Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    @Rama, would you be interested in integrating these two plugins I made? I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the changing versions in order to keep them updated, and they sort of fit the theme of your BP library already.

If you want, I can even submit a pull request with the changes, though it would also be very easy to just swipe them off of Github an add them directly to your source.

(Both of these are compiled/set up against 4.3.1, just for reference.)

https://github.com/ChairGraveyard/ue...romdisk-plugin
    https://github.com/ChairGraveyard/ue...romdisk-plugin

Thanks for your awesome plugin! I figured I should contribute back anything useful and self-contained I make considering how awesome the community here is about sharing.
    Sure!

I just finished upgrading plugin to 4.4!

How do you want your name to appear in the credits on the function comment / tooltip for you?

Contributed by n00854180t ?

Rama
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Victory BP Library and Vertex Snap are Upgraded to 4.4

Both of my plugins that are in the download in the original post,

are now updated to 4.4 !

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

4 Nodes Contributed by n00854180t

Load Texture 2D From File!

Load Sound Wave From File!

Play Sound From File at Location

Play Sound Attached From File!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TextureFromFileSoundFromFile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1053504

Thanks n00854180t!

Rama

PS: All of this is up to 4.4 now!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...lugin_Download

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
          4 Nodes Contributed by n00854180t

Load Texture 2D From File!

Load Sound Wave From File!

Play Sound From File at Location

Play Sound Attached From File!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8832[/ATTACH]

Thanks n00854180t!

Rama

PS: All of this is up to 4.4 now!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...lugin_Download

Rama, you should contact Epic to change your forum name to Awesome. Or they should make a unique awesomeness banner for you!
          FREE VR Drum Kit Project
          FREE Color LUT Collection
          FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
          FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
          Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
          Camera Crossfade

Comment

@Rama - Jacky is right, you're awesome!

Thanks for the credit - additional credits to Ehamloptiran for his DDS load to Texture2D example, and keru for his Ogg to SoundWave example, and of course you for your BP library plugin example

I feel like I'm window shopping when I read through all these BP nodes.
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I think his title suits him rather well actually!!

Attached Files
              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                I think his title suits him rather well actually!!

Hee heee!

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                @Rama - Jacky is right, you're awesome!

Thanks for the credit - additional credits to Ehamloptiran for his DDS load to Texture2D example, and keru for his Ogg to SoundWave example, and of course you for your BP library plugin example

I feel like I'm window shopping when I read through all these BP nodes.
                Hee hee!

Thanks for the contributions!

I hope it is now clear to others that they are free to contribute nodes as well that I will maintain engine version to engine version!

Rama

Comment

Get Screen Resolutions Now Works in Packaged Game

My Get Screen Resolution Nodes works in packaged games now!

In 4.3 the core function in C++ was not working in BP, but now it is! Epic fixed it!

Enjoy getting the screen resolutions of the end user's hardware in your game now!

It is obtained from the user's display adapter directly! No guessing or preset values!

Name:	Resolutions2BP.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	579.1 KB
ID:	1053539

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Rama

Comment

Get OS Platform

Name:	OSGet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1050872

Platforms you can check for:

Windows
                    Mac
                    Linux

PS4
                    XBoxOne

iOS
                    Android

HTML5

WIN RT
                    WIN RT ARM

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

Feature Request

I really hate to be greedy, but at the same time this simple functionality would go miles for me.

Please implement a node for loading from a file. Similar to the one you have for writing to a file.

Comment

The plugin is Awesome - Thanks Rama!

I was wondering if anyone more knowledgable than me could help me with a small question?

LogPlayLevelisplay: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: U:\Files\user\Documents\Unreal Projects\RandomCodeTest\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Android\VictoryBPLibrary-Static-armv7.a
                        I'm attempting to get the plugin to compile on an Android with a Tegra4. With the plugin enabled it won't compile, but I can compile without it enabled. I don't have a lot of tablet experience.

My engine version is 4.4.0

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
                        -Tad

*Edit - I figured out the problem - stupid me used a wrong version of the plugin when I pasted it into my temp project directory. If you see this problem with others, I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was. Thanks for the great plugin.

-Tad
                        Last edited by Parvan; 08-20-2014, 09:04 PM.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                        Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by lunix View Post
                          I really hate to be greedy, but at the same time this simple functionality would go miles for me.

Please implement a node for loading from a file. Similar to the one you have for writing to a file.
                          You mean loading a text file from hard disk?

I can do that!

I can even parse each line as a separate line in an array of strings, any preferences there?

Please confirm b4 I invest any time in it

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                          used a wrong version of the plugin when I pasted it into my temp project directory. If you see this problem with others, I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was. Thanks for the great plugin.[/B]

-Tad
                          I am glad you got it figured out, and you are welcome!

Comment

You mean loading a text file from hard disk?

I can do that!

I can even parse each line as a separate line in an array of strings, any preferences there?

Please confirm b4 I invest any time in it
                            Oh wow yes, parsing each line as a separate line in an array of strings would be absolutely perfect!

<3 you Rama. I really appreciate how much you contribute to this community and to me personally. (Whether you realize it or not )

Comment

I hope it is now clear to others that they are free to contribute nodes as well that I will maintain engine version to engine version!

Rama
                              You are the best Rama!

Comment

@Rama - I'm currently trying to read image files out of a .zip archive. Right now I'm using a third party library (miniz), but it doesn't handle the file IO properly for UE4's purposes.

Is there a way to load in a ZIP and get all the files out of it/uncompress them in the engine somewhere? I've tried looking in the docs and API a lot, but all the archive related functionality is pretty opaque to me. I just need to know if there's a way to do it with the engine classes, as right now I have it hacked to load the zip using the built in functionality (load to binary array ala your save/load system), and then use miniz's initialization from memory, but it seems to fail somewhere along the way.

I'm not looking forward to rewriting the little library to use UE4's file and memory functionality, but if there's nothing in the engine for what I need to do (just load a zip, get a list of files, uncompress them to the head as binary data).

Any tips you could give me would be much appreciated - I'm going to be updating my TextureFromDisk functionality to handle other files than DDS, but I can't test that until I get the zip loading working.

Edit: Miniz was failing because it was using the stock memcpy - but when I tried including something into miniz.c in order to get access to UE's FMemory functions, it caused a bunch of compilation errors.

For now I've decided to rewrite this other library, JUnzip, with UE4 file IO classes, since it seems all of the libraries available rely on regular file/memory access.

Edit #2: Got it working I'm going to be working on more advanced support and building out my comic book reader. I'll probably release the zip plugin on the marketplace for a few bucks.
                                Last edited by n00854180t; 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM.
                                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Working...
                                X