Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
    Hello Rama, sorry to bother you again, I got this error when I try to launch my game (in the editor its fine).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14357[/ATTACH]

Only to ask if the Victory Library is not really for 'launch'. or I may missed some setup/steps.
    You will get that error until Epic makes plugins compatible with BP only projects

Till then you can't package your game properly, it's something I'm told Epic should have done before the new year

This affects all plugins, there's nothing I can do about it

~~~

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
    Rama you are incredible, just so you know! Thank you for your work! It's really handy ^^

Hee hee!

Great to hear from you Dakraid!

Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Thanks Rama for the swift response. I am sure Epic will do something about plug-ins.
      Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpawnActorIntoSublevel.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	1057914

New BP Nodes for Spawning Actors in Sublevels!

This node will spawn an actor from a class into a sublevel of your choosing!

~~~

Download Link

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

~~~

Ease of Use

You can simply enter the name of the sublevel!

~~~

Bonus

I've created a node that returns an array of the names of all levels that are currently loaded and visible!

In this way you can figure out what exact name to use with my SpawnActorInLevel node!

~~~

File Size Reduction

I reduced the file size of my plugin dramatically by removing the debug files. Plugin will still package great!

And now the plugin is < 500kb in size.

So the most recent upload is actually a valid file!

Enjoy!

Rama
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14509[/ATTACH]

New BP Nodes for Spawning Actors in Sublevels!

This node will spawn an actor from a class into a sublevel of your choosing!

~~~

Download Link

~~~

Ease of Use

You can simply enter the name of the sublevel!

~~~

Bonus

I've created a node that returns an array of the names of all levels that are currently loaded and visible!

In this way you can figure out what exact name to use with my SpawnActorInLevel node!

~~~

File Size Reduction

I reduced the file size of my plugin dramatically by removing the debug files. Plugin will still package great!

And now the plugin is < 500kb in size.

So the most recent upload is actually a valid file!

Enjoy!

Rama
          Hi Rama,

That's pretty cool the file size has dropped significantly. By the way no problems here, Victory Plugin updated to 4.5 and the custom plugin you created for my project still works no problems. I can still package your plugins for shipping 32bit and 64bit builds using the engine compiled from source as a C++ project.

Thanks
          Last edited by Isaac Nichols; 10-18-2014, 12:12 PM.
          Isaac Nichols
          Game Developer & Music Producer - Threaded Pixel Studios
          Currently working on Drones & Ruins a Sci-Fi twin-stick shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Nichols View Post
            Hi Rama,

That's pretty cool the file size has dropped significantly. By the way no problems here, Victory Plugin updated to 4.5 and the custom plugin you created for my project still works no problems. I can still package your plugins for shipping 32bit and 64bit builds using the engine compiled from source as a C++ project.

Thanks
            Great to hear from you Isaac!

I am glad my Flying AI plugin is working for you!

Thanks for sharing!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Name:	CreateObject.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	1057938
              ~~

2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short time!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

~~~

C++ Code For You

Here's the code!

Code:
              UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreateObject(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
              {
              	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                  UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
              	if(!World) return NULL;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
              }
              Code:
              UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreatePrimitiveComponent(
              	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
              	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
              	FName Name,
              	FVector Location, 
              	FRotator Rotation
              ){
              	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                  UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
              	if(!World) return NULL;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
              	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
              	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
              	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
              	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
              }

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 10-19-2014, 04:31 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Hereby i'm expressing my gratitude for these plugins , and mostly that record time node which saved me alot of hassle .
                Cheers.

Comment

Sir, very good job on the blueprints nodes. Since you probably don't have time to explain how you created your own custom functions, where would you go to learn how to create custom blueprint Nodes? The one's in the editor work just fine but i don't just want to depend on them. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by caelanim8ter View Post
                    Sir, very good job on the blueprints nodes. Since you probably don't have time to explain how you created your own custom functions, where would you go to learn how to create custom blueprint Nodes? The one's in the editor work just fine but i don't just want to depend on them. Thx!
                    It's actually pretty easy. In you VS game project you can create something like this:

PHP Code:
                    #pragma once

#include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.generated.h"

UCLASS()
                    class 
                    YOURGAME_API UYourGameBlueprintLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
                    {

GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallablemeta = (FriendlyName "Hello World!!"Keywords "String Hello World"), Category Game)
                        static 
                    FString HelloWorld(FString String FString("Hello!"));

}; 
                    PHP Code:
                    #include "YourGame.h"
                    #include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.h"

UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::UYourGameBlueprintLibrary(const class FPostConstructInitializePropertiesPCIP)
                    Super(PCIP)
                    {

}

FString UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::HelloWorld(FString String)
                    {
                        return 
                    String;

Comment

Well i feel stupid, cause i do not understand written code in i guess c++, But the answer given is pretty much what i'm looking for, now just need to do research to understand it, or write code out properly.

Comment

Originally posted by caelanim8ter View Post
                        Well i feel stupid, cause i do not understand written code in i guess c++, But the answer given is pretty much what i'm looking for, now just need to do research to understand it, or write code out properly.
                        Oh yeah you'll definitely need to code to create custom nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowOf047 View Post
                          Hereby i'm expressing my gratitude for these plugins , and mostly that record time node which saved me alot of hassle .
                          Cheers.
                          Yay! Glad you are enjoying my Victory BP library!

@GiganToad

Thanks for helping to answer questions, GiganToad!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

I was wondering about the record time node, since you use a float for this, do you know when you start to lose precision?
                            I am thinking mainly if you have some kind of persistant server running for a couple of days, and you messure time between events that might require a player joining, etc.
                            Could be good to know.

Bad example since you would probably messure those things differently. But there could be an issue at some point.
                            Last edited by TheSpaceMan; 10-21-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Two New Nodes

Get Object Path & Load Object From Asset Path!

Now you can use Right Click -> Copy Reference and past that into my BP node to load an object directly from asset path!

You can also pass in a UObject to retrieve its full asset path using my other node, and these two nodes work together!

I used this system in my C++ based In-game editor to load levels from hard disk!

I simply save out the asset paths and then load objects from their paths, setting any user-changed variables!

Now you can do the same thing entirely in Blueprints!

Enjoy!

Rama

Latest Victory BP Library Plugin Download

Name:	LoadObjectFromPath.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	1058067
                              Last edited by Rama; 10-22-2014, 01:20 PM.

♥ Rama

Comment

New Node

Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations!

This node is live in the current most recent plugin version!

Please refer carefully to my picture of how to set up this node correctly!

~~~

Pictures

Name:	VertexPositions.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1058108

Name:	VertexPositions2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	1058109

Enjoy!

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 10-23-2014, 08:02 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X