Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
    Thanks for your hard work on the plugin Rama! I really enjoy it.

For some reason the plugin does not work on my project in a 4.6.1 to 4.7 upgrade.

It says could not be compiled from source. When I remove the plugin it works without issues. I tried the last three versions of the plugin. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm checking Visual Studio right now.

'SetClassVolume' : is not a member of 'FAudioDevice'
    'ULocalPlayer::ControllerId' : cannot access private member declared in class 'ULocalPlayer'
    'IgnoreActors' : is not a member of 'FCollisionQueryParams'
    error C2228: left of '.Empty' must have class/struct/union

Is the new version on the https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip page?

Thanks!
    "'SetClassVolume' : is not a member of 'FAudioDevice'"

That's the old version you have!

In the newest version I fixed all those compiler errors

I just downloaded my latest version here and verified those errors are indeed fixed now, so please get the latest here:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

it says feb 21 for some odd reason, a date change in the wiki? but just get the topmost one, NOT the 24th one!

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by arbopa View Post
      Just downloaded this to play with in 4.7. Seems ok. But when I do a developmental build and run the program it tells me it can not find the victory plugin and then the game crashes.
      Make sure your project has at least 1 source code file! File -> add code to project -> actor / player controller

Until 4.8 or so you still need source code in your project to use my plugin in a packaged game

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Rama check your primate messages when you get a chance. I can't figure out how to make Rendered Actor see my pawn. In the editor I call it Penguin, why cant it see (or not see) Penguin?

Comment

Thanks Rama! I had the wrong date. Silly me. I thought I tried the first one too. I tried the first three but I must have mixed them around. The date mismatch threw me.

I really enjoy your plugin!

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
            Thanks Rama! ...

I really enjoy your plugin!
            Yay! I am glad you are enjoying it!

I've been putting practically a part-time job's worth of effort into my Victory BP Library to give all of you more Power in BP!

Rama

Comment

Hello Rama - thanks again for these nodes - i've just been using the texure loader which is really handy for me.

Is there a default path location set for the node? I'd like to have a folder within my build folder which contains several end-user replacable images which are loaded at runtime. Do I need to somehow find the path to the build folder (which can obviously be different for any install) or if I leave the path blank will it default to the same location as the exe?

Cheers buddy!

If you have any free time i'd love to buy some of your time again for a camera based tweak.

Dan.

Comment

Hi Rama!
                I was wondering if you could add to the wiki a version of the plugin without the Editor module? When updating I always remove the editor part of the plugin because I don't use it so I think would be nice to have a zip with those already splitted on different files as well.
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                  Hello Rama - thanks again for these nodes - i've just been using the texure loader which is really handy for me.

Is there a default path location set for the node? I'd like to have a folder within my build folder which contains several end-user replacable images which are loaded at runtime. Do I need to somehow find the path to the build folder (which can obviously be different for any install) or if I leave the path blank will it default to the same location as the exe?

Cheers buddy!

If you have any free time i'd love to buy some of your time again for a camera based tweak.

Dan.
                  Since this BP node is static there's no easy way for me to set a default loading directory, unless I set it for everyone forever, such a default directory could be the working directory of your project where the .uproject is, or the root level of the Content folder

What do you think?

@Bruno

Its more work for me to maintain two split uploads than it is for you to simply remove the parts you dont feel you need

Keep in mind I do all this without compensation of any kind

Rama

Comment

@Rama, when my game runs my Pawn seems to be instanced as a number. Penguin becomes Penguin1,2,3,etc and it causes the Rendered and Not Rendered to see everything except my Pawn. Any ideas?

Comment

im having issues with the updated plugin, trying to build the plugin in VS like the video but im getting a error message that the rocket code exists when i build it, i copyed the project file and rebuilt it and updated to 4.7.1 but need to know if this was the right method of updating in VS since i got a error of a existing code

Comment

@Sanborn and Tea-Rexx

I dont have a lot of spare time right now, please see what additional intel you can gather on your respective issues and let us know how it goes.

Sanbordn ~ Not sure, both of the nodes you mention are working great for me in 4.7.1, please investigate further.

Tea-Rexx ~ 4.7.1 plugin is working great for me, you just put in game-project level plugins folder and build your regular project .sln file as normal, please dont put it in the UE4 engine dir
                        Last edited by Rama; 03-01-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

Using my new suite of BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1067400

~~~

Supported Types:

Bool
                          Int
                          Float
                          Rotator
                          Vector
                          Color
                          String

~~~

Why Use a Config Var?

Config vars have several benefits

1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

~~~

Game.ini

All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

Code:
                          [DebugWindows]
                          ConsoleWidth=160
                          ConsoleHeight=4000
                          ConsoleX=-32000
                          ConsoleY=-32000

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
                          BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
                          StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
                          FullRebuild=True
                          ForDistribution=False
                          UsePakFile=True
                          UseOBB_InAPK=False
                          CulturesToStage=en

[Victory]
                          BoolVar=True
                          VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
                          StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
                          FloatVar=234.000000
                          Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

Rama

PS: Here's example usage!

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1067401

Comment

Hello, I'd like to use the blueprint code to spawn actors on specific sub-levels. Therefor I would like to use this plugin. But on project startup I get this error with 4.6.1:

Name:	errorcompile.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1067410

Selecting [Yes] raises an error and tells me to rebuild them manually from source.
                            Now I know that you included the sourcefiles as well. But is there a tutorial somewhere on how to build a plugin for your project? Just opening the sourcefiles with Visual Studio does not allow me to compile them. I have no C++ knowledge . I looked for a tutorial but only found C++ code documentation and no tutorial for people without that knowledge.

I used the file from 01:01, 25 February 2015. I guess that the UE4 engine got updated in the last 5 days or so.

Oh I unzipped them in: "..\Unreal Projects\<project name>\Plugins\VictoryPlugin". Also moving the dll files to the top-level next to the VictoryPlugin.uplugin did not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post
                              I used the file from 01:01, 25 February 2015. I guess that the UE4 engine got updated in the last 5 days or so.
                              You are correct! 4.7 and 4.7.1 were released last week, so you will need to use an earlier version for 4.6.1.

I would try downloading the Feb 21st version from this page, it should be for 4.6.1.
                              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Oh.. I'll just upgrade to 4.7.1 then . Thank you.

But I just realized, from now on, I have to keep this plugin up2date all the time and hope that it is supported through future Unreal engine updates. And I ONLY need this one single function.
                                Just about any level that is created dynamically basically needs this functionality (unless it's a tiny level). Is there any chance that this functionality will be build-in into the UE4 engine? Because spawning objects from a sub-level-blueprint still spawns them into the original level . I tried... I found no other way than to resort to C++ or a plugin (and this is the only plugin that I could find, with this functionality).

Comment

Working...
                                X