                Comment


                  @Rama - Hah yeah, that's why I posted, it's definitely there and is compiling against the 4.8 source. Really weird.

                  Edit: Switch engine version on the project did it, for some reason making a copy for 4.8 didn't already do that. Thanks!
                  Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

                  Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

                  Comment


                    Wow, I'd been looking for an image importer for what feels like forever. Thanks so much!
                    One question: How should I go about translating heightmap values to coordinates/z values?
                    I'm trying to export my heightmap from UE4, then import it with the image reader to determine the z coordinates when spawning objects, but there's obviously going to be a difference in magnitude.
                    I've managed to get the coordinates somewhat close with hand drawn maps, but anything exported from UE4 and reimported for reference is pretty off.

                    For reference, if I set the landscape's location to 0,0,0, I can get almost kind of accurate Z values by dividing the X/Y Coordinates by 100 and rounding, then adjusting the Z value until it matches up with one coordinate, at which point it generally matches up with the others.
                    Last edited by The_Shane; 06-16-2015, 12:12 AM. Reason: Updating my progress.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                      @Rama - Hah yeah, that's why I posted, it's definitely there and is compiling against the 4.8 source. Really weird.

                      Edit: Switch engine version on the project did it, for some reason making a copy for 4.8 didn't already do that. Thanks!
                      Woohoo! You're welcome!

                      Originally posted by The_Shane View Post
                      For reference, if I set the landscape's location to 0,0,0, I can get almost kind of accurate Z values by dividing the X/Y Coordinates by 100 and rounding, then adjusting the Z value until it matches up with one coordinate, at which point it generally matches up with the others.
                      Yea it sounds like you are going to have arbitrary scaling values that you need to apply until you end up in the proper range, and it sounds like it could vary per image.

                      If you come up with a formula for that I can get you a node to iteratively test faster, or you can create a Blueprint Function Library, the BP asset kind, and do the equation there and then you've created your own node to iteratively test with

                      Good luck!



                      Rama
                      Last edited by Rama; 06-16-2015, 09:53 PM.
                      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                      Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                      Comment


                        Rama's BP Config File (.ini) Suite

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1079966

                        Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

                        Using my new suite of BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

                        You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

                        ~~~

                        Supported Types:

                        Bool
                        Int
                        Float
                        Rotator
                        Vector
                        Color
                        String

                        ~~~

                        Why Use a Config Var?

                        Config vars have several benefits

                        1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

                        So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

                        2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

                        3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

                        4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

                        ~~~

                        Game.ini

                        All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

                        Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

                        Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

                        Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

                        Code:
                        [DebugWindows]
                        ConsoleWidth=160
                        ConsoleHeight=4000
                        ConsoleX=-32000
                        ConsoleY=-32000
                        
                        [/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
                        BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
                        StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
                        FullRebuild=True
                        ForDistribution=False
                        UsePakFile=True
                        UseOBB_InAPK=False
                        CulturesToStage=en
                        
                        [Victory]
                        BoolVar=True
                        VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
                        StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
                        FloatVar=234.000000
                        Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

                        ~~~

                        Usage

                        Here's an example usage!

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1079967

                        ~~~

                        Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.91 mb)
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

                        ~~~

                        Victory Plugin on Media Fire

                        If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

                        Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

                        https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

                        Enjoy!



                        Rama
                        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                        Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                        Comment


                          Silly me. I had forgotten to account for the elevation's negative range values. Works like a charm now!

                          Comment


                            Hey Rama! Is there any way to have a node that can fetch static meshes in obj format so i can apply the textures i already can fetch to them?
                            It can be, fbx, obj, or w/e is comfortable. I think obj will be more simple to do, but again, i don't really have a clue.
                            It will be really awesome to let players use their own modeled weapons, accessories, and in my game's case, build levels with their own meshes as decoration.

                            With anything you'v already made ( textures, sounds, config ini ) I think the mesh fetching will make the game the ultimate moddable game.
                            Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

                            Comment


                              This one did the job for me:
                              right click on .uproject, and select switch engine version to 4.8
                              I think it should be in the main instructions to prevent users from reading a lot of pages just to get into this one.
                              Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

                              Comment


                                Ohh those custom config nodes are sexy Rama, would it be possible to have custom .ini files in the future?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X