Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
    Made a minimap with your Save Pixels node:

On the Save Pixels node, can you add an output for a texture2d object?

Also, the way your node pulls data from the array does not line up with my data structure. I basically need to be able to rotate it 90 degrees and then flip it horizontally. Would it be possible to add some orientation manipulation capabilities to the node or another node? Basically need the simple rotate options that MS Paint has: Rotate 90 Counter, Rotate 90 Clockwise, Flip Horizontal, and Flip Vertical.

The same options would be useful for your Load Texture nodes as well.
    Oooh nice! Thanks for sharing!

Yes a "rotate image pixels" node sounds like fun, gonna take me a bit of time to do it, but it's a great idea!

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

100+ Extra BP Nodes For You!

No c++ required!

No compile required!

Download and plug in!

Latest plugin download is here: (about 8 mb)
      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Rama I call on your superpowers for blueprint nodes to ask for a node I think would be very useful (I've been trying to do it myself but I'm just not good enough with c++ yet) Download image from url to either save to file or output Texture2D (or both) It would help me very much in a project.
        And btw thank you for your awesome plugin I've been using it a lot ^^

Comment

Originally posted by raycar5 View Post
          Rama I call on your superpowers for blueprint nodes to ask for a node I think would be very useful (I've been trying to do it myself but I'm just not good enough with c++ yet) Download image from url to either save to file or output Texture2D (or both) It would help me very much in a project.
          And btw thank you for your awesome plugin I've been using it a lot ^^
          wow that's quite the request! I'm gonna process some of my other node requests and get to that one soon as I can

Rama

Comment

Get Float As String With Precision Using Epic's FText Helpers

Click image for larger version

Name:	FloatAsStringWithPrecision.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1079493

Dear Community,

I've updated my Get Float As String With Precision node to

1. Be pure (no exec chain)

2. Utilize Epic's FText C++ code to leverage all of their hard work on float decimal precision.

3. Add bool to make the leading 0 optional, so 0.5 could be shown as 0.5 or .5 depending on your preferences!

Yay!

~~~

My C++ Code For You!

Here's how it works in C++ !

Code:
            void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::StringConversion__GetFloatAsStringWithPrecision(float TheFloat, FString & FloatString, uint8 Precision, bool IncludeLeadingZero)
            { 
            	FNumberFormattingOptions NumberFormat;					//Text.h
            	NumberFormat.MinimumIntegralDigits = (IncludeLeadingZero) ? 1 : 0;
            	NumberFormat.MaximumIntegralDigits = 10000;
            	NumberFormat.MinimumFractionalDigits = Precision;
            	NumberFormat.MaximumFractionalDigits = Precision; 
            	FloatString = FText::AsNumber(TheFloat, &NumberFormat).ToString();
            }
            ~~~

Enjoy!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 06-06-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Hi Rama,

Thanks a lot for your Lib. It's great.
              I have an issue with Capture 2D Save Image. I have an access violation in msvcr120.dll
              I tried to stop capture every frame, add a boolean to prevent multiple save, but no way. Sometimes, it's work but no always.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1079503

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42624[/ATTACH]

Dear Community,

I've updated my Get Float As String With Precision node to

1. Be pure (no exec chain)

2. Utilize Epic's FText C++ code to leverage all of their hard work on float decimal precision.

3. Add bool to make the leading 0 optional, so 0.5 could be shown as 0.5 or .5 depending on your preferences!

Yay!

~~~

My C++ Code For You!

Here's how it works in C++ !

Code:
                void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::StringConversion__GetFloatAsStringWithPrecision(float TheFloat, FString & FloatString, uint8 Precision, bool IncludeLeadingZero)
                { 
                	FNumberFormattingOptions NumberFormat;					//Text.h
                	NumberFormat.MinimumIntegralDigits = (IncludeLeadingZero) ? 1 : 0;
                	NumberFormat.MaximumIntegralDigits = 10000;
                	NumberFormat.MinimumFractionalDigits = Precision;
                	NumberFormat.MaximumFractionalDigits = Precision; 
                	FloatString = FText::AsNumber(TheFloat, &NumberFormat).ToString();
                }
                ~~~

Enjoy!

Rama
                This will save me some effort and BP space, thanks!
                Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by RomuVdr View Post
                  Hi Rama,

Thanks a lot for your Lib. It's great.
                  I have an issue with Capture 2D Save Image. I have an access violation in msvcr120.dll
                  I tried to stop capture every frame, add a boolean to prevent multiple save, but no way. Sometimes, it's work but no always.

You're welcome!

I have pm'ed the Victory Dev that made that node, will see what they say

Rama

Comment

BP Node to Get Your Computer's IP Address!

Dear Community,

I've finally succeeded at implementing a node that many have been trying to implement since the Beta!

This is a BP node that gets the IP address of your computer!

My node relies on http://api.ipify.org, a free and easy way to get your current IP address.

Because this node involves an HTTP request I can't make it a static library node, so I instead made a VictoryPC class that contains only this functionality.

You can easily re-parent your current player controller blueprint to use my plugin VictoryPC class!

File->Reparent

and if you are not using a PC already, make sure to go to World Settings and use my VictoryPC as your player controller!

As long as my Victory BP Library is an active plugin for you, then this VictoryPC class will show up!

Download:

~~~

Celebration!

Yay!

Now we can all get the IP address of the local computer for use with multiplayer games or webserver activities!

Enjoy!

Rama

~~~

Pic

Here's the setup you should create in your Blueprinted version of my VictoryPC!

Name:	IPGetMyIP.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1079613

~~~

C++ Source Code For You

Here is the C++ source code I wrote just earlier today!

Code:
                    bool AVictoryPC::VictoryPC_GetMyIP_SendRequest()
                    {
                    	FHttpModule* Http = &FHttpModule::Get();

if(!Http)
                    	{
                    		return false;
                    	}

if(!Http->IsHttpEnabled()) 
                    	{
                    		return false;
                    	} 
                    	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FString TargetHost = "http://api.ipify.org";
                    	TSharedRef < IHttpRequest > Request = Http->CreateRequest(); 
                    	Request->SetVerb("GET");
                    	Request->SetURL(TargetHost);
                    	Request->SetHeader("User-Agent", "VictoryBPLibrary/1.0");
                    	Request->SetHeader("Content-Type" ,"text/html");

Request->OnProcessRequestComplete().BindUObject(this, &AVictoryPC::HTTPOnResponseReceived);
                    	if (!Request->ProcessRequest())
                    	{
                    		return false;
                    	}

return true;
                    }

void AVictoryPC::HTTPOnResponseReceived(FHttpRequestPtr Request, FHttpResponsePtr Response, bool bWasSuccessful)
                    {
                    	this->VictoryPC_GetMyIP_DataReceived(Response->GetContentAsString());
                    }
                    ~~~

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

4.8 In Progress

Please know that I am upgrading my Victory plugin to 4.8 as fast as I can, I will post again when I have finished!

Rama

Comment

In the meantime I have this working. I took the errors from the victorygamemode and just fixed them (meaning I just made the virual functions not overridable it was throwing an not-overridden error in the gamemode header). THIS IS NOT AN OFFICAL FIX, IT MIGHT CRASH, CORRUPT YOUR GAME OR OTHERWISE ITS SIMPLY A VERSION THAT WORKS IN 4.8 AND IN NO WAY AM I CONNECTED TO RAMA.

https://mega.co.nz/#!DxtExJJC!tcs6I1...nSyTGBRrWlljYo
                        Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-10-2015, 06:56 PM.
                        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

4.8 Released! (6/10/15)

Dear Community,

I've completed the Victory Plugin upgrade to 4.8 !

This is the 6/10/15 build of the plugin that you can download from the Epic Wiki!

~~~

Enjoy!

Rama

@Nsmonia ~ Thanks for sharing!

I simply removed my VictoryGameMode class since Epic's new changes make it unnecessary.

If anyone has an issue because of this, (can't load a BP from removed C++ class), use Nsomnia's version and then you can reparent back to regular GameMode.

Again if this is an issue for anyone just let me know
                          Last edited by Rama; 06-10-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks rama, was scared I was going to ruin my project if I started developing in 4.8 using my half-baked fix. *bows down* Your speed is explanatory.
                            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hi Rama,

I don't think your newest version made it to the wiki - your last upload was on the 7th, for the HTTP patch I assume. Here's a screenshot:

http://puu.sh/ikm5N/a8c3951679.png

What am I doing wrong? Q_Q
                              Last edited by Anaklu; 06-11-2015, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't build my project with Rama's June 10th Victory Plugin, but it works with Nsomnia's quick fix. I also did reparent my own GameMode to the regular GameMode class. I wish I could copy the error log, but it dissappears as soon as the error message pops up telling me to try rebuilding from source.

Code:
                                The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-VictoryBPLibrary.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?

Comment

Working...
                                X