Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Elahe View Post
    and expected that by unchecking the "Allow Over Write" should have all the data saved in my file which is not the case.
    Hi there!

    Welcome to the forums Elahe!



    Allow over-writing in the case of my plugin node determines whether or not I will delete a file if it already exists and update it with new contents.

    It is a safety precaution to avoid overwriting existing files, and so if you want to keep updating a file, you should definitely allow over-writing!

    The only reason to turn this feature off would be to protect a file from being changed at all, not updated, which is what you want, so just leave over-writing enabled and you will be set!

    Have fun today!



    Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

    Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

    Comment


      So the Objects to be spawned with your "Create UObject" Node should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

      How to use your plugin with a version you haven't compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

      Comment


        Thanks Rama, my project compiled on both Linux and Android!

        Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
        Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

        Comment


          Hey Rama,

          I love your plugin - I wish Epic would think strongly about integrating many of your features.

          I do, though, wish that the Get Config Var nodes had an Output Bool variable as to whether the variable was actually found. I plan on modifying your plugin with this for my use but it might be useful for everyone.

          Edit: This was easy to do, just added a new bool& IsValid to the method and then set it to the output of the GConfig Get methods.

          Cheers,
          Josh
          Last edited by JoshyMW; 03-26-2015, 08:54 PM.

          Comment


            Hi Rama, using your fab plugin to create instanced meshes from many SM but I run into a problem on built/cook game, any Instanced Mesh is missing from the game on launch, everything else is fine. This doesnt happen in PIE but does happen when running "Standalone" mode also. I use UE4.7.3, any ideas?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Zeroy View Post
              Hi Rama, using your fab plugin to create instanced meshes from many SM but I run into a problem on built/cook game, any Instanced Mesh is missing from the game on launch, everything else is fine. This doesnt happen in PIE but does happen when running "Standalone" mode also. I use UE4.7.3, any ideas?
              I'm kinda happy to see this, because at least I'm not going crazy, as that's the problem I have too.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                Thanks Rama, my project compiled on both Linux and Android!
                Wooohoooo! Yay! Glad my fixed work! Epic RCL helped!

                Originally posted by JoshyMW View Post
                Hey Rama,

                I love your plugin - I wish Epic would think strongly about integrating many of your features.
                Congratulations on your first post Joshy! Welcome to the forums!


                ~~~

                Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                So the Objects to be spawned with your "Create UObject" Node should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

                How to use your plugin with a version you haven't compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?
                You can add code to your project if it is BP only, adding just a simple empty actor class.

                Once 4.8 comes out this will most likely be unnecessary so you might just want to wait till then.

                My plugin is up to 4.7.3 now though!

                Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download
                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip



                ~~~

                Originally posted by Zeroy View Post
                Hi Rama, using your fab plugin to create instanced meshes from many SM but I run into a problem on built/cook game, any Instanced Mesh is missing from the game on launch, everything else is fine. This doesnt happen in PIE but does happen when running "Standalone" mode also. I use UE4.7.3, any ideas?
                Originally posted by kaitou View Post
                I'm kinda happy to see this, because at least I'm not going crazy, as that's the problem I have too.
                Yes I need to look into this, it is a problem with the instanced static mesh component itself and may require engine modification, I am not sure yet. But yes I am aware of the issue!

                Have fun today!



                Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 03-28-2015, 09:10 AM.
                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                Comment


                  Thank you so much for this Rama, I've tried for so long to get the closest point on a surface relative to the players location, was just a big mess. After a while I found your article with the script and though I could expose that as a function myself, that ended up in a bigger mess. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a truly good and helpful person. I really hope EPIC gets their stuff together and starts implementing more functions for Blueprints as they're lacking.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Rama View Post

                    You can add code to your project if it is BP only, adding just a simple empty actor class.

                    Once 4.8 comes out this will most likely be unnecessary so you might just want to wait till then.

                    My plugin is up to 4.7.3 now though!

                    Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download
                    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

                    Why do you talk about adding code to the project? I asked which parent class BPs should have to being able to get spawned with "Create UObject"

                    I know your plugin is up to 4.7.3 now, but often I need to use the most recent 4.7 branch because of some fixes and then I can't use your plugin. I can't just wait for 4.7.4 or 4.8 to have the fixes since I sometimes need them to being able to continue working on my game. So how can I use your plugin with a version you havent it specifically compiled for? Can I compile it myself for the most recent 4.7 branch?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                      Why do you talk about adding code to the project? I asked which parent class BPs should have to being able to get spawned with "Create UObject"

                      I know your plugin is up to 4.7.3 now, but often I need to use the most recent 4.7 branch because of some fixes and then I can't use your plugin. I can't just wait for 4.7.4 or 4.8 to have the fixes since I sometimes need them to being able to continue working on my game. So how can I use your plugin with a version you havent it specifically compiled for? Can I compile it myself for the most recent 4.7 branch?
                      Well you could try to just compile them, but that depends on the changes made to the branch. If you're lucky, nothing will break, but otherwise you will most likely have to fix some code pieces yourself. That's as far as I understand it.
                      I used always used the latest plugin version with 4.7.3, so I was surprised to see that Rama updated it for 4.7.3, since I just used an earlier version with 4.7.3 and had no issues. But since 4.8 has bigger changes I assume that this method wouldn't work as easily as any 4.7.x version.
                      I hope what I said is correct ^^

                      Greetings,
                      Dakraid

                      Comment


                        I often tried to use the 4.7.3 version with the latest 4.7 branch or before to use the 4.7.2 version of plugin with 4.7.3 from github and it never worked, project will not load up until I remove the plugin from the folder.
                        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

                        Comment


                          Hello Rama! Thanks for the victory plugin. Works great in the editor but when I hit Launch, this error pops up. I wrote the command line to the config, double checked in the plugin window if it's enabled. Everything's fine. I don't understand why this happens.

                          Also, I don't know if you ever encountered, in another map, the merged static meshes' shadows are constantly on and off and when I undo the merging it's ok. I couldn't test it if it's the same when I launch the game because of the main error. So I'll be grateful if you can help me.

                          here's the error:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1071429
                          Last edited by Wanderer_eternal; 03-28-2015, 09:27 PM. Reason: typo
                          voidrunnerthegame.com

                          facebook.com/voidrunnergame

                          Comment


                            1>------ Build started: Project: Random, Configuration: Linux_Shipping_Server Win32 ------
                            1> Linux dedicated server is made to depend on UElibPNG. We want to avoid this, please correct module dependencies.
                            1>EXEC : error : Exception thrown while processing dependent modules of VictoryBPLibrary
                            1> Exception thrown while processing dependent modules of ImageWrapper
                            1>EXEC : error : Unable to instantiate instance of 'UElibPNG' object type from compiled assembly 'RandomServerModuleRules'. Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module's 'Rules' object in order to find out about your module's requirements. The CLR exception details may provide more information: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> UnrealBuildTool.BuildException: ERROR: Linux dedicated server is made to depend on UElibPNG. We want to avoid this, please correct module dependencies.
                            1> at UElibPNG..ctor(TargetInfo Target) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\libPNG\UElibPNG.Build.cs:line 65
                            1> --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                            1> at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
                            1> at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
                            1> at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                            1> at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
                            1> at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
                            1> at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, TargetInfo Target, String& ModuleFileName) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesCompiler.cs:line 1371
                            1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "V:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat RandomServer Linux Shipping "U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Random.uproject"" exited with code -1.
                            ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                            1>EXEC : error : Exception thrown while processing dependent modules of VictoryBPLibrary

                            Have you seen this Rama? I'm trying to build Linux dedicated server. Hmmm....

                            Wow, we keep you too busy on here! Sorry about that. Not quite sure if this is a general problem with the engine or the plugin. I searched for a while and found no information.

                            I commented out
                            "UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\libPNG\UElibPNG.Build.cs"
                            lines 61-66 to avoid
                            "if (Target.Type == TargetRules.TargetType.Server)"
                            Will see if that works...


                            Thanks!
                            Last edited by Parvan; 03-29-2015, 12:13 AM.

                            Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Wanderer_eternal View Post
                              Hello Rama! Thanks for the victory plugin. Works great in the editor but when I hit Launch, this error pops up. I wrote the command line to the config, double checked in the plugin window if it's enabled. Everything's fine. I don't understand why this happens.

                              Also, I don't know if you ever encountered, in another map, the merged static meshes' shadows are constantly on and off and when I undo the merging it's ok. I couldn't test it if it's the same when I launch the game because of the main error. So I'll be grateful if you can help me.

                              here's the error:

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]32455[/ATTACH]
                              Looks like you didn't put the plugin files into your project correctly. If you read back on these forum posts you'll likely find your answer.

                              Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                                1>EXEC : error : Exception thrown while processing dependent modules of VictoryBPLibrary

                                Have you seen this Rama? I'm trying to build Linux dedicated server. Hmmm....

                                Wow, we keep you too busy on here! Sorry about that. Not quite sure if this is a general problem with the engine or the plugin. I searched for a while and found no information.

                                I commented out
                                "UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\libPNG\UElibPNG.Build.cs"
                                lines 61-66 to avoid
                                "if (Target.Type == TargetRules.TargetType.Server)"
                                Will see if that works...


                                Thanks!
                                That's wild that there is so much effort to avoid UELibPNG in dedicated server builds!

                                The ultimate culprit is the inclusion of ImageWrapper in VictoryBPLibrary.build.cs

                                Code:
                                public VictoryBPLibrary(TargetInfo Target)
                                	{
                                        PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
                                			new string[] { 
                                				"Core", 
                                				"CoreUObject", 
                                				"Engine", 
                                				"InputCore",
                                				
                                				"RHI",
                                				"RenderCore",
                                				 
                                				"HTTP",
                                				"UMG", "Slate", "SlateCore",
                                				
                                				"ImageWrapper",
                                				
                                				"PhysX", "APEX" 
                                			}
                                		);

                                You should not need image wrapper on dedictated server, in fact, it seems you should figure out which of my BP nodes you really need on a dedicated server and make a special version of my plugin that reduces dependencies and module inclusions to a minimum. For starters you could remove all of the nodes that use the image wrapper and remove the ImageWrapper from build cs and see how far that gets you!

                                ~~~~

                                #If Compiler Paths

                                You can avoid having to make a separate version of the Victory BP library by simply commenting out stuff at the compiler level that you dont want to include in a dedicated server build.

                                Wrap stuff you want to exclude from dedicated server version with this:

                                Code:
                                #if !IS_DEDICATED_SERVER
                                //bp node code in .h and .cpp to exclude from dedicated server builds
                                #endif //IS_DEDICATED_SERVER

                                This essentially gets you two different builds of the plugin in one set of files!

                                Might be a bit tricky with some of the #includes but let me know how far you get! (sorry really busy and cant quickly test dedicated server builds right now, but if you get something stable going would love for you to share it with us all)

                                Enjoy!

                                Rama
                                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                                Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X