Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of all Save Game Objects!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SaveObjectListing.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	1070510

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of all Save Game Objects!

Dear Community,

I've released a new node that gives you a hard-drive accurate listing of all save game files that you've created!

I am referring to UE4's Save Object system!

You can now access a full listing in a developer build or in a packaged game, to know all the save files that have been saved!

These save files are stored in GameDir/Saved/SaveGames

Name:	SaveObjectBP.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	1070511

~~~

UE4 Blueprint Save System?

If you did not know, you can use UE4's save system like this:

1. Create a new blueprint based on SaveGame
    2. Add your variables to the blueprint that you want to save the values of
    3. in level BP or some other blueprint, create a save game object, and set the values of that object
    4. Save this object to a Save Game Slot, as shown in my pictures
    5. You can load a save game object from a Slot name at any time!

6. Now with my new Victory BP Library, you can obtain a full listing of all existing save games as stored on your computer's hard disk! This let's you know whether a file exists before you try to load it! You can also find out how many save files exist from within BP!

Enjoy!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 03-17-2015, 12:23 AM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

This node is awesome for managing saved games ! Thanks a lot Rama
      Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Draw Thick Circle With Axis Control

Fun node for you!

With this node you can draw circles!

And you can control their thickness, as well as how many points make up the circle!

You can also have axis control!

So you can draw circles horizontally, vertically, at angles, any way you like, with convenient BP node inputs!

See pics!

Name:	drawthickcircle3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1070583

Name:	DrawThickCircle4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1070584

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 03-17-2015, 07:12 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Hehe, nice node XD
          Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Thanks for the plugin rama! Rock rock

I still can't get Linux to compile.
            Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: \Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Linux\libRandom-VictoryBPLibrary-Static.a

I tried the last five versions of the plugin. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time!

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
              Rama!

There's a bug in your Instanced Static Mesh code!

YOU CAN'T SEND YOUR INSTANCED STATIC MESH COLLECTION INTO ANOTHER LEVEL via level Streaming (I mean say you put in Persistant Level and you meant it to be in "PL_01") if you use "Move Selected Actors to Level" your code Breaks!... Sometimes.

It's super-weird. Sometimes it'll happen and sometimes it won't. Just thought I'd let you know!
              That's not my fault, Epic has not instituted copying of instanced static mesh components and retaining instancing information yet.

If you try drag-copying an instanced static mesh you will see what I mean.

Unless I do a pull request and Epic accepts it there's no way I can fix this issue, it is best if you report this to Epic via Answerhub or feedback thread.

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
              Thanks for the plugin rama! Rock rock

I still can't get Linux to compile.
              Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: \Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Linux\libRandom-VictoryBPLibrary-Static.a

I tried the last five versions of the plugin. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time!
              Please post the whole compile error list and then maybe I can help!

Rama

Comment

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Linux\libRandom-VictoryBPLibrary-Static.a
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 7607.22 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 12.34 linking, 0.00 other
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: UBT execution time: 1125.66 seconds
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1125.963s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=2
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): ErrorReporter.Error: ERROR: AutomationTool error: Command failed (Result:2): V:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe Random Linux Development "U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commi
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): t\Random.uproject" -noxge -NoHotReloadFromIDE. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool.txt'
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: Command failed (Result:2): V:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe Random Linux Development "U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commi
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): t\Random.uproject" -noxge -NoHotReloadFromIDE. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool.txt'
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\ProcessUtils.cs:line 795
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT(CommandEnvironment Env, String UBTExecutable, String CommandLine, String LogName, Dictionary`2 EnvVars) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\UBTUtils.cs:line 35
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT(String ProjectName, String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String Config, String UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, String InAddArgs, Boolean ForceUnity, Dictionary`2 EnvVars) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\UE4Build.cs:line 344
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\UE4Build.cs:line 1327
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildProjectCommand.Automation.cs:line 114
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 251
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at BuildCommand.Execute() in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:line 37
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 380
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 352
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 168
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:line 705
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in v:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 115
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Program.Main: ERROR: Command failed (Result:2): V:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe Random Linux Development "U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Random.uproject" -noxge -NoHotReloadFromIDE. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool.txt'
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=2
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): Domain_ProcessExit
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=2
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): copying UAT log files...
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Linux): BUILD FAILED
                Error 1 error : Exception thrown while processing dependent modules of VictoryBPLibrary U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC Random
                1>------ Build started: Project: Random, Configuration: Linux_Development_Game Win32 ------
                1> Performing 3 actions (8 in parallel)
                1> [1/3] Compile VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp
                1> In file included from U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:12:
                1> In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public\PhysXIncludes.h:19:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\PxPhysicsAPI.h:49:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include/foundation/PxBounds3.h:38:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxTransform.h:37:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxQuat.h:39:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxVec3.h:38:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxMath.h:50:
                1> In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxIntrinsics.h:42:
                1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(92,10): error : use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
                1> return isfinite(a);
                1> ^~~~~~~~
                1> isFinite
                1> ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,23) : note: 'isFinite' declared here
                1> PX_FORCE_INLINE bool isFinite(float a)
                1> ^
                1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(98,10): error : use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
                1> return isfinite(a);
                1> ^~~~~~~~
                1> isFinite
                1> ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,23) : note: 'isFinite' declared here
                1> ^
                1> 2 errors generated.
                1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Linux\libRandom-VictoryBPLibrary-Static.a
                1> Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 29.29 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
                1> UBT execution time: 61.87 seconds
                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "V:\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\UnrealEngine-4.7.2-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat Random Linux Development "U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\Random Commit\Random.uproject"" exited with code -1.
                ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                Thanks for any help. Maybe it's because I'm using 4.7.2? You are on 4.7.1 right?

Comment

Epic Needs to fix the PhysX Errors!

@Parvan

Oh!

These are the PhysX errors!

This is a problem that Epic has to fix!

Code:
                  1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(92,10): error : use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
                  1> return isfinite(a);
                  1> ^~~~~~~~
                  1> isFinite
                  1> ^
                  1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(98,10): error : use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
                  1> return isfinite(a);
                  1> ^~~~~~~~
                  1> isFinite
                  In the short term you can go into the relevant PhysX files and change isfinite to IsFinite yourself ( do so at your own risk, let me know how it goes )

Rama

PS: add your voice here to get this addressed faster by Epic
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-isfinite.html
                  Last edited by Rama; 03-19-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Thank you Rama! Hopefully they get a fixin. Hehe

Comment

First of all thanks Rama, great work!

Is there any chance that you can tell us which file to download to get it working with 4.6.1?
                      How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Dear Rama,

Can you pls do a node to get a String Array of all level names that can be loaded via "Open Level"?

Something like "Get Names of Loaded Levels", but only "Get names of Levels"

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...directory.html
                        Last edited by Eduard Gotwig; 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I was working on a three month old build of Rama's plugin on 4.6.1 not too long ago if I remember right.

Yep, just checked my repository.

https://git.metahusk.com/commit/?r=r...7c13b5893fec43

I think the plugin versions dated around December 2014 will work for sure with v4.6 and likely newer versions too. (But I never tried them) Just trying to be helpful.

Comment

Everything and all the nodes work great, but for some reason any JoyISM objects vanish in a built version of my projects. They are there in editor and look/work fine, shadow building and everything, but as soon as the game is compiled, they just vanish. I've even tried promoting them to blueprints, and trying to spawn them in-game, with no error and no result. It's a 4.7.3 C++ project. Since I am not getting any errors, I don't know where I can look to try and fix it. Could there be something simple that I'm still missing? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                              Thank you Rama! Hopefully they get a fixin. Hehe
                              Yea I hope so too!

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                              First of all thanks Rama, great work!

Is there any chance that you can tell us which file to download to get it working with 4.6.1?
                              You're welcome!

Any build before February 24th, release date of 4.7, should work!

Originally posted by Eduard Gotwig View Post
                              Dear Rama,

Can you pls do a node to get a String Array of all level names that can be loaded via "Open Level"?

Something like "Get Names of Loaded Levels", but only "Get names of Levels"

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...directory.html
                              Ahh this is a great idea for a node!

Originally posted by kaitou View Post
                              Everything and all the nodes work great, but for some reason any JoyISM objects vanish in a built version of my projects. They are there in editor and look/work fine, shadow building and everything, but as soon as the game is compiled, they just vanish. I've even tried promoting them to blueprints, and trying to spawn them in-game, with no error and no result. It's a 4.7.3 C++ project. Since I am not getting any errors, I don't know where I can look to try and fix it. Could there be something simple that I'm still missing? Many thanks in advance.
                              I will have to investigate this, you mean a packaged game right?

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 03-20-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

I will have to investigate this, you mean a packaged game right?

Rama
                                Correct! I can combine meshes fine in editor, and they work fine, but packaging the project (package for development, win-64bit), and they don't appear. Interestingly enough I tried promoting a JoyISM to a full blueprint, and then tried to spawn it, which had the same result, worked in editor, but not in game.

All the nodes from the plugin work fine however. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X