Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nawega88 View Post
    Hi.
    First of all great work Rama!

I'm trying to port my game to Linux, using cross platform tools. Packing goes well, but when I try to run game on Linux I'm getting error in terminal.

Code:
    [2017.05.22-11.12.02:360][ 0]LogProperty:Error: Struct type unknown for property 'StructProperty /Game/Blueprints/VRPlayerController.VRPlayerController_C:ExecuteUbergraph_VRPlayerController.CallFunc_VictoryGetAllActionKeyBindings_Bindings.CallFunc_VictoryGetAllActionKeyBindings_Bindings'; perhaps the USTRUCT() was renamed or deleted?
    I'm using UE4.14, windows version of game works well.
    I fix this issue by adding "UMG", "Slate", "SlateCore" module to PublicDependencyModuleNames in myproject.build.cs

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Skipper Games View Post
      Hi,
      I just tested the 4.19 release and I see that the "AnimatedVertex__GetAnimatedVertexLocations" node has been removed.

I hoped that all I'd have to do was add the code back into the cpp/h files, however it's failing to compile at: Mesh->ComputeSkinnedPositions(Locations); stating that it "function does not take 1 arguments".

I just wondered how I can fix this (what other arguments is it after?), or whether there's an alternative way to get the array of vertices.

Thanks.
      They've reworked that quite a lot, it's now:

static void ComputeSkinnedPositions
      (
      USkinnedMeshComponent * Component,
      TArray < FVector > & OutPositions,
      TArray < FMatrix > & CachedRefToLocals,
      const FSkeletalMeshLODRenderData & LODData,
      const FSkinWeightVertexBuffer & SkinWeightBuffer
      )

That's changed a lot and I haven't had time to learn how it works now. I'll be giving it another go soon though, because I want to use it with Niagara.

Comment

It looks like this is a bit too complicated for me. I've found out where all that data lives now, but it looks like I can't access it without suspending the rendering. I have no idea how to do that.
        Last edited by MrCheese; 06-12-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Rama, I'm wondering does your latest version(19) still have the vertex snap tools bundled? It doesn't mention it in the Plugin description within the plugins manager in the engine. If I enable the plugin and restart with the DefaultEngine.ini edited as you say in the snap tool install instructions the editor crashes on start.

Here are the log errors:
          [2018.06.18-08.30.05:993][ 0]LogPython: Error: No module named 'ue_site'
          [2018.06.18-08.30.06:335][ 0]LogLinker: Warning: Can't find file '/Script/VictoryEdEngine'
          [2018.06.18-08.30.06:335][ 0]LogLinker: Warning: Can't find file '/Script/VictoryEdEngine'
          [2018.06.18-08.30.06:335][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine'

EDIT: sorry, that missing script is in your older Snap Tools VictoryEdEngine zip. That's what's confusing me. Is the Vertex snap tool now absent from the latest 4.19 build?

Thanks for these amazing tools. The vert snaps tool should have been added natively a long time ago.
          Last edited by musashidan; 06-18-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X