Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaitou View Post
    Correct! I can combine meshes fine in editor, and they work fine, but packaging the project (package for development, win-64bit), and they don't appear. Interestingly enough I tried promoting a JoyISM to a full blueprint, and then tried to spawn it, which had the same result, worked in editor, but not in game.

All the nodes from the plugin work fine however. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Sounds like this is related to the same issue where instanced static mesh components do not copy correctly when you try to duplicate an actor that has an instanced static mesh component, I may have to do some extensive investigation of / modifcation to Epic code and this may take some time, but thanks for letting me know about this issue in friendly-fashion!

Rama

PS: summary, this could take a while, please dont be waiting/dependent on a solution happening within a 2-3 weeks.

I will get to it soon as I can
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
      PS: summary, this could take a while, please don't be waiting/dependent on a solution happening within a 2-3 weeks.
      Yeah, sure. You and no solution within 2-3 weeks?! I bet as soon as you start looking, you already have the solution, because you are you!
      But now to be serious, you've done so much and keep doing so much for the community, I think that we can be patient.
      I'm sure you are going to find a solution ^^

Greetings,
      Dakraid

PS: That particular feature would be more or less something which I would use near the end of my project anyways, since I think it's more of a way to optimize one's project, or am I wrong?

Comment

Sounds like this is related to the same issue where instanced static mesh components do not copy correctly when you try to duplicate an actor that has an instanced static mesh component, I may have to do some extensive investigation of / modifcation to Epic code and this may take some time, but thanks for letting me know about this issue in friendly-fashion!

Rama

PS: summary, this could take a while, please dont be waiting/dependent on a solution happening within a 2-3 weeks.

Heh, understood and appreciated! I'll wait patiently. I'm using some of your nodes in the project already, and those are working perfectly, and I'll gladly wait to use the ISM conversion. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
          Yeah, sure. You and no solution within 2-3 weeks?! I bet as soon as you start looking, you already have the solution, because you are you!
          But now to be serious, you've done so much and keep doing so much for the community, I think that we can be patient.
          I'm sure you are going to find a solution ^^

Greetings,
          Dakraid

PS: That particular feature would be more or less something which I would use near the end of my project anyways, since I think it's more of a way to optimize one's project, or am I wrong?
          Hee hee thanks DakRaid!

Yes its an optimization, not really ideal for development since you have to keep switching back and forth, but fabulously essential for optimizaiton!

Originally posted by kaitou View Post
          Heh, understood and appreciated! I'll wait patiently. I'm using some of your nodes in the project already, and those are working perfectly, and I'll gladly wait to use the ISM conversion. Thanks for the reply!
          I am glad you are enjoying my other nodes Kaitou! Have fun today!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject (Absolute Power in BP!)

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!

Being able to create UObjects is essential if you really want absolute power in Blueprints!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CreateObject.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	1071062

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short time!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

~~~

C++ Code For You

Here's the code!

Code:
            UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreateObject(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
            {
            	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
            	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
            	if(!World) return NULL;
            	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
            }
            Code:
            UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreatePrimitiveComponent(
            	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
            	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
            	FName Name,
            	FVector Location, 
            	FRotator Rotation
            ){
            	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
            	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
            	if(!World) return NULL;
            	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
            	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
            	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
            	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
            	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
            }

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Yet another fantastic set of tools!
              It is honestly hard to keep up with how much you are contributing

Keep up the awesome work

-Jeremy-
              Portfolio
              UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 1 DVD
              UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 2 DVD

Comment

Rama you are Nominated here https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...192#post255192

Comment

I just built the master branch of UE4 and it refused to compile the VictoryPlugin. Something about a deprecated node. Please update soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sgehrman View Post
                    I just built the master branch of UE4 and it refused to compile the VictoryPlugin. Something about a deprecated node. Please update soon.
                    Rama updates, as far as I know, the plugin only for every stable release, so there won't be a update for a preview or the master branch (especially the master branch as it's the most unstable version with the most changes).

Comment

Create UObject (Absolute Power in BP!)

Being able to create UObjects is essential if you really want absolute power in Blueprints!

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short time!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

So the Objects should be parent class object instead of Actor, right?

How to use your plugin with a version you haven't compiled it for? Like the most recent 4.7 branch?
                      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

If I add a "Create Texture Render Target 2D" I'm unable to save the project if the BP actor is in the scene.

Any idea how to get around this?

Can't save D:/GitHub/LeapProjectUE4/Content/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap.umap: Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package.
                        External Object(s):
                        TextureRenderTarget2D_230
                        /Engine/Transient
                        TextureRenderTarget2D_231
                        TextureRenderTarget2D_232
                        TextureRenderTarget2D_233
                        Last edited by sgehrman; 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Rama, pls fix:
                          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-isfinite.html

Theres an answer now.

Comment

Originally posted by sgehrman View Post
                            Please dont use my plugin at the engine level, place it in your project level Plugins folder

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                            Rama updates, as far as I know, the plugin only for every stable release, so there won't be a update for a preview or the master branch (especially the master branch as it's the most unstable version with the most changes).
                            Dakraid is correct, though other community members are welcome to update my plugin to master branch or other versions and post it somewheres, I can't do everything in the Universe by myself you know

It's odd to ask me to update to Master branch since Master branch is always changing! What are the odds that any two people even having the same version of Master Branch unless they both update several times a day?

For those who are not aware, Master Branch is Epic's running branch of UE4 that has all of the most up-to-date additions to the engine, and it is constantly being contributed to by Epic staff! I'ts great fun to watch and know what's coming, but you can't ask me to keep my plugin updated to be binary compatible with a version of the engine that changes many times per day

I welcome anyone to post preview build versions on the wiki and in this thread!

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download
                            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama
                            Last edited by Rama; 03-25-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Victory BP Library 4.7.3

Plugin Up to 4.7.3

Solution to PhysXInclude IsFinite Issue

Dear Eduard, Parvan, and Anyone with Linux/Android issues,

Please try getting my latest version (4.7.3) which I just uploaded!

~~~

Thank You to Epic RCL

Epic Staff member RCL posted extremely helpful solution to the issue!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-isfinite.html

~~~

The Issue

It seems that these math libraries, included for Saxon Rah's random nodes, were causing the issues. See RCL's post above for more information.

Originally in .h file of Victory BP Library
                              Code:
                              #include <chrono>
                              #include <random>
                              ~~~

My Solution

I moved these included math libraries to AFTER the PhysXIncludes, so they dont conflict with PhysX function names.

Code:
                              //~~~ PhysX ~~~
                              #include "PhysXIncludes.h"
                              #include "PhysicsPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
                              //~~~~~~~~~~~

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              //									Saxon Rah Random Nodes
                              // Chrono and Random

//Order Matters, 
                              //		has to be after PhysX includes to avoid isfinite name definition issues
                              #include <chrono>
                              #include <random>
                              Result: We get to keep all of the PhysX code as well as Saxon Rah's awesome Random Number BP nodes.

~~~

Let Me Know

Let me know if this fix was sufficient or if a more advanced solution is required!

Enjoy!

Most Recent Victory BP Plugin Download

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 03-24-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you for this nice library. I have downloaded the 25 of March version.
                                I am trying to use the "Save String Array To File". The problem is that if I uncheck "Allow Over Writing" no data will be written in my file. I am quit sure that the path and file name are correct because once I check the "Allow Over Write" the very last data received will be written in the file. I need to save the data in every step, and expected that by unchecking the "Allow Over Write" should have all the data saved in my file which is not the case. Could you please help me with this?

Comment

Working...
                                X