Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post
    Hi Rama ,

Thank you very much for the update!

In addition, I have a question, please: do you know any way to 'read' strings from a file over the internet (from example: mywebsite.com/myfile.txt)? I have tried some combinations with your 'Load string from file' node (which is incredible for local use!), and with the default 'Download image' node, with no luck. I wouldn't care about reading it directly from the web, or downloading that file to disk, and read from it after being already locally saved. I would be very glad if you would have any idea.

Thank you very much and best regards!
    This is a great idea! I will work on this when I have time!

Originally posted by N1LSS0N1 View Post
    Hey there!
    amazing plugin, use it in all my project because it have so many use cases! I have a question for you,
    Can you expose the "CrouchedHalfHeight" in a function that can be set? because currently it cant be set through blueprint and i think it might be a good addition? Or a function that automatically offsets the capsule based on the half height instead, so you can change the capsule components half height and it allow it to offset too.
    For now i created my own function but i just thought it might be a good addition to your plugin!
    Anyhow, have a great day/night!

This is also a great node idea, I wll look into this!
    ​​​​​​​

Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

4.26 Update Is Here!

Dear Victory Plugin Users,

Here is 4.26 !!!!
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/0q10k9...gin26.zip/file

Enjooooooy!

Rama
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
        4.26 Update Is Here!

Here is 4.26 !!!!

Enjooooooy!

Rama
        thank you ~

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
          4.26 Update Is Here!

Here is 4.26 !!!!

Enjooooooy!

Rama
          Thank you so much rama ♥

Comment

btw I got 4.26 working on a 4.25 version of the victory plugin just by changing one line:

VictoryPC.cpp:79 to

auto Request = Http->CreateRequest();

Was faster than downloading it from the link

Comment

Hi,
              I have recently created a plugin to import the audio files with mp3, wav, flac in runtime.
              https://github.com/Respirant/RuntimeAudioImporter

Comment

hi, first let me thank you very much for this very useful plugin !!!
                i mainly use it for storing load/savegame thumbs-textures.
                i have one question about it:
                the textures stored seem very dark compared to my screen output of the scene.
                is there any way to get the exact screen output ?
                i tried messing with brightness in the 2d capture texture, but it wont make any difference ...
                kind regards
                stucki
                www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin @Rama, It works like a charm and helped me a lot with my game. But I am currently trying to port my game to android and I think it is causing the app to crash (I am on 4.26), I was wondering does this plugin support android? Or am I just doing something wrong and that's the reason for the crash?
                  Here the error I am getting before the crash happens.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1845946

Thanks
                  Last edited by R4thren; 12-23-2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post
                    hi, first let me thank you very much for this very useful plugin !!!
                    i mainly use it for storing load/savegame thumbs-textures.
                    i have one question about it:
                    the textures stored seem very dark compared to my screen output of the scene.
                    is there any way to get the exact screen output ?
                    i tried messing with brightness in the 2d capture texture, but it wont make any difference ...
                    kind regards
                    stucki
                    In case you are still looking for an answer, these settings inside the texture render target should make the image look the same as in the engine

Click image for larger version  Name:	settings.PNG Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1845950
                    Last edited by R4thren; 12-23-2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R4thren View Post
                      Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin @Rama, It works like a charm and helped me a lot with my game. But I am currently trying to port my game to android and I think it is causing the app to crash (I am on 4.26), I was wondering does this plugin support android? Or am I just doing something wrong and that's the reason for the crash?
                      Here the error I am getting before the crash happens.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1845946

Thanks
                      I figured it out in case someone is having the same issue:
                      Open the .uplugin and add android to the target platform wite list, then build it for android and it works like a charm.
                      Thanks again for the great plugin

Comment

For the sake of documenting what was a really long struggle getting seeking / start from time / any deeper audio issues with an vorbis OGG -> soundwave importer, i found that UE4 relies on both the RawData and RawPCMData part of a soundwave to perform tasks deeper than just playing audio, the solution i found was to use the SerializeWaveFile function on pcm data to make a normal .wav type rawdata and then set the rawdata that way. I'm not certain if this works in packaged games. Code for setting the RawData:
                        Code:
                         //SERIALIZE PCM AND FILL IN RAW DATA
                        TArray < uint8 > rawSerialized;
                        SerializeWaveFile(rawSerialized, sw->RawPCMData, info.SampleDataSize, info.NumChannels, info.SampleRate);
                        sw->RawData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                        void* LockedData = sw->RawData.Realloc(rawSerialized.Num());
                        FMemory::Memcpy(LockedData, rawSerialized.GetData(), info.SampleDataSize);
                        sw->RawData.Unlock();
                        Full Frankenstein OGG import code:
                        Code:
                        USoundWave* XXXXXXXXX::GetSoundWaveFromOGGFile(const FString& filePath, bool& Success){
                        if (filePath == "") { Success = false; return nullptr; }
                        char* filePathChar = TCHAR_TO_ANSI(*filePath);
                        USoundWave* sw = NewObject<USoundWave>(USoundWave::StaticClass());
                        if (!sw) { Success = false; return nullptr; }
                        TArray < uint8 > rawFile1;
                        FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(rawFile1, filePath.GetCharArray().GetData());
                        FByteBulkData* bulkData = &sw->CompressedFormatData.GetFormat(TEXT("OGG"));
                        bulkData->Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                        FMemory::Memcpy(bulkData->Realloc(rawFile1.Num()), rawFile1.GetData(), rawFile1.Num());
                        bulkData->Unlock();
                        FSoundQualityInfo info;
                        FVorbisAudioInfo vorbis_obj;
                        if (!vorbis_obj.ReadCompressedInfo(rawFile1.GetData(), rawFile1.Num(), &info))
                        {
                        return nullptr;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                        sw->SoundGroup = ESoundGroup::SOUNDGROUP_Default;
                        sw->NumChannels = info.NumChannels;
                        sw->Duration = info.Duration;
                        //sw->TotalSamples = info.SampleDataSize;
                        sw->RawPCMDataSize = info.SampleDataSize;
                        sw->SetSampleRate(info.SampleRate);
                        // - Decompress and bake PCM Data from file into SoundWave
                        sw->RawPCMData = (uint8*)FMemory::Malloc(sw->RawPCMDataSize);
                        vorbis_obj.ExpandFile(sw->RawPCMData, &info);
                        sw->bDecompressedFromOgg = true;
                        //SERIALIZE PCM AND FILL IN RAW DATA
                        TArray < uint8 > rawSerialized;
                        SerializeWaveFile(rawSerialized, sw->RawPCMData, info.SampleDataSize, info.NumChannels, info.SampleRate);
                        sw->RawData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                        void* LockedData = sw->RawData.Realloc(rawSerialized.Num());
                        FMemory::Memcpy(LockedData, rawSerialized.GetData(), info.SampleDataSize);
                        sw->RawData.Unlock();
                        }

if (!sw) { Success = false; return nullptr; }

Success = true;
                        return sw;
                        }

Comment

Hey Rama!!
                          I think I remember you had a plugin that allowed for much better performance when dealing with thousands of destructible meshes? Thanks man and great to hear from you as always,
                          Dj

Comment

Originally posted by R4thren View Post

In case you are still looking for an answer, these settings inside the texture render target should make the image look the same as in the engine

Click image for larger version Name:	settings.PNG Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1845950
                            thx very much. Yes i am still searching .... will try this tomorrow !!
                            www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Rama, could you possibly look into these node suggestions?

-capsule trace with orientation (i hear this exists in C++ but the blueprint capsule trace mysteriously lacks it?)
                              -trace by distance and direction nodes: so for example instead of setting end points, you just set a starting point, unit vector direction, and float distance
                              -exposed engine quaternion and spherical interpolation functions
                              -vector += and -= like you have for floats currently
                              -clamp vector and clamp rotator to closest of number given directions, for example returning only 8 directions or 4 directions

thank you for all your hard work, and for such a wonderfully useful plugin.
                              Last edited by Capsu1; 01-03-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Hi, and thanks for this extremely usefull pluggin!!
                                I have a lot of pages in this topic but can't find my answer, I'm sorry... Is it still necessary to have a C++ programmer to package for android (and mac since I'm working with somebody using it)? I've read it was the case some times ago, but I'm using 4.25 and the pluggin may have changed in beetween.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X