Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    Thanks. I probably overlooked it, because it is there.

Looking at your wiki...
    I don't see this at all. Only the V snap to vertice feature is working. U and Y does nothing.
    The vertex snap feature and the U and Y keys are something that have to be activated via config file

Did you do that part?

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation

None of this required to use the Blueprint nodes though! They will work as soon as editor is restarted after checking my plugin as active.

~~~

I am giving my Vertex Snap Feature To Epic

I am currently reworking the vertex snap feature to be integrated directly into the engine, no longer a plugin,

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1050403

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1050404

Name:	pic1.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1050405

you can vote for it here!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...s-Pull-Request

~~~

Originally posted by Xodroc View Post
    Y doesn't work if the object is over a brush/CSG geometry, works fine when over another static mesh or landscape.
    ooooh, yea that makes sense Xodroc! Cause BSP is not getting detected by my trace method with the Y drop-to-nearest surface feature!

Thanks for clarifying that!

I've not put much energy into the Plugin vertex snap and other Victory Editor Mode features since I'm busy integrating vertex snap directly into the Engine

~~~

Video of UE4 Vertex Snap Editor Integration

This is an alpha footage video of UE4 Vertex Snapping, as a built in feature that will come with the Editor!

You can vote for it here!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...s-Pull-Request
    Last edited by Rama; 05-02-2014, 10:17 AM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

that not for a noob like me but i like see people share 'open' here work and ideas, that help others learn. thx
      pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

The vertex snap feature and the U and Y keys are something that have to be activated via config file

Did you do that part?

None of this required to use the Blueprint nodes though! They will work as soon as editor is restarted after checking my plugin as active.
        Yes, I did. But
        Anyway, I will wait for the Vertex Snap Editor Integration. Thanks
        BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
        PRO version can be bought on my site only.
        www.3dalex.com

Comment

Get Screen Resolutions & Combine String

Two New BP Nodes

The download link in original post is now updated with two new nodes!

~~~

Get Screen Resolutions

Obtains a list of all the screen resolutions supported by the user's current display adapter!

Option to include or exclude the refresh rates that are available for each resolution!

New version of Get Screen Resolutions

Name:	ResolutionsNoRefreshRates.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	1050797

~~~

Combine Strings

Combine two strings with an optional separator and labels that will appear in front of each member of the pair.

~~~

Picture

I used the two nodes above to print out a listing of all supported screen resolutions, on the press of a key, using blueprints!

(open in new tab to see full size)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rama; 05-22-2014, 08:09 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
            Two New BP Nodes

The download link in original post is now updated with two new nodes!

~~~

Get Screen Resolutions

Obtains a list of all the screen resolutions supported by the user's current display adapter!

~~~

Combine Strings

Combine two strings with an optional separator and labels that will appear in front of each member of the pair.

Dear Rama,

Have i ever told you how crazy awesome you are?
            FREE Color LUT Collection
            FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
            GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
            Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
            Camera Crossfade
            Portfolio

Comment

**** Rama, you are unstoppable! Thank you for this.

Quick suggestion: Arrow keys move actors in the X/Y via the snap grid amount

Comment

excelent! thank you!

Comment

I just wanted to thank you for all this contribution to the community.
                  It's great! and yeah you are awesome
                  pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by HJPL View Post
                    **** Rama, you are unstoppable! Thank you for this.

Quick suggestion: Arrow keys move actors in the X/Y via the snap grid amount
                    Rawrrr!!

(nice suggestion too, have you tried ctrl + LMB, RMB, and both mouse buttons? That feature is already built in )

CTRL + LMB + mouse move = x axis
                    CTRL + RMB + mouse move = y axis
                    CTRL + Both + mouse move = z axis

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                    Dear Rama,

Have i ever told you how crazy awesome you are?
                    Hee hee! Thanks Jacky!

Originally posted by CTPEJIOK22 View Post
                    excelent! thank you!
                    Hee heeee!

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                    I just wanted to thank you for all this contribution to the community.
                    It's great! and yeah you are awesome
                    Last edited by Rama; 05-02-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Rawrrr!!

(nice suggestion too, have you tried ctrl + LMB, RMB, and both mouse buttons? That feature is already built in )

CTRL + LMB + mouse move = x axis
                      CTRL + RMB + mouse move = y axis
                      CTRL + Both + mouse move = z axis
                      I didn't know that, but now I do!

I guess I should have explained my suggestion better (but I was trying to be quick hehe). I meant using the arrow keys to nudge the actor a one (grid) slot. Sometimes you want to move that actor one space over and but the mouse moves it two, or three. It really becomes a pain when working with large objects, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HJPL View Post
                        I didn't know that, but now I do!

I guess I should have explained my suggestion better (but I was trying to be quick hehe). I meant using the arrow keys to nudge the actor a one (grid) slot. Sometimes you want to move that actor one space over and but the mouse moves it two, or three. It really becomes a pain when working with large objects, etc.
                        oooh!

That would be another great UE4 Engine pull request so that everyone can benefit from it.

I will try to remember it. Remind me periodically hee hee, I'm still working the Vertex Snap Editor Integration.

Rama

Comment

Trace Data BP Nodes For Your Use

Featured BP Nodes

Trace Data

I've designed several BP nodes to make doing traces easier!

Again you can download and use these nodes as a plugin, even in non-C++ project!

Get Trace Data From Skeletal Mesh Socket

Name:	tracedata_from_mesh_and_getskelmesh.jpg
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	1050430

Rama

Comment

Hey Rama, this looks really great and just what I was looking for (with the Vertex snapping). Tried to install this for a project using UE 4.1 and I see that the tools are enables and can see Victory items in the Blueprint window, but I do not see the referenced "10. You should now see the Victory Editor HotKeys button in the top left" item, nor do any of the hotkeys seem to be working. I followed all of the install instructions from the wiki very closely. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jwfitt View Post
                              Hey Rama, this looks really great and just what I was looking for (with the Vertex snapping). Tried to install this for a project using UE 4.1 and I see that the tools are enables and can see Victory items in the Blueprint window, but I do not see the referenced "10. You should now see the Victory Editor HotKeys button in the top left" item, nor do any of the hotkeys seem to be working. I followed all of the install instructions from the wiki very closely. Any ideas?
                              Hi there!

Many people have gotten it working so we'll figure it out

Did you do the step about the Config/DefaultEngine.ini ?

Code:
                              ;[/Script/Engine.Engine]
                              ;UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine

Remove the semi-colons to make this active, AFTER making sure you are seeing the extra BP nodes as well (mainly for other readers)

If anyone uses this and their editor crashes on load, just comment the above lines back out and you will be fine.

My plugin cannot hurt your Engine install, you just have to comment out the above and follow the steps in order

~~~

Edit

Oh you know

the wiki formatted my config file lines funny

Code:
                              [/Script/Engine.Engine] UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine
                              should be

Code:
                              [/Script/Engine.Engine] 
                              UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine

See if that helps!

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 05-04-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Hi there!
                                Oh you know

the wiki formatted my config file lines funny

Code:
                                [/Script/Engine.Engine] UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine
                                should be

Code:
                                [/Script/Engine.Engine] 
                                UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine
                                Rama
                                Rama, you sly dog!

That was it - the strange formatting from the wiki! Replaced the old .ini code with that and all is well! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X