Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick reply and considering you are doing this as a service to us, I very much appreciate. I will wait for 4.8 probably and go from there.

Keep up the good work
    The Hangar Studio - Video Game Studio

An I for an I
    (Imagination equals Innovation)

Comment

Originally posted by maparizeau View Post
      Thanks for the quick reply and considering you are doing this as a service to us, I very much appreciate. I will wait for 4.8 probably and go from there.

Keep up the good work
      Lovely to hear from you maparizeau!

I really do think a whole lot of this sort of thing has been resolved by Epic already in preparation for plugins being sold on marketplace, so if your development $ and time can be used elsewhere I would indeed recommend waiting!

Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Wow Thanks Rama. This is really great. I am trying to export various strings to a file, for example the players x,y,z coordinates every second. I would like to save these to the same file however for each time point for a coordinate to be on a separate line or separate by a character e.g. ";". Do you know of a simple way to implement this with your SaveStringToFile Node?

I am trying to export this data to statistical software for analysis (for a psychology experiment that I hope to do within the Unreal engine).

Thanks, Eric
        ----
        Eric Kruger, DPT, CSCS | @EKrugerDPT | Research Gate Profile
        Doctor of Physical Therapy
        Graduate Student Psychology
        University of New Mexico
        ----

Comment

Thanks

Rama I figured out how to create an array of all the coordinates and then just save that array to a text file at the end of the play. See the Blueprints below as well as the player path graph that I created in R.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xyzanalysis blueprint.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	1078901

Name:	PlayerPath.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1078902
          ----
          Eric Kruger, DPT, CSCS | @EKrugerDPT | Research Gate Profile
          Doctor of Physical Therapy
          Graduate Student Psychology
          University of New Mexico
          ----

Comment

Hi,
            what about plugin support for 4.8?

Comment

Originally posted by kodmistrz View Post
              Hi,
              what about plugin support for 4.8?
              Hi,

Rama has said (multiple times) that preview builds are not supported.
              It's kinda pointless to update the plugin for every preview release (previews are for testing purposes anyway) just wait for the final 4.8 release and I'm sure the plugin will be updated

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
              WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
              WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Woohoo!

Originally posted by grizfb75 View Post
                Rama I figured out how to create an array of all the coordinates and then just save that array to a text file at the end of the play. See the Blueprints below as well as the player path graph that I created in R.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41047[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]41048[/ATTACH]
                Wow this is really neat grizfb75!

Thanks for sharing your research and BP development with us!

Thanks for the pics!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Packaged Build Upload For You

Dear Community,

I've released a 4.7.6 version of my plugin that contains the static lib that is needed for packaged games!

If you've had any issues packaging my plugin please try the May 29th 2015 build, which is 7.8mb

~~~

More Info

For more info, you can see this Answerhub post and my solutiion, as confirmed by the original poster.

Anserhub
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-235265

~~~

Download Link (7.8mb)

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
                  https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama
                  Last edited by Rama; 05-29-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Stupid question, does this plugin auto update through UE4?

Comment

Hello Rama, I'm wondering whether or not the Victory Plugin needs these nodes?:

•Round vector to nearest multiple of wildcard, for example: round the x, y, and z's to nearest multiple of 50.
                      •Round float to wildcard decimal places.
                      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sanborn View Post
                        Stupid question, does this plugin auto update through UE4?
                        Maybe once marketplace plugins are released that can happen!

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                        Hello Rama, I'm wondering whether or not the Victory Plugin needs these nodes?:

•Round vector to nearest multiple of wildcard, for example: round the x, y, and z's to nearest multiple of 50.
                        •Round float to wildcard decimal places.
                        Great to hear from you Jamendxman3!

Round vector as you are saying was added by TK-Master! It's called Grid Snap:

Internal Thread Link to Grid Snap
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post282903

~~~

Being able to round a float to an arbitrary number of decimal places would indeed be useful!

I will work on that node soon as I can

Great suggestion!

Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 06-01-2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations Using PhysX

Name:	vertex.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1079203

~~~

Works in Packaged Games by using PhysX coding!

C++ Source Code For You! ♥ Rama

Code:
                          bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetStaticMeshVertexLocations(UStaticMeshComponent* Comp, TArray<FVector>& VertexPositions)
                          {
                          	VertexPositions.Empty();

if(!Comp || !Comp->IsValidLowLevel()) 
                          	{
                          		return false;
                          	}

//Body Setup valid?
                          	UBodySetup* BodySetup = Comp->GetBodySetup();

if(!BodySetup || !BodySetup->IsValidLowLevel())
                          	{
                          		return false;
                          	}  

//Get the Px Mesh!
                          	PxTriangleMesh* TriMesh = BodySetup->TriMesh;

if(!TriMesh) 
                          	{
                          		return false;
                          	}
                          	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Component Transform
                          	FTransform RV_Transform = Comp->GetComponentTransform(); 

//Number of vertices
                          	PxU32 VertexCount 		= TriMesh->getNbVertices();

//Vertex array
                          	const PxVec3* Vertices 	= TriMesh->getVertices();

//For each vertex, transform the position to match the component Transform 
                          	for(PxU32 v = 0; v < VertexCount; v++)
                          	{ 
                          		VertexPositions.Add(RV_Transform.TransformPosition(P2UVector(Vertices[v])));
                          	}

return true;
                          }
                          ~~~

Download Link (7.8mb)

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
                          https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama
                          Last edited by Rama; 06-01-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                            Maybe once marketplace plugins are released that can happen!

Great to hear from you Jamendxman3!

Round vector as you are saying was added by TK-Master! It's called Grid Snap:

Internal Thread Link to Grid Snap
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post282903

~~~

Being able to round a float to an arbitrary number of decimal places would indeed be useful!

I will work on that node soon as I can

Great suggestion!

Rama
                            Alright, well to save you the trouble, I'll write you a short piece of code for rounding decimal places so you have to think less:

Code:
                            float FloatForRound = 3.14159265
                            int DecimalsToKeep = 5

FloatForRound = (int)(FloatForRound * 10^DecimalsToKeep) / 10^DecimalsToKeep
                            Obviously this doesn't round to nearest at the end, but you get the point in case you didn't automatically know what to do.
                            Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                            Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                            Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Made a minimap with your Save Pixels node:

On the Save Pixels node, can you add an output for a texture2d object?

Also, the way your node pulls data from the array does not line up with my data structure. I basically need to be able to rotate it 90 degrees and then flip it horizontally. Would it be possible to add some orientation manipulation capabilities to the node or another node? Basically need the simple rotate options that MS Paint has: Rotate 90 Counter, Rotate 90 Clockwise, Flip Horizontal, and Flip Vertical.

The same options would be useful for your Load Texture nodes as well.
                              Map Generator 1.0
                              Map Generator 2.0
                              Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                                Alright, well to save you the trouble, I'll write you a short piece of code for rounding decimal places so you have to think less:

Code:
                                float FloatForRound = 3.14159265
                                int DecimalsToKeep = 5

FloatForRound = (int)(FloatForRound * 10^DecimalsToKeep) / 10^DecimalsToKeep
                                Obviously this doesn't round to nearest at the end, but you get the point in case you didn't automatically know what to do.
                                Oh dont worry, I already have the code I need, just have to write the node and update my plugin

Thanks though!

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X