Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Created a PR for this:

My particular application is to scan a folder for all Blueprints, which contains all the "equipment" that can be added during customization in-game.

This prevents me from creating a lookup table, or manually adding in what I hope to be hundreds of parts.

Code:
    Header :
    Code:
    /**
    * Get UClass from assets found with AssetManager (Purple Class node)
    * Use this to get Assets by Path, Class Type ect.
    * Use GET ASSET REGISTRY node -> GET ASSETS node -> as your input to this
    * Using correct class checking and casting, this can be used for spawning actors, getting class defaults, using textures, sounds ect.
    * COOKED BUILDS: : Make sure your assets/folders are manually added to cooked build if they are not used directly in Editor.
    * On-the-fly asset list creation or add DLC content, no lookup tables!
    */

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Victory BP Library|Misc")
    static TArray<UClass*> GetClassFromAssetData(UPARAM(ref) TArray<FAssetData>& InAssetData);
    Cpp
    Code:
    // Get UClass from asset in AssetRegistry
    TArray<UClass*> UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetClassFromAssetData(TArray<FAssetData>& InAssetData)
    {
        TArray<UClass*> ClassArrayOut;
        ClassArrayOut.Empty();
        // Iterate over retrieved blueprint assets
        for (FAssetData asset : InAssetData)
        {
            FString ObjPath = asset.ObjectPath.ToString().Append("_C");
            UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Object path is : %s"), *ObjPath);
            UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Trying to return BPClass!"));

//Get UClass
            ClassArrayOut.Add(StaticLoadClass(UObject::StaticClass(), NULL, *ObjPath, NULL, LOAD_None, NULL));
        }

return ClassArrayOut;

}
    Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 11-18-2017, 01:09 AM. Reason: Updated code
    Free Environment Plugin Project (Ocean Project) || Join us on Discord! || Includes: Time/Sky/Ocean/Fish/Buoyancy plugins
    ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU
    Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

Comment

Examples:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	386.5 KB ID:	1387867Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	310.5 KB ID:	1387868
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	101
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	1387872Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	98
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	1387873
      Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 11-18-2017, 01:05 AM.
      Free Environment Plugin Project (Ocean Project) || Join us on Discord! || Includes: Time/Sky/Ocean/Fish/Buoyancy plugins
      ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU
      Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

Comment

I was doing some debugging and found it frustrating to miss some single frame events on the screen, so I modified the code so I could append to a file and store all events and just search for the relevant one later. There's a PR for this.

Also, any ideas on how to record (and save) a video of the scene from a specific camera (not necessarily the user's viewpoint camera)?
        I'm currently thinking of taking screenshots and using OpenCV to create a video since using the `shot` command is just too slow. I need the videos to be full resolution, something like a "Save Action Replay" but without the hassle of tracking all actors' details.

Comment

Dear EvoPulseGaming and KunalTyagi ,

Thank you for your contributions, and welcome to the UE4 forums!

I've already processed KunalTyagi Linux contributions, thank you again!

I will process EvoPulseGaming 's PR soon

Have fun today!
          ​​​​​​​

Rama
          UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Hello, Rama! You stated the the plugin is Content-Only. What should I do if I have a C++ based project? I really need your plugin. Thanks in advance!

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Midsoft Inc. View Post
              Hello, Rama! You stated the the plugin is Content-Only. What should I do if I have a C++ based project? I really need your plugin. Thanks in advance!

~Michael
              With a C++ project you can still use this plugin like with any other project. You can compile the code with your project if you want (from here: https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin) or you can just grab the binaries and throw them in the <project name>/Plugins directory. Or the Engine/Plugins directory for the engine itself. Since I do multiple projects and want to have a common plugin, I throw it in Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin.
              Cameron Abt
              CEO
              Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

I cant use this plugin in my 4.16.3 project
                I get this when i use the nodes and try to restart.

Code:
                Assertion failed: NewOperatorInputA [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\BlueprintGraph\Private\K2Node_CommutativeAssociativeBinaryOperator.cpp] [Line: 287]

KERNELBASE
                UE4Editor_Core
                UE4Editor_Core
                UE4Editor_Core
                UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_KismetCompiler
                UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_AirSim!ConstructorHelpersInternal::FindOrLoadClass() [d:\unrealversjons\ue_4.16\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\constructorhelpers.h:86]
                UE4Editor_AirSim!ConstructorHelpers::FClassFinder<APIPCamera>::FClassFinder<APIPCamera>() [d:\unrealversjons\ue_4.16\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\constructorhelpers.h:159]
                UE4Editor_AirSim!ACarPawn::ACarPawn() [d:\marius\airsim\airsim ue4 directory\airsimrendertarget\plugins\airsim\source\car\carpawn.cpp:158]
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_CoreUObject
                UE4Editor_Core
                UE4Editor_Core
                UE4Editor_Projects
                UE4Editor_Projects
                UE4Editor_Projects
                UE4Editor
                UE4Editor
                UE4Editor
                UE4Editor
                UE4Editor
                UE4Editor
                kernel32
                ntdll

EDIT:

Why is this happening?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	cant find vitctory.png
Views:	118
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1386640
                Last edited by milkman penta; 11-15-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

oppne it looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you double check that it is? What nodes are causing the editor to crash?
                  Cameron Abt
                  CEO
                  Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Abt View Post
                    oppne it looks like the plugin is not enabled. Can you double check that it is? What nodes are causing the editor to crash?
                    The plugin is enabled, anywhere placing any node from victory plugin causes this.

EDIT:

If you wanna know, i got the airsim plugin from microsoft as well, and im trying to place the logic inside a gamemode blueprints from airsim, but this is the weird thing:
                    The victory blueprints work, UNTILL, i start putting in pause nodes and making the event tickable under pause, but the most weird thing is that after i unticked it and removed the pause nodes, it still crashes when trying to start. I have to unplug the victory nodes to start the project again.
                    Last edited by milkman penta; 11-16-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

The 4.18 download link appears to not be working. I tried the older links and they work fine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: It's working now, must have been a mediafire issue.
                      Last edited by jzela; 11-17-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the 4.18 build, Rama!

Comment

You've probably been asked this a lot but I couldn't find an answer: is there any reason why you haven't released this to the marketplace? It'd certainly make installation easier.

Comment

Hello there!,
                            i have 2>F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(51): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'DestructibleComponent.h': No such file or directory
                            Last edited by Adrien; 11-23-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I seems my Target.Platform is not setup correctly for some reasons

(issus with //APEX EXCLUSIONS
                              /*if (Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.Android && Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.HTML5 && Target.Platform != UnrealTargetPlatform.IOS))

Comment

I've finished my development and now I'm testing iOS deployment from my Mac.

If I go to the plugins window and go "package" it fails with the following output:

Code:
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): Running AutomationTool...
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): Setting up Mono
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): Compiling AutomationTool with xbuild
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/AutomationTool.csproj /p:Configuration=Development /p:Platform=AnyCPU /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkProfile=
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.CSharp.targets: error : Error executing tool '/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mono/4.5/mcs.exe': ApplicationName='/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mo
                                no/4.5/mcs.exe', CommandLine='/noconfig @/var/folders/_m/2y0661f10jn4hbzjp9bzfg_80000gn/T/tmp7ed7821.tmp', CurrentDirectory='/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Source/Programs/DotNETCommon/DotNETUtilities', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): _wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x6053
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.CSharp.targets: error : Error executing tool '/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mono/4.5/mcs.exe': ApplicationName='/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Mono/Mac/lib/mo
                                no/4.5/mcs.exe', CommandLine='/noconfig @/var/folders/_m/2y0661f10jn4hbzjp9bzfg_80000gn/T/tmp6c804dfd.tmp', CurrentDirectory='/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): _wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x6066
                                no/4.5/mcs.exe', CommandLine='/noconfig @/var/folders/_m/2y0661f10jn4hbzjp9bzfg_80000gn/T/tmp413bb6f6.tmp', CurrentDirectory='/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Source/Programs/AutomationTool/AutomationUtils', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): _wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x6079
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): _wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x607a
                                UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Mac): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool failed to compile.
                                I'm green and fresh to Mac builds - is anyone able to tell me what's likely to be going on here? It seems like it can't find something.

I ended up solving it by copying out the method I needed to a new plugin, but I'd still be curious as to what's going on above.
                                Last edited by Antidamage; 11-25-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X