Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama!

Love this plugin! We have been using since you first released it!

Just recently, (today really), we officially have a combination BP and C++ project going, as we discovered we needed C++ to the more trickier things we want to do. With the plugin installed though, Visual Studio is not able to compile the editor. I do know the source is given with the plugin, do we just copy the the contents on the source folder in your Plugin folder, so our project's "Source" folder? Just looking for some clarification.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessionsQuest View Post
      Hey Rama!

Love this plugin! We have been using since you first released it!

Just recently, (today really), we officially have a combination BP and C++ project going, as we discovered we needed C++ to the more trickier things we want to do. With the plugin installed though, Visual Studio is not able to compile the editor. I do know the source is given with the plugin, do we just copy the the contents on the source folder in your Plugin folder, so our project's "Source" folder? Just looking for some clarification.

Thanks so much!
      The plugin should be at Engine\Plugins\VictoryPlugin with the Source folder inside of that, then you just need to GenerateProjects.bat.
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
        The plugin should be at Engine\Plugins\VictoryPlugin with the Source folder inside of that, then you just need to GenerateProjects.bat.
        It seems that GenerateProjects.bat is an engine source only? We currently aren't using the engine source. We added to plugin to C:\Programs Files\Unreal\Engine\Plugins and we are still getting compile issues.

We were making a BP only project, and used the "Add Code" functionality, which creates the Source folder in our project folder.

Comment

Well, if you're actually needing to compile the editor, you will need the source version, yeah. It won't work as far as I know by just converting a binary only content project to source, and just trying to compile that.

Edit: You should be able to just get the Github version, compile it, and then open your project in it as normal - it should see it in the list of projects. It may need conversion as it might not consider it the same version as whatever your project was set up against.
          Last edited by n00854180t; 08-21-2014, 04:22 PM.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessionsQuest View Post
            It seems that GenerateProjects.bat is an engine source only? We currently aren't using the engine source. We added to plugin to C:\Programs Files\Unreal\Engine\Plugins and we are still getting compile issues.

We were making a BP only project, and used the "Add Code" functionality, which creates the Source folder in our project folder.
            Hi there! I am glad you enjoy my plugin!

1. "We added to plugin to C:\Programs Files\Unreal\Engine\Plugins and we are still getting compile issues."

I recommend putting it in YourProject/Plugins, then try compiling again.

2. "and used the "Add Code" functionality, which creates the Source folder in our project folder."

I'd recommend making an actual C++ project if the above does not work!

Let us know how it goes!

Rama

PS: thanks for the forum help n00854180t !
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by lunix View Post
              Oh wow yes, parsing each line as a separate line in an array of strings would be absolutely perfect!

<3 you Rama. I really appreciate how much you contribute to this community and to me personally. (Whether you realize it or not )
              I will work on this shortly!

Been quite busy lately

Lot of C++ AI programming to do

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

New Node Release

Load String Array From Text File

1. Loads a String Array from a Text File, where each entry in the array is one line from the file!

2. Option to specify that white space lines should be ignored, tested and working! (only checks spaces and newlines at moment)

3. Returns the size of the String array that was created!

4. Returns false if the file could not be opened

Picture:

Enjoy!

Rama

PS: re-download the plugin from the link in first post to get this update!

Node created as per this request:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post121696

Originally posted by lunix View Post
                Oh wow yes, parsing each line as a separate line in an array of strings would be absolutely perfect!

<3 you Rama. I really appreciate how much you contribute to this community and to me personally. (Whether you realize it or not )

Comment

Rama, This collection of plugins is absolutely killer Thank you so much for working on them!

If you are still taking ideas for nodes to make, I've been contemplating one that might be really handy:

Currently, it's not very easy to comment your nodes effectively if it can't be summed up in a few short sentences because of the way the current comment 'node' formats the text.

I think there are a ton of times when it would be super handy to be able to place something in a blueprint that basically acted like a multi-line text box. Basically exactly like the comment boxes you can already make with two important differences: The text would not keep scale as you zoom out (comment boxes do this, and it works ok for single lines but thats about it). And you shouldn't be constrained to only a couple lines at most.
                  Trevor Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperloop View Post
                    Rama, This collection of plugins is absolutely killer Thank you so much for working on them!

If you are still taking ideas for nodes to make, I've been contemplating one that might be really handy:

Currently, it's not very easy to comment your nodes effectively if it can't be summed up in a few short sentences because of the way the current comment 'node' formats the text.

I think there are a ton of times when it would be super handy to be able to place something in a blueprint that basically acted like a multi-line text box. Basically exactly like the comment boxes you can already make with two important differences: The text would not keep scale as you zoom out (comment boxes do this, and it works ok for single lines but thats about it). And you shouldn't be constrained to only a couple lines at most.
                    This is a great idea Hyperloop!

I think you should probably post this in the feedback section or on answerhub, because I dont think I can modify the way Blueprints do their rendering without having to modify the engine code in a way that would be pushing the limits of what plugins can do

Rama

Comment

@Rama, have you found a solution for doing a Blueprint Implementable Event in a Blueprint Library? I can make a static FTimerDelegate, but the mutli-cast delegates and the event ones don't play nice with the static declaration.

Comment

Hey Rama,

I've used the victoryBP plugin on a previous version of UE4 and it worked perfectly.
                        But now I have updated to 4.4.0 and have downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and copied it to the plugin folder in my project directory.
                        When I click to open my project this pops up:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	victory1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1053935

When I click either "yes" or "no" this pops up:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Victory.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1053936

I have been trying to sort this out for a while now and I can't continue my project until it is sorted.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? How do I recompile the plugin to work with this engine version?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AutoLiMax View Post
                          Hey Rama,
                          I've used the victoryBP plugin on a previous version of UE4 and it worked perfectly.
                          But now I have updated to 4.4.0 and have downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and copied it to the plugin folder in my project directory.
                          When I click to open my project this pops up:

When I click either "yes" or "no" this pops up:

I have been trying to sort this out for a while now and I can't continue my project until it is sorted.
                          Is there anything I can do to fix this? How do I recompile the plugin to work with this engine version?
                          Thanks!
                          Just so you know this is an issue that started a couple days ago and has affected many of us, there was an update available for version 4.4.0 (and I guess if you just installed, it also affects new downloads as well), it was about 1.3gb in size, but did not actually update anything, however it has broken compatibility with all of my plugins as well. I have not heard any official word about it (aside from an apology in THIS THREAD from a couple days ago, scroll down), but there is another thread that just started HERE which you should keep an eye on for an official word on what we should do.

In order to compile the plugin, you need Visual Studio installed, and have to open up the C++ project from the source folder in the plugin, and then build for the latest version (you will need the engine code off of Github to do this). If you don't want to go that route, I think we will have to wait to find out what the official word is for now. Hope that helps!
                          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Booooom! I got it working.
                            I only use 2 plugins which are VAOcean and Rama's Victory plugin, both of which give me the error saying they're not compatible with the current engine version.

Here's what I did to get them to work.

- Copied the plugins to the engine/plugins folder.
                            - Clicked "GenerateProjectFiles.bat" so they would be recognised in Visual Studio.
                            - Opened "UE4.sln" in Visual Studio 2013.
                            - Right clicked on the UE4 solution and clicked rebuild.
                            - Copied plugins back to the project plugins folder.

And now all is working fine.
                            Usually with previous versions I just slammed the plugins in the project plugins folder and they worked right away!

Sweeet!
                            Last edited by AutoLiMax; 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Ahh cool man! Thanks for the info, I will give that a try! I also use the Substance plugin, so hopefully I can get it going as well, but I can wait on that one for now...

However, going without Rama's Victory plugin is something I would't wish on even my worst enemy... lol, it's just too much awesome to go without!
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Yeah give it a try and post back if it works. If so then its a possible fix for everyone running the source version!

Comment

Working...
                                X