Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rama what do you mean "Now work in packed games" ? What does it take to work in a pack game ? Is it possible to pack a game with all of the nodes from the plugin ?
    Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Do I need a 4.7 to get it to work with packed games? Great work btw, everytime I open this thread, I find nodes I never knew I couldn't live without

Comment

I'm having some problems with Get Rendered Actors and Get Not Rendered Actors. If an actor is rendered once, then it will always be considered rendered, even off screen.

I have it so when I press F, it stores an array with the rendered actors, it also clears the old array if used again. I then have it print the name of it on screen. So I start the game and when I press F it prints nothing, after I look at the actor it prints that actor's name, but if I look away it still prints that actor. The problem is also in Not Rendered Actors, I start the game and it prints the actor's name, I look at it and it prints nothing, then I look away and still prints nothing. I've been using the default 0.01 seconds to check for rendered actors, but it seems to ignore that since it's always considered rendered even with 0 seconds. Am I just not using this correctly?

Comment

Hey Rama, a quick question. Is the code included in the download completely free to use for any and all purposes? I don't believe it contains any document that describes permissions as to what it's allowed to be used for? And yes, I realize touching the code is not strictly necessary, but in some cases I would prefer to just use the C++ code directly instead of the blueprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
            Rama what do you mean "Now work in packed games" ? What does it take to work in a pack game ? Is it possible to pack a game with all of the nodes from the plugin ?
            As of 4.6.1, a code-based project is required to package the game, but a BP-only project can use the plugin during development.

This is going to be fixed by Epic soon

~~~

Originally posted by Pampers View Post
            Do I need a 4.7 to get it to work with packed games? Great work btw, everytime I open this thread, I find nodes I never knew I couldn't live without
            Hee hee! Glad you like my various BP node offerings!

~~~

Originally posted by Admiral Skye View Post
            I'm having some problems with Get Rendered Actors and Get Not Rendered Actors. If an actor is rendered once, then it will always be considered rendered, even off screen.
            I will have to look into that, I am just using Epic's function internally, so perhaps there is something going on with the function itself, send me a PM if I haven't gotten to this within 2 weeks or so.
            Last edited by Rama; 01-19-2015, 02:41 PM.
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Giving Me Credit for Victory BP Library

Victory BP Library Copyright Permissions

Originally posted by DennisSoemers View Post
              Hey Rama, a quick question. Is the code included in the download completely free to use for any and all purposes? I don't believe it contains any document that describes permissions as to what it's allowed to be used for? And yes, I realize touching the code is not strictly necessary, but in some cases I would prefer to just use the C++ code directly instead of the blueprints.
              Yes the code is free to use anywhere you want!

I only request that you mention me in the credits for your game in the way that feels most appropriate to you, thereby honoring my contributions.

I prefer to be mentioned as simply "Rama"

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 01-19-2015, 02:44 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                As of 4.6.1, a code-based project is required to package the game, but a BP-only project can use the plugin during development.

This is going to be fixed by Epic soon
                Thanks, good to know this is possible at all at the moment, i guess i will just wait for 4.7 and in the meanwhile release game footage videos when there are new stuff to show off.
                Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
                  Thanks, good to know this is possible at all at the moment, i guess i will just wait for 4.7 and in the meanwhile release game footage videos when there are new stuff to show off.
                  Yea! Epic has been telling me that getting plugins working in BP only packaged games is very high priority for them

Rama

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1065518

New Release!

Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

Using my new suite of BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

~~~

Supported Types:

Bool
                    Int
                    Float
                    Rotator
                    Vector
                    Color
                    String

~~~

Why Use a Config Var?

Config vars have several benefits

1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

~~~

Game.ini

All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

Code:
                    [DebugWindows]
                    ConsoleWidth=160
                    ConsoleHeight=4000
                    ConsoleX=-32000
                    ConsoleY=-32000

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
                    BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
                    StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
                    FullRebuild=True
                    ForDistribution=False
                    UsePakFile=True
                    UseOBB_InAPK=False
                    CulturesToStage=en

[Victory]
                    BoolVar=True
                    VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
                    StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
                    FloatVar=234.000000
                    Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

Rama

PS: Here's example usage!

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1065517

Comment

Thanks rama the config nodes looks awesome and this is great how you can make variables accessible by the user, especially for an indie developer, instead of investing time on a fancy options screen i can let the user use the config file and invest my time in the real important stuff.

Comment

New Node: Load Texture 2D From File!

JPG, PNG, BMP, ICO, EXR, and ICNS are Supported File Formats !

With this node you can load a Texture 2D from a file during runtime!

I output for you the width and height of the loaded image!

Now you can easily create Texture 2D's from image files in Blueprints, during runtime!

Enjoy!

Rama

PS: Make sure to include the file extension when you use this node!

Name:	LoadImageFromFile.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1065541

Name:	LoadImageFromFile2.jpg
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	1065542

~~~

C++ Code For You

Here is the core C++ function involved, entire source is in the download! I wrote my own Enum for the file formats.

Code:
                        UTexture2D* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile(const FString& FullFilePath,EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat, bool& IsValid,int32& Width, int32& Height)
                        {
                        	IsValid = false;
                        	UTexture2D* LoadedT2D = NULL;

IImageWrapperModule& ImageWrapperModule = FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked<IImageWrapperModule>(FName("ImageWrapper"));

IImageWrapperPtr ImageWrapper = ImageWrapperModule.CreateImageWrapper(GetJoyImageFormat(ImageFormat));

//Load From File
                        	TArray<uint8> RawFileData;
                        	if (!FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(RawFileData, * FullFilePath)) 
                        	{
                        		return NULL;
                        	}

//Create T2D!
                        	if (ImageWrapper.IsValid() && ImageWrapper->SetCompressed(RawFileData.GetData(), RawFileData.Num()))
                        	{ 
                        		const TArray<uint8>* UncompressedBGRA = NULL;
                        		if (ImageWrapper->GetRaw(ERGBFormat::BGRA, 8, UncompressedBGRA))
                        		{
                        			LoadedT2D = UTexture2D::CreateTransient(ImageWrapper->GetWidth(), ImageWrapper->GetHeight(), PF_B8G8R8A8);

//Valid?
                        			if (!LoadedT2D) 
                        			{
                        				return NULL;
                        			}

//Out!
                        			Width = ImageWrapper->GetWidth();
                        			Height = ImageWrapper->GetHeight();

//Copy!
                        			void* TextureData = LoadedT2D->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                        			FMemory::Memcpy(TextureData, UncompressedBGRA->GetData(), UncompressedBGRA->Num());
                        			LoadedT2D->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Unlock();

//Update!
                        			LoadedT2D->UpdateResource();
                        		}
                        	}

// Success!
                        	IsValid = true;
                        	return LoadedT2D;
                        }
                        ~~~

Download Link (6.5mb)

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip
                        Last edited by Rama; 01-23-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

You never cease to amaze Rama!
                          Fantastic addition

-Jeremy-
                          Portfolio
                          UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 1 DVD
                          UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 2 DVD

Comment

Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
                            Yeah, i cant find words to appreciate his awesomeness anymore, so yeah...

Thanks Rama!
                            FREE VR Drum Kit Project
                            FREE Color LUT Collection
                            FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                            FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                            Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                            Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
                              Fantastic addition

-Jeremy-
                              Hee hee!

Great to hear from you Jeremy!

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                              Yeah, i cant find words to appreciate his awesomeness anymore, so yeah...

Thanks Rama!
                              Hee hee!! * Blushes *

Rama

Comment

New Sound Node For you

Keep in mind you can now get/set the volume of any sound class to any value you want, anywhere in BP, any time!

Name:	SoundGetSoundVolume.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1065601

Name:	SoundSetClassVolume.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1065602

Comment

Working...
                                X