Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anaklu View Post
    Hi Rama,

I don't think your newest version made it to the wiki - your last upload was on the 7th, for the HTTP patch I assume. Here's a screenshot:

http://puu.sh/ikm5N/a8c3951679.png

What am I doing wrong? Q_Q
    Same for me. I'll have to stick to 4.7 for now.
    Ben Halpin - Lead Developer - Lazy Games
    Overdosed on Early Access: Overdosed - A Trip To Hell
    Give a 'like' on fb: https://www.facebook.com/Properlazygames Give a 'follow' on twitter: https://twitter.com/ProperLazyGames And why not check out www.lazygames.org

Comment

The latest upload works fine for me.
      Map Generator 1.0
      Map Generator 2.0
      Map Generator 3.0

Comment

The latest update is from 23:55, 10 June 2015 but it doesn't work for me with the current engine version 4.8.
        Error message is "...does not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine."

Comment

Originally posted by Vaquero View Post
          Unfortunately I can't build my project with Rama's June 10th Victory Plugin, but it works with Nsomnia's quick fix. I also did reparent my own GameMode to the regular GameMode class. I wish I could copy the error log, but it dissappears as soon as the error message pops up telling me to try rebuilding from source.

Code:
          The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?
          Did you switch your projects version to 4.8? Is it BP only or do you have your own C++ classes.... any code?

The wiki has the proper June 10th version as of last checking. DO a hard refresh.
          Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-11-2015, 11:12 AM.
          Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
            Did you switch your projects version to 4.8? Is it BP only or do you have your own C++ classes.... any code?

The wiki has the proper June 10th version as of last checking. DO a hard refresh.
            I've cleared my cache, ctrl+F5'd, opened it in a different browser, in a canadian proxy and on my phone. The file simply is not there for me, even when I'm logged in. How is that even possible when it shows up for you guys? :s

Can someone that can see it upload it elsewhere for us? We'd greatly appreciate it :-) although it seems to not be working for GDShadow.

EDIT: Found something in the file revisions. Trying it now, here's the direct download link: https://d26ilriwvtzlb.cloudfront.net...toryPlugin.zip
            EDIT2: Editor is stuck loading at 94% and is currently taking up 5GB of RAM. This will be interesting.
            EDIT3: After about 10 minutes of loading, it worked! Hopefully we figure out why some people aren't seeing the latest version.
            Last edited by Anaklu; 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I've cleared my cache, ctrl+F5'd, opened it in a different browser, in a canadian proxy and on my phone. The file simply is not there for me, even when I'm logged in. How is that even possible when it shows up for you guys? :s

Can someone that can see it upload it elsewhere for us? We'd greatly appreciate it :-) although it seems to not be working for GDShadow.

EDIT: Found something in the file revisions. Trying it now, here's the direct download link: https://d26ilriwvtzlb.cloudfront.net...toryPlugin.zip
              EDIT2: Editor is stuck loading at 94% and is currently taking up 5GB of RAM. This will be interesting.
              EDIT3: After about 10 minutes of loading, it worked! Hopefully we figure out why some people aren't seeing the latest version.

Ok hes right the version on the wiki is the old version, or doesnt run in 4.8. I had to do the same fixes.

Heres the output from the june10th downloaded plugin

Code:
              1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Continuity, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
              1>  Cleaning ContinuityEditor Binaries...
              1>  Parsing headers for ContinuityEditor
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/CustomVehicleController.h(28) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Classes/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(974) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Classes/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(1201) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(36) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(53) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(69) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryPC.h(27) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  Reflection code generated for ContinuityEditor
              1>  Performing 47 actions (3 in parallel)
              1>  PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.VictoryEdEnginePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.VictoryBPLibraryPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.Continuity.h.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryGameMode.h(38): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::FindPlayerStart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryGameMode.h(55): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::ChoosePlayerStart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryGameMode.h(71): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::PlayerCanRestart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>  VictoryPC.cpp
              1>  TKMathFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.cpp
              1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h(5): warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(788): warning C4996: 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice': GetAudioDevice is deprecated UEngine::GetMainAudioDevice instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(2056) : see declaration of 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1109): warning C4996: 'StaticConstructObject': StaticConstructObject is deprecated, please use NewObject instead. For internal CoreUObject module usage, please use StaticConstructObject_Internal. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          c:\program files\epic games\4.8\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\UObjectGlobals.h(212) : see declaration of 'StaticConstructObject'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1126): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\Class.h(2717) : see declaration of 'ConstructObject'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(2451): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(1145) : see declaration of 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(2527): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(1145) : see declaration of 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3778): warning C4996: 'StaticConstructObject': StaticConstructObject is deprecated, please use NewObject instead. For internal CoreUObject module usage, please use StaticConstructObject_Internal. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          c:\program files\epic games\4.8\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\UObjectGlobals.h(212) : see declaration of 'StaticConstructObject'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3831): warning C4996: 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice': GetAudioDevice is deprecated UEngine::GetMainAudioDevice instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Engine.h(2056) : see declaration of 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice'
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.generated.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp
              1>  JoyISM.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(490): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(859): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  VictoryEdEngineModule.cpp
              1>  VictoryGameMode.cpp
              1>f:\continuity latest 48\plugins\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryGameMode.h(38): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::FindPlayerStart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>f:\continuity latest 48\plugins\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryGameMode.h(55): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::ChoosePlayerStart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>f:\continuity latest 48\plugins\victoryplugin\source\victorybplibrary\public\VictoryGameMode.h(71): error C3668: 'AVictoryGameMode::PlayerCanRestart' : method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
              1>  VictoryTMapComp.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibraryModule.cpp
              1>  VictoryISM.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
              1>  CustomVehicleController.cpp
              1>  ProceduralTerrain.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(95): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\Class.h(2717) : see declaration of 'ConstructObject'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(143): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp(31): warning C4996: 'FRunnableThread::Create': Function deprecated. Use FRunnableThread::Create without bAutoDeleteSelf and bAutoDeleteRunnable params and delete thread and runnable manually. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\ThreadingBase.h(256) : see declaration of 'FRunnableThread::Create'
              1>  BuoyantDestructible.cpp
              1>  FlockFish.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Fish\FlockFish.cpp(110): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  FishManager.cpp
              1>  FishState.cpp
              1>  MarchingCubes.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyComponent.cpp
              1>  TerrainMeshComponent.cpp
              1>  Noise.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainMeshComponent.cpp(342): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  OceanManager.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.cpp
              1>  SimplexNoise.cpp
              1>  [35/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [36/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [37/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [38/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [39/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [40/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [41/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [42/47] Resource Continuity.rc
              1>  [43/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.dll
              1>  [44/47] Link UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.exp
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.exp
              1>  Continuity.cpp
              1>  [46/47] Link UE4Editor-Continuity.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Continuity.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Continuity.exp
              1>  -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
              1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll
              1>  Total build time: 92.54 seconds
              1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" ContinuityEditor Win64 Development "F:\Continuity Latest 48\Continuity.uproject" -rocket" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
              ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
              When I set the gamemode's header lines 38,55 & 71 to not be overridden no errors again. I think rama uploaded the wrong one accidently/the wiki screwed up/I'm having the same issue as others.

To fix generate project files, find VictorGameMode.h and in lines 38,55 and 71 just remove the "override" at the end of the statements. Dont remove the semicolon! Then right click on yourprojectname with the purple/white gears beside it in the soution explorer and "rebuild. "

Code:
              1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Continuity, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
              1>  Cleaning ContinuityEditor Binaries...
              1>  Parsing headers for ContinuityEditor
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/CustomVehicleController.h(28) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Classes/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(974) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Classes/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(1201) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(36) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(53) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryGameMode.h(69) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  F:/Continuity Latest 48/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryPC.h(27) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
              1>  Reflection code generated for ContinuityEditor
              1>  Performing 47 actions (3 in parallel)
              1>  PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.VictoryEdEnginePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.VictoryBPLibraryPrivatePCH.h.cpp
              1>  PCH.Continuity.h.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp
              1>  VictoryPC.cpp
              1>  TKMathFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.cpp
              1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Slate.h(5): warning C4996: including Slate.h is deprecated. Please include SlateBasics.h and then individual widget headers instead.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(788): warning C4996: 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice': GetAudioDevice is deprecated UEngine::GetMainAudioDevice instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1109): warning C4996: 'StaticConstructObject': StaticConstructObject is deprecated, please use NewObject instead. For internal CoreUObject module usage, please use StaticConstructObject_Internal. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1126): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(2451): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(2527): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3778): warning C4996: 'StaticConstructObject': StaticConstructObject is deprecated, please use NewObject instead. For internal CoreUObject module usage, please use StaticConstructObject_Internal. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(3831): warning C4996: 'UEngine::GetAudioDevice': GetAudioDevice is deprecated UEngine::GetMainAudioDevice instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  VictoryEdEngine.generated.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(490): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryEdEngine\Private\VictoryEdAlignMode.cpp(859): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  JoyISM.cpp
              1>  VictoryEdEngineModule.cpp
              1>  VictoryTMapComp.cpp
              1>  VictoryGameMode.cpp
              1>  VictoryBPLibraryModule.cpp
              1>  VictoryISM.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
              1>  CustomVehicleController.cpp
              1>  TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp
              1>  ProceduralTerrain.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp(31): warning C4996: 'FRunnableThread::Create': Function deprecated. Use FRunnableThread::Create without bAutoDeleteSelf and bAutoDeleteRunnable params and delete thread and runnable manually. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\ThreadingBase.h(256) : see declaration of 'FRunnableThread::Create'
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(95): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(143): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  BuoyantDestructible.cpp
              1>  FlockFish.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Fish\FlockFish.cpp(110): warning C4996: 'UWorld::LineTraceSingle': Use LineTraceSingleByChannel instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  FishManager.cpp
              1>  FishState.cpp
              1>  MarchingCubes.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
              1>  BuoyancyComponent.cpp
              1>  TerrainMeshComponent.cpp
              1>F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainMeshComponent.cpp(342): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
              1>  Noise.cpp
              1>  CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp
              1>  OceanManager.cpp
              1>  OceanPlugin.cpp
              1>  SimplexNoise.cpp
              1>  [35/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [36/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [37/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [38/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [39/47] Resource PCLaunch.rc
              1>  [40/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [41/47] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
              1>  [42/47] Resource Continuity.rc
              1>  [43/47] Link UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.exp
              1>  [44/47] Link UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.exp
              1>  [45/47] Link UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-VictoryEdEngine.exp
              1>  Continuity.cpp
              1>  [47/47] Link UE4Editor-Continuity.dll
              1>     Creating library F:\Continuity Latest 48\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Continuity.lib and object F:\Continuity Latest 48\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Continuity.exp
              1>  -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
              1>  Total build time: 88.35 seconds
              ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
              Now if your working in BP only, you can delete all intermediate folders to get rid of the precompiled header files that just added 1.5+ gigs to your project and it should open just fine.
              Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-11-2015, 01:29 PM.
              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hi Nsomnia, it worked perfectly for me, but I'm a weird case in that I don't actually implement any of Rama's blueprint nodes.

Comment

Hi Nsomnia, it worked perfectly for me, but I'm a weird case in that I don't actually implement any of Rama's blueprint nodes.
                  Yeah I dont use any in my BP's at the moment on that specific project either. Weird situation.

Comment

Thanks rama, was scared I was going to ruin my project if I started developing in 4.8 using my half-baked fix. *bows down* Your speed is explanatory.
                    Great to hear from you Nsomnia and thanks for helping out in the thread!

I've just compiled a new version and we'll see if that works well for everyone!

Rama
                    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

4.8 Again

Dear Community,

It sounds like the version that got uploaded on June 10th was not the version I upgraded to 4.8, because I fixed all the compiler errors that Nsomnia posted here (thanks for helping out Nsomnia!)

~~~

4.8 Upload, June 11th

I've uploaded my plugin again for the 4.8 build!

I am definitely using the release version of 4.8, not a custom engine build.

Let me know how it goes!

~~~

Latest plugin download is here: (about 8 mb)
                      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Enjoy!

Rama
                      Last edited by Rama; 06-11-2015, 04:27 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

HasSubstring, returns whether one string is a substring of another!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HasSubstring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1079712
                        (as of 6/11/15)

Dear Community,

I've made a new BP node for you!

HasSubstring compliments the functionality of FindSubstring.

FinsSubstring requires more inputs and returns an index within the source string.

My node, HasSubstring, requires only 1 input and only returns whether or not the supplied substring is in the source string.

I use the C++ version of HasSubstring all the time so I felt you would all enjoy having it in BP as well!

~~~

Example Usage ~ Search Feature

If you wanted to make a string-based search feature, that iterated over the contents of a list of UMG Texts, you can take the user's supplied search string and use my HasSubstring node to find all the UMG Text widgets that contain the user's supplied search string.

~~~

Latest plugin download is here: (about 8 mb)
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Enjoy!

Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 06-11-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I still get this error even with your new upload.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: [11/12] Link UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: [12/12] Link Project542352352.exe
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\Launch\PCLaunch.rc.res'

Comment

Amazing work

Comment

Originally posted by Tekoppar View Post
                              I still get this error even with your new upload.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: [11/12] Link UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib
                              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: [12/12] Link Project542352352.exe
                              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\Launch\PCLaunch.rc.res'
                              Are you sure your in development or debug game for your solution configuration?

I've had issues with anti-virus/anti-malware in 4.8 with compiling a couple projects and heard similar.

The has substring node will be great! Mix it up with Get display name or get class -> get display name and you have a very powerful search ability/way to build logic based off classes in an inventory/crafting/equip system.
                              Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-11-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

@Tekopper

This error seems related to packaging?

Are you trying to package the game when this occurs?

Is your project BP-only?

~~~

I Did a BP-Only Packaging Just Fine

1. I just made a BP-only game, third person template,
                                2. Copy and pasted my plugin into the project-level plugsin directory,
                                3. and packaged with no issues! (I did have Full Rebuld checked)

~~~

Potential Solution:

When you package, make sure you do a full rebuild each time!

File -> Package Project -> Build Settings -> Full Rebuld

Code:

_
                                Originally posted by tjaunreal View Post
                                Amazing work
                                Great to hear from you tjaunreal!

The has substring node will be great! Mix it up with Get display name or get class -> get display name and you have a very powerful search ability/way to build logic based off classes in an inventory/crafting/equip system.
                                Yay! I'm glad you like my new HasSubstring node Nsomnia!

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 06-12-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X