Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
    Thanks Rama! They just released Preview 2 of 4.7 so i'm going to give it a try. Kind of have to since i'm on a deadline too. Really appreciate the work you've done for us!
    Let me know how it goes!

Soon as 4.7 release comes out I will be updating!

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Accepted by Epic

These two nodes will be in a near future engine release!

Epic accepted my C++ pull request here (need active github account to view this):
      https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...dfa7f2c3b39098

Click image for larger version

Name:	2DInterpolation.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1064957

Using these nodes in my plugin you can now easily make your own translation animations for 2D games and UMG!

I realized the need for these animations while trying to manually animate UMG widgets in BP.

UE4 Wiki, Plugin Download Page
      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Enjoy!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Rama' Suite of Custom Config Section BP Nodes!

Name:	ConfigMain.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	1065029

Using my new suite of BP nodes, you can create as many of your own custom config file sections as you want!

You can both create and retrieve ini variables with any name and fundamental type that you want!

~~~

Supported Types:

Bool
        Int
        Float
        Rotator
        Vector
        Color
        String

~~~

Why Use a Config Var?

Config vars have several benefits

1. Persistent data storage without using a SaveGame struct or GameInstance, store simple quantities of data and player customization this way! Data is stored between level loads and even after the current instance of the game is shut down.

So in this way config vars have greater persistence than the GameInstance class!

2. Player-Driven Customization, Players of your game can tweak the config vars that you make available for them on their hard disk, by editing the .ini file directly, just like AAA games! This is the most significant advantage of using config files, and their real core purpose.

3. Simplicity, simpler to use than the BP SaveSystem (which is quite wonderful by the way), but not quite as powerful in that you can only store basic data types, not UObjects and Actors.

4. Organization, you can create as many config header sections as you want using my nodes, organizing all your custom settings this way!

~~~

Game.ini

All of your custom created config vars and sections are stored in:

Saved/Config/Windows/Game.ini

Players can navigate to this location on their harddrive to edit your ini files just like any AAA game would allow!

Here's what my Game.ini file looks like after running some tests!

Code:
        [DebugWindows]
        ConsoleWidth=160
        ConsoleHeight=4000
        ConsoleX=-32000
        ConsoleY=-32000

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
        BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
        StagingDirectory=(Path="E:/MYPROJECT_DELETE")
        FullRebuild=True
        ForDistribution=False
        UsePakFile=True
        UseOBB_InAPK=False
        CulturesToStage=en

[Victory]
        BoolVar=True
        VectorVar=X=1.000 Y=2.000 Z=9000.123
        StrVar=Yay For Custom Config Vars!!!
        FloatVar=234.000000
        Now you have fully featured ability to use config variables entirely in BP!

Rama

PS: Here's example usage!

Name:	Usage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1065030

Comment

Hi Rama,
          i love your plugin library. It is possible to make a "get light brightness" node to detect the light levels on pawn or other actor? I found here the code.
          Last edited by Ulrich.Thümmler; 01-11-2015, 11:45 AM.
          reference
          http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
          http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich.Thümmler View Post
            Hi Rama,
            i love your plugin library. It is possible to make a "get light brightness" node to detect the light levels on pawn or other actor? I found here the code.
            Hey there Ulrich,

I made one quick example for you in Blueprints (I converted the code you provided). So till Rama makes one you can play around with this.

Download Project

Hope you enjoy
            Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
            Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
            [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
            [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
            [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
            My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
            Your Friendly Neighborhood
            Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Many thanks ryanjon!!!
              reference
              http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
              http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich.Thümmler View Post
                Many thanks ryanjon!!!
                Yes thanks Ryan for doing that!

Great to hear from you Ulrich!

If I get time I will try to implement your request!

Thanks for all your own community contributions Ulrich!

Rama

Comment

Get OS Platform

Name:	OSGet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1065133

Platforms you can check for:

Windows
                  Mac
                  Linux

PS4
                  XBoxOne

iOS
                  Android

HTML5

WIN RT
                  WIN RT ARM

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

New BP Node!

Name:	BloomPostProcess.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1065140

This node sets the bloom intensity of any PP volume!

This node was contributed by community member Sahkan!

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Waoooo ! I love you Rama
                      I am looking for a bundle like that since a long time !
                      It's wonderful to share your work =)
                      I have not yet test all your library, but i have already a request

I'm interest to have a node to control the object mass.
                      As you can see in my answer in this thread : Change Mass using Blueprints

##############
                      Here's what I know :
                      We want to have an object with a Mass exactly = 1.00000 Kg
                      I take a mesh and set Physical properties :
                      - Simulate Physics = true
                      - Enable Gravity = false (we are in empty space)
                      - Linear damping = 0.0
                      ---> at this step, my object has a Mass in Kg = 2198.014
                      If i understand well, the Mass is calculated automatically depending on my shape mesh. Ok, so i will try to simulate a point with no shape in my calculation. To do that i use a Physical Material for my mesh :
                      - Density = 1.0 (g/m3 = water density for example --> it's the default value)
                      ---> at this step, my object has a Mass in Kg = 2198.014 (no change, perfect!)
                      Now I know my density = 1.0 so the engine seems to know the volume of my object (i would like to get this optionaly !) because mass[Kg] = density[g/cm3] x volume[cm3]

All this calculation is so complicated, i just want to be able to set manually the mass of my object !!!!
                      In fact, there is a value in the physical material which cause this problem and seems to be use by the engine for the calculation :
                      - Raise Mass to Power = 0.75 by default
                      If I set Raise Mass to Power = 0.0 ---> my object has Mass in Kg = 1.001 WHY !!!!

##############

Do you know how engine calculate the mass object ? what values and calculations are used ? I would like understand if it's possible!!
                      Maybe you can overpass the engine calculation to be able to "Set Mass" precisely with a node ! and verify if the "Get mass" node -included in UE4- returns the same value...

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Awesome progress ! I hope epic will fix that bug that we can't pack games with plugins in the next version.
                        Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Super cool new nodes, yay!
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                            Super cool new nodes, yay!
                            Hee hee!

Rama

Comment

Get All Screen Resolutions

Now works in packaged games!

You can use this with your UMG menus!

It gathers data specific to the end user's display adapter, including all available refresh rates

old but has nice in-game pic

Name:	ScreenResolutions.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	1065235

actual!

Name:	Resolutions2BP.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	579.1 KB
ID:	1065236

Comment

Originally posted by martoof View Post
                                Waoooo ! I love you Rama
                                I am looking for a bundle like that since a long time !
                                It's wonderful to share your work =)
                                I have not yet test all your library, but i have already a request

I'm interest to have a node to control the object mass.
                                As you can see in my answer in this thread : Change Mass using Blueprints

##############
                                Here's what I know :
                                We want to have an object with a Mass exactly = 1.00000 Kg
                                I take a mesh and set Physical properties :
                                - Simulate Physics = true
                                - Enable Gravity = false (we are in empty space)
                                - Linear damping = 0.0
                                ---> at this step, my object has a Mass in Kg = 2198.014
                                If i understand well, the Mass is calculated automatically depending on my shape mesh. Ok, so i will try to simulate a point with no shape in my calculation. To do that i use a Physical Material for my mesh :
                                - Density = 1.0 (g/m3 = water density for example --> it's the default value)
                                ---> at this step, my object has a Mass in Kg = 2198.014 (no change, perfect!)
                                Now I know my density = 1.0 so the engine seems to know the volume of my object (i would like to get this optionaly !) because mass[Kg] = density[g/cm3] x volume[cm3]

All this calculation is so complicated, i just want to be able to set manually the mass of my object !!!!
                                In fact, there is a value in the physical material which cause this problem and seems to be use by the engine for the calculation :
                                If I set Raise Mass to Power = 0.0 ---> my object has Mass in Kg = 1.001 WHY !!!!

##############

Do you know how engine calculate the mass object ? what values and calculations are used ? I would like understand if it's possible!!
                                Maybe you can overpass the engine calculation to be able to "Set Mass" precisely with a node ! and verify if the "Get mass" node -included in UE4- returns the same value...

Thanks a lot !
                                Hi there! Nice colors in your post!

You shouldn't be setting the mass directly, what I can do easily is give you a node to set the mass scale of any primitive component / static mesh / skeletal mesh.

By playing with the mass scale on a per-object basis you can get the object to have the effective movement/physics that you want in game.

If you are doing some kind of 3d weight scale game and you actually need 1 kg every time, it will require much more effort on my part

Mass scale is easy and universally useful!

~~~

Mass to Power 0 = 1

Originally posted by martoof View Post
                                If I set Raise Mass to Power = 0.0 ---> my object has Mass in Kg = 1.001 WHY !!!! [/COLOR]
                                ##############
                                If you raise anything to the power of 0, the value is 1!

Conceptual proof:

This is because power implies Self-Multiplication, (x^2 = x * x), and the only thing you can multiply any number by and get itself is 1. So 1 is this Eternal Constant when it comes to exponential math, anything to 0 power is the same, constant, unchanged Origin of all exponential math. All numbers to the 0 power trace back to the same single point, the number 1, so this is Origin. And 0 represent the concept of Origin!

Conventional Proof:
                                Code:
                                                 X^y
                                 x^0 = x^(y-y) = --- = 1
                                                 x^y

So um, is that all you need then? A phys mat with power to 0?

Mass scale as a BP node would be much more useful to more people and gives you fine tuned control on a per-object basis, and does not require phys-mats to be set anywhere

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 01-16-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X