Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el zee View Post
    I get this error when trying to do a build. Tried it in a blank project with just the victory plugin and UE 4.20.1

Spoiler

This I think being the relevant thing that fails:

ProcessResult.StdOut: Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::DrawCircle(class UObject *,struct FVector,float,int,float,struct FLinearColor,struct FVector,struct FVector,float,bool)" (?DrawCircle@UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary@@SAXPEAVUObject@@UFVector@@MHMUFLinearColor@@11M_N@Z)

Anyone else having this issue? or have I done something bad :P
    Dear el zee ,

Sorry there's a bug on Epic's end with the packaging system in 4.20, the shipping binaries are not going to the output folder

I have updated the file with the shipping binaries so you can package the game with the plugin
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/advi8v...gin20.zip/file

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 08-07-2018, 07:45 PM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by MrCheese View Post

It's very much appreciated.

Will you be taking a look at the new skeletal mesh code? I've spent months trying to find out how to solve a problem and getting nowhere, I can't get it to give me the vert locations that include morph target changes. I think that if you put the Get Verts BP node back in, it might do that now.
      I do not think that info can be acquired, the morph targeting is happening on the GPU only so it is not available to the CPU

Rama

PS: Sorry wish I had better news like bunny rabbits running for all government positions and winning
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

Sorry there's a bug on Epic's end with the packaging system in 4.20 ...
        Thanks so much for that Rama. I thought I'd done something wrong lmao. Always appreciate the hard work you do on this plugin

Comment

I do not think that info can be acquired, the morph targeting is happening on the GPU only so it is not available to the CPU

Rama

PS: Sorry wish I had better news like bunny rabbits running for all government positions and winning
          There is an option to switch morphs between being GPU and CPU, is that defunct? I also think they given us a way to access the GPU data with the updates.

hat I really need is UDN access, like I was promised, but they stopped answering my emails.

Comment

Originally posted by h3dvr View Post
            Rama and forum community
            Thank you all for all your documentations and explanations; they all see very thorough.

We have a project that has over 2K trees in it in which I have selected all the objects and chose to use one static mesh. But as you all know, that means I still have 2K+ actors in my scene.

I downloaded the bplibrary plugin of Victory for v4.18 and UE4 runs fine. However I don't see how to use the instance static mesh plugin. Do I need the VPEditor to do this action? If so it seems the latest build is for 4.16 so I can not use it in v4.18.

Any help is much appreciated!

_Greg
            I have the same question, working in 4.19, if anyone is able to help I'd greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Where do go for Rama Save Game marketplace plugin support?

Comment

New Node: Load Texture 2D From File!

JPG, PNG, BMP, ICO, EXR, and ICNS are Supported File Formats !

With this node you can load a Texture 2D from a file during runtime!
                How could I restructure this so that I simply get the file based on its location in the content folder of my project? I like to move my projects and files around.

We are also making an android and ios game, so I will not be able to use your plugin, as it causes errors when packaging to those platforms.
                Last edited by Raptagon Studios; 08-17-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

For 4.20.1 where should all the files by placed. I'm not too familiar with anything outside of the editor. Should everything go into the "Plugins" folder? Does "Build" in the "Intermediate" just go into the project's Intermediate folder? Where should the Binaries, resources, Source, and VictoryBPLibaray.uplugin go?

Comment

This has been a helpful set of nodes. I am creating an installation piece in which users can answer a few questions (in-game) at the end of a VR experience. Writing to a Config file using 'set/get custom config variable' seemed to work great in tests and was successfully storing the results. After packaging the game and deploying the installation, I realized that that the Config file is sometimes not being saved and/or is possibly wiped and all of the survey results are lost.

Because the experience is self sustaining, the computer boots up, launches the game, and shuts down on its own at night. I'm doing more tests but I believe it may have something to do with the computer shutting down that's clearing the Game.ini file. Any ideas on a fix or alternative solution? Is an ini not like a text file that can just be written to and closed off/saved?

This may be a bit of a niche use case, but being able to write and read a CSV file during game play would be awesome for something like this.
                    Last edited by HidingGlass; 08-22-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Edit: So apparently it's possible to rebind keys in blueprints without plugins now, never mind the earlier question.
                      Last edited by lqlwlelrltlyl; 08-27-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Save String Array To File

The previous String File IO could only save a single line of text, even if you put "\n" into your string

So I've made a new node that lets you save multiple lines of text to file.

Each FString of the array is on its own line in the file!

See pic!

Enjoy!

Rama

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44453[/ATTACH]

~~~

Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.91 mb)
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

~~~

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note clicking this link will not start a download instantly, it will just take you to the Media Fire file description.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Enjoy!

Rama
                        Hi Rama!

Can this node be used to create a spreadsheet format of info? example: Click image for larger version

Name:	Rama.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1520553
                        I want to be able to populate columns and rows. Otherwise, this is a fantastic plugin!

Thanks!

Comment

Rama, can you put a BP for "get project version"? 0:

Comment

Hi Rama,
                            thank you very much for your great work here.

I am new here in UE4 and I'm no coder, still a newbie in blueprints.

for the Save String Array To File function.

I tried with Android and set the saving directory to
                            /storage/emulated/text unfortunately, it does not create the .txt file in the directory.

also, I need this same function to work in iOS too.

I know my question is kinda out of line. But I really need this function for my current project.

thank you very much.
                            Last edited by ansonkit; 09-07-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Rama,

Why can your Victory plugin not be found on the Unreal Engine Marketplace?

Also, when opening someone else's project that has the Victory plugin listed as a dependency, it asks if I'd like to download the plugin, which re-directs to a url "ue4code.com". However, ue4code.com does not contain any link to download the Victory plugin. Please update this website or change the url.

Lastly, the first post in this thread (top of page 1) lists "4.19 Build" (in bold text) as the latest, but then links to a download for 4.20. You should update your text "4.19 Build" to say "4.20 Build".

Comment

hi ben uses this for a while now just updated Engine and come across this,

C:\Ue4_4.20\4.20s\Engine\Plugins\VictoryPlugin20\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Ue4_4.20\4.20s\Engine\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public' does not exist.
                                PackagingResults: Warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Ue4_4.20\4.20s\Engine\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public' does not exist.

Wondering if someone could Guide me in the Right Direction

Comment

Working...
                                X