Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama, I cant build under Linux, tried your latest build from yesterday, all i get is:

Code:
    Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1257,12) :  error: implicit conversion of NULL constant to 'bool' [-Werror,-Wnull-conversion]
            IsValid = NULL;
                    ~ ^~~~
                      false
    Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1276,34) :  error: implicit conversion of NULL constant to 'uint32' (aka 'unsigned int') [-Werror,-Wnull-conversion]
            SpawnInfo.bDeferConstruction    = NULL;
                                            ~ ^~~~

Comment

Originally posted by kodmistrz View Post
      Rama, when I try build my project with your plugin for Android I received below error during compilation Rama's Plugin:

Code:
      [1/3] clang++.exe VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp [armv7-es2]
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from E:/Biblioteka/Dokumenty/Unreal Projects/gameDNAstudio/ChasingRobbers/Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:12:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public\PhysXIncludes.h:19:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\PxPhysicsAPI.h:49:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include/foundation/PxBounds3.h:38:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxTransform.h:37:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxQuat.h:39:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxVec3.h:38:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxMath.h:50:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: In file included from ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/PxIntrinsics.h:42:
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: D:\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\PhysX-3.3\include\foundation\unix\PxUnixIntrinsics.h(92,9) :  error: use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                 return isfinite(a);
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                        ^~~~~~~~
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                        isFinite
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: D:\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\PhysX-3.3\include\foundation\unix\PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,22) :  note: 'isFinite' declared here
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:         PX_FORCE_INLINE bool isFinite(float a)
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                              ^
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: D:\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\PhysX-3.3\include\foundation\unix\PxUnixIntrinsics.h(98,9) :  error: use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                 return isfinite(a);
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                        ^~~~~~~~
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                        isFinite
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: D:\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\PhysX-3.3\include\foundation\unix\PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,22) :  note: 'isFinite' declared here
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:         PX_FORCE_INLINE bool isFinite(float a)
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:                              ^
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: 2 errors generated.
      LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
      Could you help me?
      The bug is tracked here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-isfinite.html

Not sure if its a bug in unreal engine itself or Victory Bp Function library.
      Last edited by Eduard Gotwig; 03-04-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTumTum101 View Post
        Anyone else get the rag-doll system to work? Iv'e tried and tried but haven't yet. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

If this isnt too much to ask, could you possibly do a video tutorial of how the ragdoll system works? Including your Physical Asset properties, and the view-port of your character BP? Iv'e been trying for about an hour and a half now. Ive got a good ragdoll in my physical asset for my character, and everything seems like it should work, but I keep getting weird results no matter what I try.
        Off hand, I'd say you might try simply deleting the physics volume it makes for the base node (should be between the feet). Having that there *always* causes ragdolls to act weird, and the automatic generation creates it, so you have to delete it every time you make a new Physics Asset. Also size all the volumes down to fit the mesh more, and overlap with other volumes less.
        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
          Off hand, I'd say you might try simply deleting the physics volume it makes for the base node (should be between the feet). Having that there *always* causes ragdolls to act weird, and the automatic generation creates it, so you have to delete it every time you make a new Physics Asset. Also size all the volumes down to fit the mesh more, and overlap with other volumes less.
          I already did....There isnt a problem with the Physics Asset. The ragdoll works and looks good, but the problem is when I hook u the blueprint nodes as shown in the picture, it doesnt work like the video. The ragdoll does not behave like it does in the physics asset window, and it always spawns at the player start location. I can also never revert back to ana animated character, however my capsule collider always stays active whether the ragdoll is active or not.....

Comment

Originally posted by Korus View Post
            Epic should employ you Rama. Enough said.
            Hee hee!

Rama
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Eduard Gotwig View Post
              Hey Rama, I cant build under Linux, tried your latest build from yesterday
              ~~~

Victory BP Library Compile Fix for Linux

Dear Community and Eduard,

I just uploaded a fix so that Victory BP Library will compile in Linux!

Let me know how it goes!

Any build starting on or after March 5th 2015 will contain this fix!
              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama

PS: if you can't see the March 5th build at above link let me know!

PSS: got to get more work done, will check out the ragdoll issues later when I get a chance
              Last edited by Rama; 03-05-2015, 02:37 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Improved Get Vertex Locations of Static Mesh

Now works in Packaged Games

Click image for larger version

Name:	vertex.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1067795

I have re-written my Get Vertex Positions BP node so that it works in packaged games!

~~~

My C++ Code For You

See my PhysX wiki for the basic build.cs setup:
                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/PhysX,...o_Your_Project

Here is the code I wrote to get all of the transformed vertex positions using the Body Instance and PhysX code!

I am doing many safety checks to ensure the Body Instance data is valid before utilizing it, and the result is that now you can get accurate vertex locations in packaged games!

Code:
                //~~~ PhysX ~~~
                #include "PhysXIncludes.h"
                #include "PhysicsPublic.h"		//For the ptou conversions
                //~~~~~~~~~~~

//Get Transformed Vertex positions of any static mesh! -Rama
                bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetStaticMeshVertexLocations(UStaticMeshComponent* Comp, TArray<FVector>& VertexPositions)
                {

if(!Comp || !Comp->IsValidLowLevel()) 
                	{
                		return false;
                	}
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Component Transform
                	FTransform RV_Transform = Comp->GetComponentTransform(); 

//Body Setup valid?
                	UBodySetup* BodySetup = Comp->GetBodySetup();

if(!BodySetup || !BodySetup->IsValidLowLevel())
                	{
                		return false;
                	}  

//Get the Px Mesh!
                	PxTriangleMesh* TriMesh = BodySetup->TriMesh;

if(!TriMesh) 
                	{
                		return false;
                	}
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Number of vertices
                	PxU32 VertexCount 			= TriMesh->getNbVertices();

//Vertex array
                	const PxVec3* Vertices 	= TriMesh->getVertices();

//For each vertex, transform the position to match the component Transform 
                	for(PxU32 v = 0; v < VertexCount; v++)
                	{ 
                		VertexPositions.Add(RV_Transform.TransformPosition(P2UVector(Vertices[v])));
                	}

return true;
                }

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Rama, you have to rename the latest version on the wiki to "5 march". You named it 3 March, but I see that the fix about linux is present.

Comment

Originally posted by Eduard Gotwig View Post
                    Rama, you have to rename the latest version on the wiki to "5 march". You named it 3 March, but I see that the fix about linux is present.
                    That's actually the wiki being confused at the moment, started happening after recent wiki changes

Everyone, please just always get the topmost download from this page, regardless of the date

Download page

Comment

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1067963

Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

Using my new suite of BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

~~~

Supported Types:

Bool
                      Int
                      Float
                      Rotator
                      Vector
                      Color
                      String

~~~

Why Use a Config Var?

Config vars have several benefits

1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

~~~

Game.ini

All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

Code:
                      [DebugWindows]
                      ConsoleWidth=160
                      ConsoleHeight=4000
                      ConsoleX=-32000
                      ConsoleY=-32000

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
                      BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
                      StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
                      FullRebuild=True
                      ForDistribution=False
                      UsePakFile=True
                      UseOBB_InAPK=False
                      CulturesToStage=en

[Victory]
                      BoolVar=True
                      VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
                      StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
                      FloatVar=234.000000
                      Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

Rama

PS: Here's example usage!

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1067964

Comment

So when is Epic going to start incorporating some of these NEEDED nodes into new releases so they are just 'there' and no special building is needed to use Rama's plugin?
                        Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
                          So when is Epic going to start incorporating some of these NEEDED nodes into new releases so they are just 'there' and no special building is needed to use Rama's plugin?
                          Community Feedback Requested

Which of My Nodes Do You Want To See In-Engine?

I'd like to gather so feedback on which nodes you all think should be added to the engine!

I can submit pull requests to Epic, but I can't request every node, so which nodes are the most important for you to have added to the engine?

This is a question to everyone

Rama

Comment

Rama, do you have a simple list of all of them?

I know I have seen the on the fly key assignment stuff, that should be stock. The saving variables to the configs and reading them back, should be stock. I think you had the getting resolutions one... should be stock. I know there are others, but I simply can not keep track of all of them...
                            Last edited by arbopa; 03-08-2015, 05:01 PM.
                            Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

I can submit pull requests to Epic, but I can't request every node, so which nodes are the most important for you to have added to the engine?

This is a question to everyone

Rama
                              Why not? :> :P

I'd definitely love to see the .ini work put into the engine as a standardized feature; I think a lot of people could benefit from that. People have to remember that not every user of Unreal Engine 4 comes to the forums and so gold dust like all the work you do Rama isn't been used by absolutely everything when it really should be!

Heckle Epic and get all your work in UE4!
                              KITATUS
                              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

I suggest the viewport functions, to me they seem like they should've been in blueprints from the start.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-mouse-po.html

Thanks for all your work Rama.

Comment

Working...
                                X