Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad View Post
    Hi Rama

I have tryed to install your plugin,

Thank you for your help.
    You will have to post your DefaultEngine.ini config file.

And do you see the Victory BP Library when you go to Windows->Plugins? Does it show up there at the very bottom of list?

Also, someone mentioned that non-github 4.4.3 has problems with plugins somehow

Are you on 4.4.3 and using only the non-github of 4.4.3 ?

I'd say wait till 4.5 and we will address the matter then ( a few days from now)
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

thanks rama
      i have been using 4.2 until recently when i downloaded 4.5 preview. i use the ones from github so i can test html5 and have the source available, so why not get the latest.

the things i added to your plugin were specific to the tests i was doing at the time and probably no use to anyone else. it was just easier to add them in there as my plugin attempts failed.
      ill have another go at a plugin at some point, if i see the error i was making ill be sure to let people know.
      tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
      Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
      PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
        Stone Jonez Thou Art Selected

Haha there's no issue other than I've never tried because I dont have preview versions of the engine. I am working about 5 different projects all of which are on 4.4 and I have 3 versions of the engine on my computer already

So!

Guess what!

You are selected StoneJonez!

Should you wish to be, you can be the official preview version Victory BP Library person (OPVVBLP)!

Should you wish to bear the honorary title of OPVVBLP, you could be the one to maintain preview versions of the Victory BP plugin! You could add this to a subsection of my wiki page and also I will make a space for it in my main original post in this thread

Rama
        That's quite an acronym! I have no problem with that! I actually have your newest update working in 4.5 too, but I'm not at the right computer at the moment. I'll post it up tomorrow night (or morning, if I have enough time before work).

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
          thanks rama
          i have been using 4.2 until recently when i downloaded 4.5 preview. i use the ones from github so i can test html5 and have the source available, so why not get the latest.

the things i added to your plugin were specific to the tests i was doing at the time and probably no use to anyone else. it was just easier to add them in there as my plugin attempts failed.
          ill have another go at a plugin at some point, if i see the error i was making ill be sure to let people know.
          New Plugin For Community and You Tegleg!

I've posted a plugin template that you should find quite easy to adapt to your needs!

It is a fully functional plugin sample, containing some nodes that I found useful for doing AI coding in Blueprints.

But the main purpose is to give you a plugin template to use however you like!

Enjoy!

Rama's AI Plugin Template
          https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin...mplate_For_You

~~~

Originally posted by StoneJonez View Post
          That's quite an acronym! I have no problem with that! I actually have your newest update working in 4.5 too, but I'm not at the right computer at the moment. I'll post it up tomorrow night (or morning, if I have enough time before work).
          Let me know when you have the link you'd like me to put on the wiki in your own section "Preview Versions"

and in my original post of this thread!

Rama
          UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

You will have to post your DefaultEngine.ini config file.
            GameName=TestVictoryPlugin

[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
            GameDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
            EditorStartupMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
            GlobalDefaultGameMode=/Game/Blueprints/MyGame.MyGame_C

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
            +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/TestVictoryPlugin")
            +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/TestVictoryPlugin")
            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

And do you see the Victory BP Library when you go to Windows->Plugins? Does it show up there at the very bottom of list?
            Yes I see Victory BP Library at the bottom of the list.

Also, someone mentioned that non-github 4.4.3 has problems with plugins somehow

Are you on 4.4.3 and using only the non-github of 4.4.3 ?
            I use the 4.5.0 non-gthub version

I'd say wait till 4.5 and we will address the matter then ( a few days from now)
            Good news

I tried to use "Rama's AI Plugin Template" (I have put the folder in the plugin folder inside unreal 4.5 folder) and I receive this error: "Plugin VictoryAI failed to load because module "VictosyAI"mdoes not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine"
            || DigitalTRX | C4DGames ||

Comment

thanks Rama, awesome
              tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
              Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
              PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13916[/ATTACH]

~~

2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short time!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

~~~

C++ Code For You

Here's the code!

Code:
                UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreateObject(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
                {
                	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
                	if(!World) return NULL;
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
                }
                Code:
                UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::CreatePrimitiveComponent(
                	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
                	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
                	FName Name,
                	FVector Location, 
                	FRotator Rotation
                ){
                	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context object to get the world!
                    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
                	if(!World) return NULL;
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
                	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
                	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
                	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
                	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
                }

Rama
                You're awesome Rama!

I love how you take requests and then add even more!

If you don't mind I could post some updates here to show how your plugin is helping me with the project.
                And thank you very much again!

Comment

Originally posted by Thommie View Post
                  You're awesome Rama!

I love how you take requests and then add even more!

If you don't mind I could post some updates here to show how your plugin is helping me with the project.
                  And thank you very much again!
                  Sure I'd love to see how my plugin has helped you in this thread!

Anyone else feel free to post pics/videos of your projects that have been facilitated by my plugin!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Rama. Big trouble. Now my project is stuck in a rock & a hard place. It cannot be open after converting to 4.5. Said your dll files are build with a different engine version. WHen I said rebuild them, it fails, with a cannot be compiled error.

Have you updated your plug in in for 4.5 already?
                    Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
                      Have you updated your plug in in for 4.5 already?
                      4.5 Update Released

The latest version of my plugin is now on 4.5!

Enjoy!

Rama

PS: Starseeker let me know how it goes now!
                      Last edited by Rama; 10-15-2014, 02:16 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Thanks Rama, you are the man, I will try out tonight!

Edit: Works!!!! Thanks again.
                        Last edited by starseeker; 10-15-2014, 03:18 PM.
                        Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
                          Thanks Rama, you are the man, I will try out tonight!

Edit: Works!!!! Thanks again.
                          Yaaay!

You're welcome!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by CatchPhyre View Post
                            I am aware of other threads where you had posted codes to help people integrate it into their work. One such example, being "https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?8856-Accessing-Vertex-Positions-of-static-mesh". However, when I tried to do the same with the codes posted, I keep getting compile errors which points to some default unreal api header files. Being primarily a texture artist and designer, I have difficulty trying to get codes to work and I am very rusty with c++. Would it be possible to help me out with blueprint nodes that can calculate and access vertex information of static meshes please? I am sure other artists and designers would benefit from mesh "vertex info access" blueprint nodes.

Thanx,
                            CatchPhyre
                            New Node

Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations!

Dear CatchPhyre,

As per your request I have now made a node to get the rotated,scaled,translated positions of all vertices of a static mesh!

This node is live in the current most recent plugin version!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Please refer carefully to my picture of how to set up this node correctly!

~~~

Pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	VertexPositions.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1057853

Name:	VertexPositions2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	1057854

Enjoy!

Rama

PS

Originally posted by Skuba View Post
                            Thx for the plugin Rama!
                            You're welcome!

Congrats on your first post, welcome to the forums!

♥ Rama

Comment

Hello Rama, sorry to bother you again, I got this error when I try to launch my game (in the editor its fine).

Name:	VoctoryError.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1057856

Only to ask if the Victory Library is not really for 'launch'. or I may missed some setup/steps.

Comment

Rama you are incredible, just so you know! Thank you for your work! It's really handy ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X