Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic is Aware of the Content-Only Plugin Issue

Dear Community,

Ben Marsh of Epic has replied to me about the Plugin issue!

They are aware of it!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post108388

Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Featured Node

Trace for Closest Socket

Perform a trace against a mesh that will identify the closest socket to the trace hit location on the mesh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	picofclosestsocket.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1050478

Name:	traceforcharactermeshsocket.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	1050479
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Dear Everyone,

This node gives you the distance from a point in space to the surface of a static mesh actor!

Name:	pointtosurface.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1050597

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

First day with the engine, switching over from mostly Unity. I've already bookmarked your entire signature, then browsing the forums I come into this thread and see all these additional nodes with source and everything! Your contributions to the community are definitely appreciated!

Comment

Rama,

Will your plugins work with the 4.4 release? or will they require some updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Veovis Muad'dib View Post
              First day with the engine, switching over from mostly Unity. I've already bookmarked your entire signature, then browsing the forums I come into this thread and see all these additional nodes with source and everything! Your contributions to the community are definitely appreciated!
              Wohoo! Glad to help out!

Great to hear from you!

Welcome to UE4!

Rama

Originally posted by YrgPikk View Post
              Rama,

Will your plugins work with the 4.4 release? or will they require some updates?
              I have to update my plugin each time new engine version comes out

I will update it when 4.4 is officially released

♥ Rama

Comment

Get Current Operating System Time

annnnd

Get Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours Passed Since Previous Recorded Time!

These two nodes can be used to

1. obtain the current local Operating System Time for your computer.

2. obtain the amount of milliseconds/seconds/minutes/hours that have passed since the time you recorded for the first node! You can stores as many times as you want! They are simply stored as a string!

You can use these two nodes to record down to the sub-millisecond the amount of time passing between game events!

The milliseconds portion is a float, so you can record far smaller than 1 millisecond!

In the attached picture I record the amount of real-world time between two key presses

Name:	DateTime1.jpg
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	1051009

Enjoy!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Two New BP Nodes

Selection Box / Marquee / Drag Select

and

Project World Location into HUD / Screen Space!

From anywhere!!!

These are static BP library functions you can use literally anywhere!

Most likely you will want to use the Selection Box code in your HUD class, and get the initial click point / anchor point and then the drag point to plug into my BP Node.

My Selection Box node has an optional class filter if you only want your drag-select box to select certain types of actors.

Name:	SelectionBox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1053371

Enjoy!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

44+ Extra BP Nodes For You!

No c++ required!

No compile required!

Download and plug in!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

New Node

Add To Actor Rotation

This is for adding to an Actor's rotation in World Space.

This uses a quaternion based solution that still accepts an FRotator,

and increments an actor's rotation!

Try using this node if you are having any gimbal lock issues!

Name:	AddToActorRotation.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1053502

Enjoy!

Rama

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                        New Node

Add To Actor Rotation

This is for adding to an Actor's rotation in World Space.

This uses a quaternion based solution that still accepts an FRotator,

and increments an actor's rotation!

Try using this node if you are having any gimbal lock issues!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8812[/ATTACH]

Enjoy!

Rama
                        Rama! You are a rockstar!
                        FREE Lightshow
                        FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
                        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                        Camera Crossfade

Comment

Good stuff, Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

@Rama, would you be interested in integrating these two plugins I made? I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the changing versions in order to keep them updated, and they sort of fit the theme of your BP library already.

If you want, I can even submit a pull request with the changes, though it would also be very easy to just swipe them off of Github an add them directly to your source.

(Both of these are compiled/set up against 4.3.1, just for reference.)

https://github.com/ChairGraveyard/ue...romdisk-plugin

Thanks for your awesome plugin! I figured I should contribute back anything useful and self-contained I make considering how awesome the community here is about sharing.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                              @Rama, would you be interested in integrating these two plugins I made? I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the changing versions in order to keep them updated, and they sort of fit the theme of your BP library already.

If you want, I can even submit a pull request with the changes, though it would also be very easy to just swipe them off of Github an add them directly to your source.

(Both of these are compiled/set up against 4.3.1, just for reference.)

Thanks for your awesome plugin! I figured I should contribute back anything useful and self-contained I make considering how awesome the community here is about sharing.
                              How the heck did i miss those? Brilliant plugins!
                              FREE Lightshow
                              FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
                              FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
                              FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
                              Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
                              Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                                How the heck did i miss those? Brilliant plugins!
                                Thanks I haven't really posted much about them (though I did put a thread up for the Ogg loader plugin in the WIP section). In particular the texture load was something I whipped up at the request of someone on Reddit (credit goes to Ehamloptiran for the meat of the code), though I had been thinking of making one for a bit (want to do a VR comic book reader).

To improve them (and some of this is beyond my capabilities) it would be awesome to make it so they'd support more file formats - for the sound loading, it's .ogg only, and for the texture loading, .dds only. Ideally they'd be able to take .mp3/.flac and .png/.jpg/.tga, respectively.

Edit: I think I've found a semi-decent way of getting in some mp3 support for the loading plugin, but I'll have to do a bunch more work on it. It's something I definitely need if I'm going to sell my VR audiobook player.
                                Last edited by n00854180t; 08-14-2014, 05:40 PM.
                                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Working...
                                X