Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rama!

I'm doing a project with Unreal 4.17 and I've downloaded and added the plugin version 4.17 and it's not working. Appears a message saying that "this project requires the 'VictoryBPLibrary' plugin, which is not compatible with the current engine version". Why this happens? It's just download the plugin and add it to Unreal 4.17 plugin folder right?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Dear Community,

Hi Everyone!

It is lovely to hear from you all

I would appreciate help in addressing everyone's questions because I am currently very busy with the game I am making and pushing toward a public debut soon.

~~~

Originally posted by Mr-Manly View Post
      Does anyone have a version of the VictoryED engine running for 4.18?
      I tried to compile it from source files to work with 4.18, but it seems a lot of changes has been made with how UE handles plugins so I keep running into some issues that are pretty unsolvable for a newbie like me

​​​​​​
      Originally posted by h3dvr View Post
      Rama and forum community
      Thank you all for all your documentations and explanations; they all see very thorough.

We have a project that has over 2K trees in it in which I have selected all the objects and chose to use one static mesh. But as you all know, that means I still have 2K+ actors in my scene.

I downloaded the bplibrary plugin of Victory for v4.18 and UE4 runs fine. However I don't see how to use the instance static mesh plugin. Do I need the VPEditor to do this action? If so it seems the latest build is for 4.16 so I can not use it in v4.18.

Any help is much appreciated!

_Greg
      The Instanced Static Mesh editor is a different plugin that I've not yet updated to 4.18
      Last edited by Rama; 02-26-2018, 11:54 PM.
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Rama,

It might be an idea to check your links on Page 1. From what I can see, there is no link to the latest version (those links should perhaps all be in the OP, all the varying versions) but instead a link to an older post in this thread with not up to date versions (ie: 4.17, etc).

The way I found 4.18 version was to scroll this backwards from the end. (A search may have found it too, but my point is the OP from what I can tell is leading people into some issues)

Comment

Originally posted by generalkorn12 View Post
          So I've got a really basic setup just to test the screenshot blueprints present in the Rama's plugin, but whenever I check my folder directory the screenshots are not being printed at all.

Any ideas to where I'm going wrong would be really appreciated.
          Hello, can you solve this problem? I also encountered the same problem

Comment

Excuse me, I'm using this plugin to get the scene screenshot, but my return value is always false, may I ask what is the reason. I use the 4.18

Comment

Rama can you please work this custom sound node into your plugin?

New SoundNode to easily determine local vs. remote player or bots in Unreal Engine 4.

Comment

Wow, I haven't been on the forums for a long while and it is amazing to see that you are still updating this plugin Rama! You're the best!

Comment

I'm wondering if there is a way to get the vertex stress of a skeletal mesh using a similar method like your get-vertex-position function. That could finally solve the problem with setting up wrinkle mapping in Unreal without a dozen mask textures.

Comment

In regard to the Load Texture 2d From File node...

If I want my images to be stored in a player-accessible folder, where should I store these and how would I get the path?
                    After poking around some more, I'm having the same issue with the Load String Array From File node, I have a list of names in there I'd like to load, but can't seem to find the correct path to the file.

I basically want the player to be able to add character portraits (and names) to the game that can be pulled at random in-game.
                    Last edited by Axebeard; 03-05-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ph33x View Post
                      It might be an idea to check your links on Page 1. From what I can see, there is no link to the latest version (those links should perhaps all be in the OP, all the varying versions) but instead a link to an older post in this thread with not up to date versions (ie: 4.17, etc).

The way I found 4.18 version was to scroll this backwards from the end. (A search may have found it too, but my point is the OP from what I can tell is leading people into some issues)
                      Ahh that's a good point

Originally posted by HaxO View Post
                      Wow, I haven't been on the forums for a long while and it is amazing to see that you are still updating this plugin Rama! You're the best!
                      Hee hee! Lovely to hear from you HaxO ! And nice to see you around again!

Rama
                      Last edited by Rama; 03-08-2018, 11:14 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Hey Rama,

Your plugin looks awesome. Can I get clarification on if it works for Android and/or IOS? You state in the original post that it's Win32 and 64 only and I wanted to check if that's still the case.

-Nigel

Comment

hey Rama would you be able to make a custom Widget interaction Component / 3d widget, that will allow Clients to Simulate Server Touch , Press or Click Event on 3d Widgets , this feature is still broken since 4.6 / 4.13.
                          Willing to pay for this to get created
                          Last edited by Mr_Tea_Rexx; 03-14-2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Rama 4.19 came out today, will there be an update soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Tea-Rexx View Post
                              hey Rama would you be able to make a custom Widget interaction Component / 3d widget, that will allow Clients to Simulate Server Touch , Press or Click Event on 3d Widgets , this feature is still broken since 4.6 / 4.13.
                              Willing to pay for this to get created
                              Can you explain more about what this feature used to do? Do you think it was disabled for security reasons?

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 03-16-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

4.19 Is Here!!!

I show all downloads in the first post now:

4.19 Victory Plugin
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...uired#post4014

changes:

GetHeadMountedDisplayDeviceType now returns an FName as per an Epic change

I kept the enum so you can follow your code/Blueprints and adapt to the new system which is just an FName, but you can't use a switch case on enum any more, you will have to use a switch on string and convert the FName to a string.

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X