Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rama.
    First of all, let me thank you for the great help you have provided to all of us with your Victory!
    I've seen you load texture from file nodes, and I'm wondering if there are any nodes that load all the image files from a folder, and then add them to an array or something? For example, I would provide the Folder location and Name, and then I might be able to read the contents of that folder ( Files and images included ?).
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by strezoiu View Post
      Hello Rama.
      First of all, let me thank you for the great help you have provided to all of us with your Victory!
      I've seen you load texture from file nodes, and I'm wondering if there are any nodes that load all the image files from a folder, and then add them to an array or something? For example, I would provide the Folder location and Name, and then I might be able to read the contents of that folder ( Files and images included ?).
      Thanks.
      That would not be too hard to add, I will work on that as soon as I can, but that might be awhile since I am deep in development my physics based multiplayer game

Originally posted by lalleba View Post
      Hey, thanks for this super useful plugin Rama. I got a question about packaging the project. I'm trying to package a win64 development build. But I keep getting errors.

I've tried hard to solve this by reading the forum, and to some success. I seem to have figured out that I needed to put the plugin folders inside the respective folder in the UE_4.20 engine folder instead of having it inside the project folder itself. Hope that is correct. But after getting rid of those errors I seem to be hitting a wall when trying to package.

This is the error that got me perplexed:
      ERROR: Unable to determine module type for F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (referenced via DTH.uproject -> VictoryBPLibrary.uplugin)

I attached the full output log in the post.

Would greatly appreciate any assistance on this.
      P.S. It's a UE 4.20.3 blueprint project and I'm only using the node "Victory load texture 2D from file" if that is of any importance.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I was able to solve this issue by packaging the project as a "shipping build" instead of a "development build". Hope this can be of help for someone else!

Welcome to the UE4 forums! And thanks for posting your solution!

Rama

~~~

Upgrade to 4.21 Is Underway

In process!

Rama
      Last edited by Rama; 11-09-2018, 01:00 AM.
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

4.21 Is Live!

Yes!!!!

4.21 (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
        https://www.mediafire.com/file/ryxdp...gin21.zip/file

Spoiler

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Can someone upload 4.15 version please? link is broken.

Comment

I just want to make a suggestion: I have added Append to the to the Save String Text to File functions. I am by no means a programmer but these do work and I make sure to add them every time I use Victory. You just need to replace the functions in 2 files and recompile. Its just a slightly easier way instead of appending an array and overwriting.
            VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:
            Code:
            bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::FileIO__SaveStringTextToFile(
                FString SaveDirectory,
                FString JoyfulFileName,
                FString SaveText,
                bool AllowOverWriting,
                bool Append
            ) {
                if (!FPlatformFileManager::Get().GetPlatformFile().CreateDirectoryTree(*SaveDirectory))
                {
                    //Could not make the specified directory
                    return false;
                    //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                }

//get complete file path
                SaveDirectory += "\\";
                SaveDirectory += JoyfulFileName;

//No over-writing?
                if (!AllowOverWriting)
                {
                    //Check if file exists already
                    if (FPlatformFileManager::Get().GetPlatformFile().FileExists(*SaveDirectory))
                    {
                        //no overwriting
                        return false;
                    }
                }
                if (!Append)
                {
                    return FFileHelper::SaveStringToFile(SaveText, *SaveDirectory);
                }

return FFileHelper::SaveStringToFile(SaveText, *SaveDirectory, FFileHelper::EEncodingOptions::AutoDetect, &IFileManager::Get(), EFileWrite::FILEWRITE_Append);
            }
            bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::FileIO__SaveStringArrayToFile(FString SaveDirectory, FString JoyfulFileName, TArray<FString> SaveText, bool AllowOverWriting, bool Append)
            {
                //Dir Exists?
                if (!VCreateDirectory(SaveDirectory))
                {
                    //Could not make the specified directory
                    return false;
                    //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                }

//get complete file path
                SaveDirectory += "\\";
                SaveDirectory += JoyfulFileName;

//No over-writing?
                if (!AllowOverWriting)
                {
                    //Check if file exists already
                    if (FPlatformFileManager::Get().GetPlatformFile().FileExists(*SaveDirectory))
                    {
                        //no overwriting
                        return false;
                    }
                }

FString FinalStr = "";
                for (FString& Each : SaveText)
                {
                    FinalStr += Each;
                    FinalStr += LINE_TERMINATOR;
                }

if (!Append)
                {
                    return FFileHelper::SaveStringToFile(FinalStr, *SaveDirectory);
                }

return FFileHelper::SaveStringToFile(FinalStr, *SaveDirectory, FFileHelper::EEncodingOptions::AutoDetect, &IFileManager::Get(), EFileWrite::FILEWRITE_Append);

}
            VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h:
            Code:
                /** Saves text to filename of your choosing, make sure include whichever file extension you want in the filename, ex: SelfNotes.txt . Make sure to include the entire file path in the save directory, ex: C:\MyGameDir\BPSavedTextFiles */
                UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Victory BP Library|File IO")
                    static bool FileIO__SaveStringTextToFile(FString SaveDirectory, FString JoyfulFileName, FString SaveText, bool AllowOverWriting = false, bool Append = false);

/** Saves multiple Strings to filename of your choosing, with each string on its own line! Make sure include whichever file extension you want in the filename, ex: SelfNotes.txt . Make sure to include the entire file path in the save directory, ex: C:\MyGameDir\BPSavedTextFiles */
                UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Victory BP Library|File IO")
                    static bool FileIO__SaveStringArrayToFile(FString SaveDirectory, FString JoyfulFileName, TArray<FString> SaveText, bool AllowOverWriting = false, bool Append = false);

Comment

Originally posted by strezoiu View Post
              Hello Rama.
              Thanks.
              Not Rama, but I can answer this. Yes. The node Joy File IO Get Files will get all files in a given directory with optional ext filter. That will give you an array of strings that you could ForLoop through and load them into a Texture2D array. I set our Load location through the Game.ini and used Get Custom Config Var String to set the given directory for the Get Files

Comment

is there a way to uninstall this plugin? when i disable it , i cant open editor cause crashes all time

Comment

Originally posted by Rollocasual View Post
                  is there a way to uninstall this plugin? when i disable it , i cant open editor cause crashes all time
                  If you installed it in your project simply remove the directory from your plugin folder. Check your .uproject file too and make sure its not listed there... I think that's it..!

teak
                  "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                  -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post

If you installed it in your project simply remove the directory from your plugin folder. Check your .uproject file too and make sure its not listed there... I think that's it..!

teak
                    I did it , when editor restarts it crashes all time )=

Comment

Originally posted by Rollocasual View Post

I did it , when editor restarts it crashes all time )=
                      Does it crash on ANY project that you load? Or, just the project that had the plugin?
                      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by tungsonmtp View Post
                        That's an excellent answer to my question. Thank you.
                        Originally posted by Rama View Post
                        Victory Plugin 4.16

Dear Community,

Here is Victory Plugin 4.16!

~~~

Download Links

4.16 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
                        https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                        2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                        3. Win32 Development
                        4. Win32 Shipping

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

4.14: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7915cu...ryPlugin14.zip

4.15: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nne04gd74emnzu

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                        http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Thanks, I shall be doing so!

Comment

4.21 Is Live!

Yes!!!!

Spoiler

Rama
                          Yes thank you!

Comment

Just want to write a thanks, Rama. Reading through this thread, you got a billion people pulling at you and asking you questions- but you got this under control, and always up to date in such a professional manner. Kudos, kudos.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Originally posted by Sertac Ogan View Post

Yes thank you!
                              You're welcome!
                              ​​​
                              Originally posted by Chaosian View Post
                              Just want to write a thanks, Rama. Reading through this thread, you got a billion people pulling at you and asking you questions- but you got this under control, and always up to date in such a professional manner. Kudos, kudos.
                              Hee hee, thanks!

Rama

Comment

4.21 Is Live!

Yes!!!!

Spoiler

Rama
                                Quick comment on version for 4.21 as it applies to Android. I get errors during compile, but was able to correct.

I did this by commenting out #include "DestructibleComponent.h" in VictoryBPFUnctionLibrary.cpp as well as the ENTIRE function (same file): bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::VictoryDestructible_DestroyChunk(UDestructibleComponent* DestructibleComp, int32 HitItem)
                                Begin the comment out *before* the Bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary and after the last fence after the return false.

As most everyone knows Android doesn't do Apex destruct, it builds. ;-)

I do note Rama did best to try to #if / #endif these out to not conflict with Android, but it needed a bit more snipping. Perhaps moving those around instead of commenting would work as well. I just got it to compile, haven't actually tested the Blueprints, but it looks like a boon to me - I'm getting this for the first time to load runtime textures; wish me luck on figuring it out! I do note too that the code is well commented, but wonder (no, I haven't read all of these comments, perhaps I missed it) if there is any readme or documentation?

Thanks Rama for all the functions!

Rob Milliken

Comment

Working...
                                X