Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rama, what a great plugin, thanks.
    It's easy to use for me who knows blueprint only. unfortunately, I can not pre-compile the plugin for android. it would be great if anyone can share it, or teach me how to compile it. I am really a noob and need that for gear vr development. thanks anyway.

Comment

Hello, Rama. Looks like there is an issue with a couple of your functions: GetConsoleVariableFloat and GetConsoleVariableInt. Check it out:

Code:
      int32 UTKMathFunctionLibrary::GetConsoleVariableInt(FString VariableName)
      {
      static const auto CVar = IConsoleManager::Get().FindTConsoleVariableDataInt(*VariableName);

if (CVar)
          {
              return CVar->GetValueOnGameThread();
              //return CVar->GetValueOnAnyThread();
          }
          return 0;
      }
      Note the "static" there. While it's valid in Epic documentation1, it isn't in your case, since they search for text literal in their example, i.e. same variable every time, and your function gets variable name as a parameter, so the search result should differ every time. If I'm not missing anything and you agree with my conclusion, please fix this in both functions.

(1) https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...onsolevariable

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Hello, Rama. Looks like there is an issue with a couple of your functions: GetConsoleVariableFloat and GetConsoleVariableInt. Check it out:

If I'm not missing anything and you agree with my conclusion, please fix this in both functions.

I am not the author of those nodes, TK master authored the TK BP library, you should consult with him about your concerns.

Also I have made a github for the Victory Plugin, so you could consider contributing here:
        https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin

~~~

Hurricane Irma About to Hit SW Florida

I am physically fleeing hurricane Irma:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/u...a.html?mcubz=3

So I cannot address your concerns at the moment due to being completely dislocated by the hurricane

People in my area are fleeing into shelters inside of schools hoping to stay alive

The Storm Surge is predicted to be 8-12 feet, which is sort of like the rush of a tsunami, hits a in a few moments ,and wipes out people who did not get to safety.

Rama

Last edited by Rama; 09-09-2017, 06:07 AM.
        100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Everything else is irrelevant then. Stay safe!

Comment

Hi Rama,

Hope you are safe from the hurricane.

When you are back & safe, can you please look into this issue. It's happening when trying to compile for Linux:

UnrealBuildTool: [3/6] Compile Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.2_of_2.cpp
            UnrealBuildTool: In file included from G:\UnrealSourceBuilt\UnrealEngine-4.17.1-release\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\XERAServer\Development\VictoryBPLibrary\Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.2_of_2.cpp:5:
            UnrealBuildTool: In file included from G:\UnrealSourceBuilt\UnrealEngine-4.17.1-release\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\XERAServer\Inc\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryPC.gen.cpp:8:
            UnrealBuildTool: ../Plugins/Runtime/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryPC.h(11,10): error: non-portable path to file '"Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Werror,-Wnonportable-include-path]
            UnrealBuildTool: #include "Runtime/Engine/Classes/Gameframework/PlayerController.h"
            UnrealBuildTool: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            UnrealBuildTool: "Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"
            UnrealBuildTool: 1 error generated.
            EDIT:

Found the issue & made pull request: https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin/pull/31

Cheers.
            Last edited by Joshua_NZ; 09-09-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
              Everything else is irrelevant then. Stay safe!
              Hee hee! Yea I managed to get out in time

Did you want to make pull request for the fixes you suggested?

Rama

~~~

Originally posted by thejhNZ View Post
              Hi Rama,

Hope you are safe from the hurricane.

Found the issue & made pull request: https://github.com/EverNewJoy/VictoryPlugin/pull/31

Cheers.
              Yup all is well!

Ahh great thanks! I will integrate this along with 4.18 build.

​​​​​​​
              Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Hello! Super great plugin! But I am having a problem using "Capture 2D Save Image" function. Whatever I do, it always returns false and obviously doesn't save anything.
                Nevermind! Just solved it by taking a look at a plugin's source code. By the way, you really should add a note that the only supported format for this function is B8G8R8A8, because that took me a while before I actually decided to take a look at the source code.
                Last edited by Hnomer; 09-21-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Rama, have you updated the Victory Plugin to 4.17? I cant figure out how to compile it from the source code

Comment

Hi Rama!
                    Does the plugin support 4.17 packaging in HTML?

Comment

Hi, Rama. Great Plugin. But what is the possible solution to these two warnings? Could you help, please?

Comment

Hi Rama, Hi everyone.

Im trying to package my game for linux using the toolchain with v9_clang-4.
                        Ive added Linux to the whitelist within your .uplugin, and on compiling i get a error from your victory plugin with the following..

Code:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: [1/6] Compile PCH.VictoryBPLibrary.h
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: [2/6] Compile Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: [3/6] Compile Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.1_of_2.cpp
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: [4/6] Compile Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.2_of_2.cpp
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Development\VictoryBPLibrary\Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.2_of_2.cpp:5:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Inc\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryPC.gen.cpp:9:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ../../Averted/Plugins/VictoryPlugin-master/Source/VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryPC.h(11,10):  error: non-portable path to file '"Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Werror,-Wnonportable-include-path]
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: #include "Runtime/Engine/Classes/Gameframework/PlayerController.h"
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:          "Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: 1 error generated.
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Development\VictoryBPLibrary\Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp:3:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:7:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ../../Averted/Plugins/VictoryPlugin-master/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(152,5):  warning: field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString' [-Wreorder]
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:                 : Key(Axis.Key)
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:                   ^
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Development\VictoryBPLibrary\Module.VictoryBPLibrary.gen.1_of_2.cpp:3:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Inc\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.gen.cpp:9:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ../../Averted/Plugins/VictoryPlugin-master/Source/VictoryBPLibrary\Public/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(152,5):  warning: field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString' [-Wreorder]
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:                 : Key(Axis.Key)
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:                   ^
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\Averted\Development\VictoryBPLibrary\Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp:8:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: In file included from D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Averted\Plugins\VictoryPlugin-master\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public\VictoryPC.cpp:8:
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: ../../Averted/Plugins/VictoryPlugin-master/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryPC.h(11,10):  error: non-portable path to file '"Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Werror,-Wnonportable-include-path]
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: #include "Runtime/Engine/Classes/Gameframework/PlayerController.h"
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool:          "Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/PlayerController.h"
                        Packaging (Linux): UnrealBuildTool: 1 warning and 1 error generated.

Can anyone help me with this problem or any solution to fixing it,
                        Would be much appreciated

Edit: use the pull 31 to fix the GameFramework, but still getting warning about the field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString
                        Last edited by soulmapp; 09-25-2017, 10:27 PM.
                        RhinoGameHK | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

@Rama

Glad you're safe and well from that hurricane ^^

Btw, any possibility to also get VictoryEd Engine updated to 4.16/4.17? Latest version (which was me who asked for it too xD) was 4.15.

Regards.
                          "sic parvis magna"
                          @Meguido

Comment

Hey Rama I have another request if possible

Can you make Load String Array From File load unicode chars too? For example: ı ğ ü ş ö ç Ğ Ü Ş İ Ö Ç.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

Hee hee! Yea I managed to get out in time

Did you want to make pull request for the fixes you suggested?

Rama
                              Glad you're fine, Unreal realm is safe again!

I don't use Git, and installing and learning the system just to commit two words sounds like an overkill =) I think it would be much faster (a minute of your time or so), if you edit them yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by soulmapp View Post
                                Hi Rama, Hi everyone.

Edit: use the pull 31 to fix the GameFramework, but still getting warning about the field 'Key' will be initialized after field 'KeyAsString
                                Thanks for the git pull request contribution!

I will be integrating it soon!

for the initialize issue you can change the constructor:

Code:
                                FVictoryInput(const FString InActionName, const FKey InKey, const bool bInShift, const bool bInCtrl, const bool bInAlt, const bool bInCmd)
                                        : Key(InKey)
                                        , KeyAsString(Key.GetDisplayName().ToString())
                                        , bShift(bInShift)
                                        , bCtrl(bInCtrl)
                                        , bAlt(bInAlt)
                                        , bCmd(bInCmd)
                                    {
                                to

Code:
                                FVictoryInput(const FString InActionName, const FKey InKey, const bool bInShift, const bool bInCtrl, const bool bInAlt, const bool bInCmd)
                                        : Key(InKey)
                                        , KeyAsString(InKey.GetDisplayName().ToString())
                                        , bShift(bInShift)
                                        , bCtrl(bInCtrl)
                                        , bAlt(bInAlt)
                                        , bCmd(bInCmd)
                                    {
                                I am updating git with that right now

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 09-26-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X