Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings everyone,
    I have been trying to figure out how to get the vertex snapping and other editor features to work and there is a ton of information that I cannot tell what I need to do. I can see the plugin and blueprints, but I do not see the other features that were described in the wiki, https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2..._Editor_Plugin.
    Just for clarification as it seems this plugin has been through a lot of iterations.... I need to install the package to the engine directory. Do I also need something per project, or no? I would think not, but I wasn't sure if there is some other piece I need here. I tried to edit the DefaultEngine.ini as described and it causes it to crash on load. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comment

Hi,I want screenshot with a camera , so i use captureScene2DComponent. But when i use CaptureComponent2d_SaveImage() to Save Image to disk,the image is so dark ,i spend a lot of time but can't resolve it ,can you help me, thank you

Comment

Rama~~~ upload 4.23 version sooooooon PLEASE!

Comment

I'd like to report a bug that causes using widget functions to crash android applications. Like Get widget of class , etc.
          (using version for 4.23 on 4.23.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
            Rama's ISM Editor is Back! Fully Operational in Plugin! Packages!

Rama's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

A while back I added an Instanced Static Mesh Editor feature to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, which is now a separate plugin from this Victory BP Library:

Victory Ed Engine ~ Vertex Snapping and Instanced Static Mesh Editor
            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2..._experience.21

There was a bug in my setup that prevented the Instanced Static Meshes from working in a packaged game, and I've now fixed that bug!

So now my Victory ISM Editor is fully operational for your level-making needs!

You can now easily manipulate Instanced Static Mesh instances in the level viewport in world space!

And it works in a packaged game!

New Video I Filmed Today!

Original Video Introducing the Concept of Instanced Static Mesh

~~~

Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!

In this video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And all the geometry in the level is preserved!

You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

I explain everything in the video!

~~~

Installation Instructions

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation

~~~

Enjoy!

Rama

Can your "Instanced Static Mesh Editor" or "Vertex Snap Editor" plugin show/manipulate translate/rotate/scale widget in runtime (in game mode)?
            Last edited by Angel Tsvetkov; 10-28-2019, 03:38 AM.
            Celestial Creator - 3D luxurious builder and shooter game in Steam for Win32&64
            Construct and build very quickly and intuitively with highest appearance brilliant, elegant, impressive, fabulous, outstanding, magnificent, gorgeous, tremendous, majestic, imperial and superior objects, shapes, buildings, crafting, levels, worlds. Then protect them

Comment

Hello Rama,

I was trying to implement a way for the user to upload images from their drive to a local folder in the contents folder.
              I'm attempting to do this by using 3 functions from your library:
              UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile to
              UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_GetPixelFromT2D to
              ​​​​​​​ UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_SavePixels

Here it is in Blueprint:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RamaQuestionCapture.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	1679333

And here are the code snippets:
              My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile:
              Code:
              UTexture2D * ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_LoadTextureFromFilePixels(const FString & FullFilePath, EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat, bool & IsValid, int32 & Width, int32 & Height, TArray<FLinearColor>& OutPixels)
              {
                  OutPixels.Empty();

IsValid = false;
                  UTexture2D* LoadedTexture = nullptr;

IImageWrapperModule& ImageWrapperModule = FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked<IImageWrapperModule>(FName("ImageWrapper"));
                  TSharedPtr<IImageWrapper> ImageWrapper = ImageWrapperModule.CreateImageWrapper(GetImageFormat(ImageFormat));

TArray<uint8> RawFileData;

if (!FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(RawFileData, *FullFilePath))
                  {
                      return nullptr;
                  }

if (ImageWrapper.IsValid() && ImageWrapper->SetCompressed(RawFileData.GetData(), RawFileData.Num()))
                  {
                      const TArray<uint8>* UncompressedBGRA = nullptr;
                      if (ImageWrapper->GetRaw(ERGBFormat::BGRA, 8, UncompressedBGRA))
                      {
                          LoadedTexture = UTexture2D::CreateTransient(ImageWrapper->GetWidth(), ImageWrapper->GetHeight(), PF_B8G8R8A8);

if (!LoadedTexture)
                          {
                              return nullptr;
                          }

Width = ImageWrapper->GetWidth();
                          Height = ImageWrapper->GetHeight();

void* TextureData = LoadedTexture->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                          FMemory::Memcpy(TextureData, UncompressedBGRA->GetData(), UncompressedBGRA->Num());
                          LoadedTexture->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Unlock();

LoadedTexture->UpdateResource();
                      }
                  }

IsValid = true;
                  return LoadedTexture;

}

My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_GetPixelFromT2D:
              Code:
              bool ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_GetPixelsFromText2D(UTexture2D * T2D, int32 & TextWidth, int32 & TextHeight, TArray<FLinearColor>& PixelArray)
              {
                  if (!T2D)
                  {
                      return false;
                  }

PixelArray.Empty();

T2D->SRGB = false;
                  T2D->CompressionSettings = TC_VectorDisplacementmap;

T2D->UpdateResource();

FTexture2DMipMap& MyMipMap = T2D->PlatformData->Mips[0];
                  TextWidth = MyMipMap.SizeX;
                  TextHeight = MyMipMap.SizeY;

FByteBulkData* RawImageData = &MyMipMap.BulkData;

if (!RawImageData)
                  {
                      return false;
                  }

FColor* RawColorArray = static_cast<FColor*>(RawImageData->Lock(LOCK_READ_ONLY));

for (int32 x = 0; x < TextWidth; x++)
                  {
                      for (int32 y = 0; y < TextHeight; y++)
                      {
                          PixelArray.Add(RawColorArray[x* TextWidth + y]);
                      }
                  }

RawImageData->Unlock();
                  return true;

}
              My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_SavePixels:
              Code:
              bool ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_SavePNGtoFile(const FString & FullFilePath, int32 Width, int32 Height, const TArray<FLinearColor>& ImagePixels, bool sRGB, FString & ErrorString)
              {
                  if (FullFilePath.Len() < 1)
                  {
                      ErrorString = "No File Path";
                      return false;
                  }

FString NewAbsoluteFolderPath = FPaths::GetPath(FullFilePath);
                  FPaths::NormalizeDirectoryName(NewAbsoluteFolderPath);
                  if (!CreateDirectory(NewAbsoluteFolderPath))
                  {
                      ErrorString = "Folder could not be created, cheack read/write permissions-: " + NewAbsoluteFolderPath;
                      return false;
                  }

TArray<FColor> ColorArray;

for (const FLinearColor& Each : ImagePixels)
                  {
                      ColorArray.Add(Each.ToFColor(sRGB));
                  }

if (ColorArray.Num() != Width * Height)
                  {
                      ErrorString = "Error: height x width is not equal to the total pixel array length.";
                      return false;
                  }

FString FinalFileName = FPaths::GetBaseFilename(FullFilePath, false);
                  FinalFileName += ".png";

TArray<uint8> CompressedPNG;
                  FImageUtils::CompressImageArray(Width, Height, ColorArray, CompressedPNG);

return FFileHelper::SaveArrayToFile(CompressedPNG, *FinalFileName);

}

However after testing these, all of my tests say nothing is going wrong, it makes it through the blueprint without error, and through the code as well, and everything appears to be working correctly, but there is no new .png file created in the directory. Upon further inspection of your source code I found that you have a comment that says that at some point these functions did not work for unknown reasons. Are they still not working or have you fixed that issue? If so, what have I done wrong?

​​​​​​​All credit for this implementation will go to you of course.

Comment

Originally posted by NMiksaGolden View Post
                Hello Rama,

I was trying to implement a way for the user to upload images from their drive to a local folder in the contents folder.
                I'm attempting to do this by using 3 functions from your library:
                UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile to
                UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_GetPixelFromT2D to
                UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_SavePixels

Here it is in Blueprint:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RamaQuestionCapture.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	1679333

And here are the code snippets:
                My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile:
                Code:
                UTexture2D * ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_LoadTextureFromFilePixels(const FString & FullFilePath, EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat, bool & IsValid, int32 & Width, int32 & Height, TArray<FLinearColor>& OutPixels)
                {
                OutPixels.Empty();

IsValid = false;
                UTexture2D* LoadedTexture = nullptr;

IImageWrapperModule& ImageWrapperModule = FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked<IImageWrapperModule>(FName("ImageWrapper"));
                TSharedPtr<IImageWrapper> ImageWrapper = ImageWrapperModule.CreateImageWrapper(GetImageFormat(ImageFormat));

TArray<uint8> RawFileData;

if (!FFileHelper::LoadFileToArray(RawFileData, *FullFilePath))
                {
                return nullptr;
                }

if (ImageWrapper.IsValid() && ImageWrapper->SetCompressed(RawFileData.GetData(), RawFileData.Num()))
                {
                const TArray<uint8>* UncompressedBGRA = nullptr;
                if (ImageWrapper->GetRaw(ERGBFormat::BGRA, 8, UncompressedBGRA))
                {
                LoadedTexture = UTexture2D::CreateTransient(ImageWrapper->GetWidth(), ImageWrapper->GetHeight(), PF_B8G8R8A8);

if (!LoadedTexture)
                {
                return nullptr;
                }

Width = ImageWrapper->GetWidth();
                Height = ImageWrapper->GetHeight();

void* TextureData = LoadedTexture->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Lock(LOCK_READ_WRITE);
                FMemory::Memcpy(TextureData, UncompressedBGRA->GetData(), UncompressedBGRA->Num());
                LoadedTexture->PlatformData->Mips[0].BulkData.Unlock();

LoadedTexture->UpdateResource();
                }
                }

IsValid = true;
                return LoadedTexture;

}

My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_GetPixelFromT2D:
                Code:
                bool ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_GetPixelsFromText2D(UTexture2D * T2D, int32 & TextWidth, int32 & TextHeight, TArray<FLinearColor>& PixelArray)
                {
                if (!T2D)
                {
                return false;
                }

PixelArray.Empty();

T2D->SRGB = false;
                T2D->CompressionSettings = TC_VectorDisplacementmap;

T2D->UpdateResource();

FTexture2DMipMap& MyMipMap = T2D->PlatformData->Mips[0];
                TextWidth = MyMipMap.SizeX;
                TextHeight = MyMipMap.SizeY;

FByteBulkData* RawImageData = &MyMipMap.BulkData;

if (!RawImageData)
                {
                return false;
                }

FColor* RawColorArray = static_cast<FColor*>(RawImageData->Lock(LOCK_READ_ONLY));

for (int32 x = 0; x < TextWidth; x++)
                {
                for (int32 y = 0; y < TextHeight; y++)
                {
                PixelArray.Add(RawColorArray[x* TextWidth + y]);
                }
                }

RawImageData->Unlock();
                return true;

}
                My implementation of UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Victory_SavePixels:
                Code:
                bool ULSI_FilePickerLibrary::LSI_SavePNGtoFile(const FString & FullFilePath, int32 Width, int32 Height, const TArray<FLinearColor>& ImagePixels, bool sRGB, FString & ErrorString)
                {
                if (FullFilePath.Len() < 1)
                {
                ErrorString = "No File Path";
                return false;
                }

FString NewAbsoluteFolderPath = FPaths::GetPath(FullFilePath);
                FPaths::NormalizeDirectoryName(NewAbsoluteFolderPath);
                if (!CreateDirectory(NewAbsoluteFolderPath))
                {
                ErrorString = "Folder could not be created, cheack read/write permissions-: " + NewAbsoluteFolderPath;
                return false;
                }

TArray<FColor> ColorArray;

for (const FLinearColor& Each : ImagePixels)
                {
                ColorArray.Add(Each.ToFColor(sRGB));
                }

if (ColorArray.Num() != Width * Height)
                {
                ErrorString = "Error: height x width is not equal to the total pixel array length.";
                return false;
                }

FString FinalFileName = FPaths::GetBaseFilename(FullFilePath, false);
                FinalFileName += ".png";

TArray<uint8> CompressedPNG;
                FImageUtils::CompressImageArray(Width, Height, ColorArray, CompressedPNG);

return FFileHelper::SaveArrayToFile(CompressedPNG, *FinalFileName);

}

However after testing these, all of my tests say nothing is going wrong, it makes it through the blueprint without error, and through the code as well, and everything appears to be working correctly, but there is no new .png file created in the directory. Upon further inspection of your source code I found that you have a comment that says that at some point these functions did not work for unknown reasons. Are they still not working or have you fixed that issue? If so, what have I done wrong?

​​​​​​​All credit for this implementation will go to you of course.
                if you just want to move a file into the content folder of the project, why not use a file copy on the system? As of what your code does it is overcomplicated and slow compared to just a file copy
                DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
                WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
                NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
                SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
                UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
                RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

if you just want to move a file into the content folder of the project, why not use a file copy on the system? As of what your code does it is overcomplicated and slow compared to just a file copy
                  Didn't realize I could do that, I'll give that a shot
                  Last edited by NMiksaGolden; 10-29-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Is there a way to do that without source control? This is a local project and I'm the only one working on it.

Comment

Didn't realize I could do that, I'll give that a shot
                      https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ger/index.html

I don't know why Unreal does not expose file operations to Blueprint, but might have reasons, eg. that Mods created with Blueprint are not able to damage the filesystem.

As of Unreal 4.23 Unreal has exposed SourceControl functionality to Blueprint. MAYBE that works for you. Not sure what a Copy File would actually do in this case.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Unbenannt.png Views:	0 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	1679380

Comment

I don't know why Unreal does not expose file operations to Blueprint, but might have reasons, eg. that Mods created with Blueprint are not able to damage the filesystem.

As of Unreal 4.23 Unreal has exposed SourceControl functionality to Blueprint. MAYBE that works for you. Not sure what a Copy File would actually do in this case.

Click image for larger version Name:	Unbenannt.png Views:	0 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	1679380
                        Yes I found those, but I'm not using any source control on this project as I am the only one working on it. So it is local. Do you know of anyway to do this with all local files, so I don't have to enable source control for this.

Comment

Yes I found those, but I'm not using any source control on this project as I am the only one working on it. So it is local. Do you know of anyway to do this with all local files, so I don't have to enable source control for this.

ALWAYS USE SOURCE CONTROL! Also when working solo
                          https://softwareengineering.stackexc...ersion-control

Perforce is free for 5 User and 20 Workspaces when working locally.
                          Last edited by Rumbleball; 10-29-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

no. i dont thing so

Comment

Is LoadStringToFile broken in 4.23? It always return blank. My file is "e:\myfile.txt".
                              Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
                              [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
                              Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X