Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mewbits View Post
    Waiting for this to work in 4.18. I hope Rama gets some time to fix it soon, because it seems like no one else has figured it out yet...
    I looked at it very briefly and realized it needed more time... I'm working on my plugin for 4.18 (and adding functionality)... I think a lot of folks who contribute to Rama's plugin are doing the same...

teak
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Waiting for this to work in 4.18. I hope Rama gets some time to fix it soon, because it seems like no one else has figured it out yet...
      Hi Mewbits heres a 4.18 version of this plugin but some code has been commented out as i had no idea how to fix, its mainly VR functions and the Destroy Destructible Chunk function, apart from that everything will work as normal.

Rama

When you get time feel free to just fix what i have commented out DISABLED in the VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h.

Here is a temp 4.18 version
      https://cp.sync.com/dl/08641f3d0#pch...zkdue-jdxec2f9

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi Mewbits heres a 4.18 version of this plugin but some code has been commented out as i had no idea how to fix, its mainly VR functions and the Destroy Destructible Chunk function, apart from that everything will work as normal.

Rama

When you get time feel free to just fix what i have commented out DISABLED in the VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h.

Here is a temp 4.18 version
        https://cp.sync.com/dl/08641f3d0#pch...zkdue-jdxec2f9
        Thank you for helping out! I should have fully functional BP library shortly.

I will have 4.18 up shortly, I just got back from my travelling

Rama

~~~

Originally posted by ljennings42 View Post
        Hi Rama, thank you for all your work in this amazing plugin! I have been attempting to use the "Load Texture 2D from File" and "Load Texture 2D from DDS File" blueprint nodes, which I believe are credited to n00854180t! so thanks for everyone's contributions. So far I have been able to get the Load Texture 2D from File to successfully load at runtime, however the DDS file does not seem to want to load. I was wondering if there is anything I am missing in my blueprint, or has anyone managed to get the dds to load?

Also, my end goal is to load a dds as a cubemap to be read by a stereo material. Currently the DDS file is converted into texture 2D. Is there any way to load the DDS as a cubemap? I have a fairly basic knowledge of C++ but I am willing to hear any advice/ideas. thanks!

Attached is a screenshot of the blueprints I'm working with, the bottom one is working successfully however I would like to get the top one to work if possible.

Welcome to the UE4 forums!!!

I don't know about loading direct into cubemap, hopefully someone in this thread knows how to do what you want and can answer

DDS is not supported by Epic's imagewrapper as far as I know, does it have to be DDS? You could pre-convert it via online tool?
        Last edited by Rama; 10-30-2017, 12:47 AM.
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Victory Plugin 4.18 is Live!

Dear Community,

Victory Plugin is now up to date with 4.18! Sorry for delay, I was travelling

And I want to give special thanks to community member Stormwind, he did most of the 4.18 update! Thanks Stormwind!

Special thanks to OverRated_AU for posting a link as well!

Victory!!!

~~~

Download Links

4.18 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
          http://www.mediafire.com/file/8slx62...toryPlugin.zip

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
          2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
          3. Win32 Development
          4. Win32 Shipping

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

4.14: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7915cu...ryPlugin14.zip

4.15: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nne04gd74emnzu

4.16: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ieovbd...ryPlugin16.zip

4.17: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ocm8o...ryPlugin17.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
          http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
          Last edited by Rama; 10-30-2017, 12:47 AM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by ljennings42 View Post
            Hi Rama, thank you for all your work in this amazing plugin! I have been attempting to use the "Load Texture 2D from File" and "Load Texture 2D from DDS File" blueprint nodes, which I believe are credited to n00854180t! so thanks for everyone's contributions. So far I have been able to get the Load Texture 2D from File to successfully load at runtime, however the DDS file does not seem to want to load. I was wondering if there is anything I am missing in my blueprint, or has anyone managed to get the dds to load?

Also, my end goal is to load a dds as a cubemap to be read by a stereo material. Currently the DDS file is converted into texture 2D. Is there any way to load the DDS as a cubemap? I have a fairly basic knowledge of C++ but I am willing to hear any advice/ideas. thanks!

Attached is a screenshot of the blueprints I'm working with, the bottom one is working successfully however I would like to get the top one to work if possible.

Can we see what your base material looks like? I have a feeling that the "HotLoad_Texture2D" is a texture sampler and not a cubemap sampler. I'm compiling Rama's updates into my engine so I can't get into it to show you what I mean yet.

PS Rama, I spent most of the day updating the plugin to 4.18 but finished about an hour after Stormwind posted his commit. I had almost exactly the same changes, so it looks like a robust update to 4.18.

For the new 4.18 build, only 2 issues: A double include in VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp since Stormwind and I both used
            Code:
            #include "HAL/PlatformApplicationMisc.h"
            and you added
            Code:
            #include "Runtime/ApplicationCore/Public/HAL/PlatformApplcationMisc.h"
            after that. Doesn't matter because of the #pragma once, but it is a duplicate. 2nd is a missing update of IImageWrapperPtr to the TSharedPtr<IImageWrapper> on 4606. I can post a pull request if you'd like.
            Cameron Abt
            Founding Partner
            Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

Thanks for the update Rama.

Comment

I am trying to use the generic sort node to sort a custom struct array. The node has an input for the variable name of the struct but it doesn't seem to work. Is the variable name the same that is shown when breaking the struct or am I missing something?
                Last edited by DasMatze; 10-30-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                  Victory Plugin 4.18 is Live!

Dear Community,

Victory Plugin is now up to date with 4.18! Sorry for delay, I was travelling

And I want to give special thanks to community member Stormwind, he did most of the 4.18 update! Thanks Stormwind!

Special thanks to OverRated_AU for posting a link as well!

Victory!!!

~~~

Download Links

4.18 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
                  http://www.mediafire.com/file/8slx62...toryPlugin.zip
                  Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Thank you to everyone who helped make the new plugin version available!! You are all awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

Welcome to the UE4 forums!!!

I don't know about loading direct into cubemap, hopefully someone in this thread knows how to do what you want and can answer

DDS is not supported by Epic's imagewrapper as far as I know, does it have to be DDS? You could pre-convert it via online tool?
                    Hi Rama, thank you for your reply! I am trying to hotload cubemaps as skyboxes for Gear VR, so I need UVs to map the image to the mesh. From what I know about dds. is that it retains UV coordinates for mapping to a cube. I believe another way to make a skybox without a dds cubemap is to have a UV coordinates stored in the cube mesh in the level. But maybe there is a better way of going about this?

Additionally, I am just trying to use the dds blueprint node correctly. Am I understanding right that the dds format is converted since it isn't supported by unreal?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Abt View Post

Can we see what your base material looks like? I have a feeling that the "HotLoad_Texture2D" is a texture sampler and not a cubemap sampler. I'm compiling Rama's updates into my engine so I can't get into it to show you what I mean yet.
                      Hey Cameron, I'm trying to load the image into a stereoscopic material for Gear VR. The parameter is needs to be a Texture2D in order to accept the output of the dds load node right?

Thanks!
                      -Leah

Comment

The bind variables in any blueprint classes.

inside UMG is the ability to bind properties of your Widgets to Functions or Properties inside the Blueprint
                        It is very convenient to use.
                        I always use variables of the GameMode and Gameinstance(Custom). In UMG access to them is done perfectly. Is it possible to do the same for any blueprint classes? Would be wonderful if it were possible to make the binding two-way. When you how to get the value of the GameInstance to bind a variable in a GameInstance to the local. Know and use castto game instance, but if it was implemented as in UMG, it would be much more convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Abt View Post

spent most of the day updating the plugin to 4.18 but finished about an hour after Stormwind posted his commit. I had almost exactly the same changes, so it looks like a robust update to 4.18.

... it is a duplicate. 2nd is a missing update of IImageWrapperPtr to the TSharedPtr<IImageWrapper> on 4606. I can post a pull request if you'd like.
                          Dear Cameron Abt ,

Oooh thank you for doing the update on your end as well! We'll see who does the 4.19 update first!!

Thanks for the note about line 4606, I will update github with that pretty soon (and for others) the fix will be in the next release of Victory BP

Rama

Comment

URGENT PACKAGE ERROR WITH VICTORY PLUGIN!!!

Hi there!
                            I'm using UE 4.17, VR Template.
                            All works fine, but as soon as i insert the plugin Victory i cannot package my project, and i find this error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Desktop\bianco\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject.exe

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.CommandUtils+CommandFailedException: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject Win64 Development -Project=D:\Desktop\bianco\MyProject\MyProject.uproject D:\Desktop\bi
                            anco\MyProject\MyProject.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="D:\Desktop\bianco\MyProject" -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2017.11.09-14.15.25.txt'

PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Someone can help please?
                            Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Real-3D View Post
                              URGENT PACKAGE ERROR WITH VICTORY PLUGIN!!!

Hi there!
                              I'm using UE 4.17, VR Template.
                              You probably grabbed the 4.18 version of the plugin by mistake. Make sure you're using the version compiled for 4.17.
                              Cameron Abt
                              Founding Partner
                              Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

Using this plugin on Linux:

I'm using UE4.18 on Linux. I cloned the repo to `Engine/Plugins/Runtime`, and rebuilt the engine.
                                Apart from that, I also modified `VictoryBPLibrary.uplugin` to include "Linux" in the "WhitelistPlatforms".

Also did a PR

Comment

Working...
                                X