Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Plugin For Community!

I've posted a plugin template that you should find quite easy to adapt to your needs!

It is a fully functional plugin sample, containing some nodes that I found useful for doing AI coding in Blueprints.

But the main purpose is to give you a plugin template to use however you like!

Enjoy!

Rama's AI Plugin Template
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin...mplate_For_You

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

The new get object from asset with path is working great ! And thanks for making that template this is a very good way to learn how to do it ourselves !
      Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantoad View Post
        It's actually pretty easy. In you VS game project you can create something like this:

PHP Code:
        #pragma once

#include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.generated.h"

UCLASS()
        class 
        YOURGAME_API UYourGameBlueprintLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
        {

GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallablemeta = (FriendlyName "Hello World!!"Keywords "String Hello World"), Category Game)
            static 
        FString HelloWorld(FString String FString("Hello!"));

}; 
        PHP Code:
        #include "YourGame.h"
        #include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.h"

UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::UYourGameBlueprintLibrary(const class FPostConstructInitializePropertiesPCIP)
        Super(PCIP)
        {

}

FString UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::HelloWorld(FString String)
        {
            return 
        String;

Thanks man this is exactly what i'v wanted to know !

Edit : I'v just noticed that while in edit and getting into the "Add code to project" window, they have there " add blueprint function library". and after clicking on it it creates :

Heaher (MyBlueprintFunctionLibrary.h) :

PHP Code:
        // Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#pragma once

#include "Kismet/BlueprintFunctionLibrary.h"
        #include "MyBlueprintFunctionLibrary.generated.h"

/**
         */
        UCLASS()
        class 
        MYPROJECT5_API UMyBlueprintFunctionLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
        {

GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()

}; 
        Source ( MyBlueprintFunctionLibrary.cpp ) :
        PHP Code:
        // Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#include "MyProject5.h"
        #include "MyBlueprintFunctionLibrary.h"

UMyBlueprintFunctionLibrary::UMyBlueprintFunctionLibrary(const class FPostConstructInitializePropertiesPCIP)
            : 
        Super(PCIP)
        {

I didn't check how it is working yet but i guess this is an other good example too.
        Last edited by Sahkan; 10-24-2014, 01:36 AM.
        Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
          Edit : I'v just noticed that while in edit and getting into the "Add code to project" window, they have there " add blueprint function library".
          Ah cool, never noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
            The new get object from asset with path is working great ! And thanks for making that template this is a very good way to learn how to do it ourselves !
            Yay! I am glad it is working for you!

For those new to this thread or this node, here's a picture!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoadObjectFromPath.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	1060174

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Create New Object!

Use this node to create new objects from a class!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CreateObject.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	1060191

Comment

Great work! Thanks a lot Rama!

Comment

Hi Rama love your work!

I have a request for a node its like the Division (Whole And Remainder) Node but instead of to hole numbers could it be to the first decimal point?

Thanks Rama

Comment

Originally posted by veiovis View Post
                    Great work! Thanks a lot Rama!
                    You're welcome veiovis!

Originally posted by Defused View Post
                    Hi Rama love your work!

I have a request for a node its like the Division (Whole And Remainder) Node but instead of to hole numbers could it be to the first decimal point?

Thanks Rama

Can you clarify your request, provide sample inputs and sample outputs? at least 2-3 examples would be helpful

Rama

Comment

yeah sure, for example if:

http://gyazo.com/1a18f032da85d8621dabb46f2e21252a

The dividend was 0.7 and the divisor was 2 the Remainder would be 0.1 and the return value would be 0.3.
                      currently this node can only do this with whole numbers e.g. dividend 7 and divisor 2 remainder would be 1 and return value would be 3.
                      im sure by now your probably thinking you could just multiply the input (0.7) by 10 and then divide the return value and the remainder, but for some reason maybe a bug if you try to divide the return value in any way even after setting it as a variable the number becomes 0, this is not the case for the remainder as you can divide that after this node and it has the right value, just the return value that has this problem.

i hope i have explained it well enough, please let me know if you need any more details

Comment

Absolutely incredible stuff. I want to use this plugin very badly, but I must wait until epic fixes the building with plugins issue.
                        Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                        Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                        Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                        Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                        Digital Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Osok View Post
                          Absolutely incredible stuff. I want to use this plugin very badly, but I must wait until epic fixes the building with plugins issue.
                          Hee hee glad you like!

Content-only plugins are coming soooon! Very high on Epic's priority list!

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Defused View Post
                            , but for some reason maybe a bug if you try to divide the return value in any way even after setting it as a variable the number becomes 0, this is not the case for the remainder as you can divide that after this node and it has the right value, just the return value that has this problem.

i hope i have explained it well enough, please let me know if you need any more details
                            The return value is an integer, so try converting the return value to a float before dividing by 10

It should work then!

So drag in a Float Division node and connect the return value and that should work just fine!

Let me know if that is satisfactory for your needs or if you still need a custom node

Rama

Comment

Hey Rama thanks for getting back to me, i fixed the problem i was having, for some reason the that node only works for me if it is in a function of its own (no idea why) but i can divide from it now thanks

Comment

Hi Osok. Making a code project isn't as daunting as it sounds. Once you've installed vs and set it up you just make a new c++ project with the UE4 launcher which will open in VS. Just compile it and it'll run the editor as usual. From there you can close VS for good and use UE as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X