Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Dear Community,

I have 4 Math BP nodes for you!
    Code:
    void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::VictoryIntPlusEquals(UPARAM(ref) int32& Int, int32 Add, int32& IntOut)
    {  
        Int += Add;
        IntOut = Int; 
    } 
    void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::VictoryIntMinusEquals(UPARAM(ref) int32& Int, int32 Sub, int32& IntOut)
    { 
        Int -= Sub;
        IntOut = Int; 
    }
    Rama
    Rama, can we expect a pull request to the engine for this change? I think this would be perfect to be included to the binary.
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
      Rama, can we expect a pull request to the engine for this change? I think this would be perfect to be included to the binary.
      oooh those still aren't in the engine yet? I can make a PR yes, great idea

And very nice to hear from you!

Rama
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Hi!
        I'm going through this same situation, but i can't save my screenshots.
        Did you use "capture 2d save image" node to save your screenshot?
        My problem is probably that i can't load the"Texture render target" as target of the node...
        Any suggestions?
        Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_refer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1132507

Comment

The Capture 2D Save Image node requires a SceneCapture2D actor or SceneCaptureComponent2D as the Target, depending on which one you use.
          Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Hey Rama, I have 2 requests if possible.

1 - I ıntegrate Nvidia Ansel to my project. Key to open it is Alt+F2. I tried to use your Simulate Key Press node and hooked it to a button on UMG. But it doesnt work with modifiers such as Alt. Can you make it work with modifiers too?

Name:	input.JPG
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1132689

Name:	event.JPG
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1132690
            2 - Get Desktop Path node

Thank you so much for you awesome work

Comment

Warning and Error

Hello Rama! I hope to have your attention!!

I know that your plugin is not officially developed for Android but I have been using it in 4.16 for a while now and it just works amazing!

But when I updated to 4.17.1 (and of course, downloaded the updated plugin and again adding Android to the Whitelist and compiling for all the plataforms in VS) while compiling for Android in the Editor this warning is showed:

Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
              and then at the very end it shows this error:

Error: Package Native Shader Library failed for Android_ETC1.
              Then I reported this here thinking it was an Engine error rather than have to see with the plugin itself, but other projects without the plugin compile just fine

It is possible to you see what's wrong? Or tell us how to fix this? :c
              Thanks a lot, you have done very much for us already <3

Comment

Hi there Rama

It seems the: "Joy File IO Get Files" might not be working correctly.

The boolean return valleu always return true, even if there was no files to be found in the specified directory. Not sure if this is the way it is suposed to function?

Comment

Hi Rama and Community!

First, I love the plugin! This thread has been full of great ideas and support.
                  Second, Rama, I see you everywhere! You show up in the odd forum posts that I read and often times in the answer hub too. You're a legend.

I have a big ask. I've created and finished a project using a few of the Victory blueprints. On windows it packages nicely and I haven't had any problems. I've run it on a variety of devices and it's good to go. However I also need to package my game for a Mac, so I've transferred my project to a Mac laptop, rebuilt with xcode, and everything (even other plugins) work except the Victory plugin. I'm using UE4 4.15.3.

Is there a way you or somebody could make this Mac compatible? Is there anything that I have to do to compile it on my Mac? I'm very open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHuizingh View Post
                    Hi Rama and Community!

First, I love the plugin! This thread has been full of great ideas and support.
                    Second, Rama, I see you everywhere! You show up in the odd forum posts that I read and often times in the answer hub too. You're a legend.

I have a big ask. I've created and finished a project using a few of the Victory blueprints. On windows it packages nicely and I haven't had any problems. I've run it on a variety of devices and it's good to go. However I also need to package my game for a Mac, so I've transferred my project to a Mac laptop, rebuilt with xcode, and everything (even other plugins) work except the Victory plugin. I'm using UE4 4.15.3.

Is there a way you or somebody could make this Mac compatible? Is there anything that I have to do to compile it on my Mac? I'm very open to any suggestions.

Thank you!
                    Hi there @DavidHuizing ! Welcome to the UE4 forums!!

I made a mac version of the Victory plugin a while back, if you are using only nodes found in the older version you'd probably find it easier to start from this version:

Victory Plugin for Mac (several versions old)
                    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4m81ae...yPluginMac.zip

Again please note there have been engine changes since this mac version you might have to incorporate, but most engine changes have been minor in recent engine versions and you could compare with current / 4.15 build and probably sort it out pretty quick.

Rama

PS: if you or anyone gets a 4.15+ mac build going I'd be happy to host it on my media fire account.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Monster1234 View Post
                      Hey Rama, I have 2 requests if possible.

1 - I ıntegrate Nvidia Ansel to my project. Key to open it is Alt+F2. I tried to use your Simulate Key Press node and hooked it to a button on UMG. But it doesnt work with modifiers such as Alt. Can you make it work with modifiers too?

2 - Get Desktop Path node

Thank you so much for you awesome work
                      "Get Desktop Path node"

What do you mean by this? This sounds windows specific? If you had the Username of the owner of the windows machine getting desktop path is easy, I could see about a Get Computer User Name node, but I will need to make sure the solution is cross platform.

Rama
                      ​​​​​​​
                      Originally posted by foxhound101 View Post
                      Hi there Rama

It seems the: "Joy File IO Get Files" might not be working correctly.

The boolean return valleu always return true, even if there was no files to be found in the specified directory. Not sure if this is the way it is suposed to function?
                      Oh good point! I am indeed returning true even if no files were found.

My intention was that the boolean would indicate if there was a file IO error, as in the disk could not be read or the file path was wrong.

There's still room to improve the code though because currently I am not validating the path specified.

I've made an improvement and this change will be in the next version of Victory BP Library

For now you can just do array -> length > 0 boolean check to know if there's anything for your logic to do

Rama
                      Last edited by Rama; 08-27-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	VertexPositions.jpg Views:	1 Size:	171.2 KB ID:	1344601

Get Vertex Locations of Static Mesh

Works in Packaged Games

~~~

My C++ Code For You

See my PhysX wiki for the basic build.cs setup:
                        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/PhysX,...o_Your_Project

Here is the code I wrote to get all of the transformed vertex positions using the Body Instance and PhysX code!

I am doing many safety checks to ensure the Body Instance data is valid before utilizing it, and the result is that now you can get accurate vertex locations in packaged games!

Code:
                        //~~~ PhysX ~~~
                        #include "PhysXIncludes.h"
                        #include "PhysicsPublic.h" //For the ptou conversions
                        //~~~~~~~~~~~

//Get Transformed Vertex positions of any static mesh! -Rama
                        bool UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetStaticMeshVertexLocations(UStaticMeshComponent* Comp, TArray<FVector>& VertexPositions)
                        {

if(!Comp || !Comp->IsValidLowLevel())
                        {
                        return false;
                        }
                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Component Transform
                        FTransform RV_Transform = Comp->GetComponentTransform();

//Body Setup valid?
                        UBodySetup* BodySetup = Comp->GetBodySetup();

if(!BodySetup || !BodySetup->IsValidLowLevel())
                        {
                        return false;
                        }

//Get the Px Mesh!
                        PxTriangleMesh* TriMesh = BodySetup->TriMesh;

if(!TriMesh)
                        {
                        return false;
                        }
                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Number of vertices
                        PxU32 VertexCount = TriMesh->getNbVertices();

//Vertex array
                        const PxVec3* Vertices = TriMesh->getVertices();

//For each vertex, transform the position to match the component Transform
                        for(PxU32 v = 0; v < VertexCount; v++)
                        {
                        VertexPositions.Add(RV_Transform.TransformPosition(P2UVector(Vertices[v])));
                        }

return true;
                        }

~~~

Download Links

4.17 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
                        http://www.mediafire.com/file/8slx62...toryPlugin.zip

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                        2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                        3. Win32 Development
                        4. Win32 Shipping

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

4.14: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7915cu...ryPlugin14.zip

4.15: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nne04gd74emnzu

4.16: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ieovbd...ryPlugin16.zip

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                        http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 08-27-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

"Get Desktop Path node"

What do you mean by this? This sounds windows specific? If you had the Username of the owner of the windows machine getting desktop path is easy, I could see about a Get Computer User Name node, but I will need to make sure the solution is cross platform.

Rama
                          Yes, I asked that for windows. Get Computer User Name would be great too

Comment

Hi Rama,

I am having some issues compiling for Linux (pulled plugin from your git)

Cheers

Comment

Hello there!

Is there a version for 4.17.1 yet?

I tried the 4.17 posted above into my engine/plugins folder but it says not compatible?

Comment

Dear Community,

Here in the Victory Plugin I am providing you with platform-agnostic nodes to obtain absolute paths to your game in editor or packaged form from BP !

Rama

Click image for larger version  Name:	PackagedPaths1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	1348716

Click image for larger version  Name:	PackagedPaths2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	242.7 KB ID:	1348718

Click image for larger version  Name:	PackagedPaths3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.9 KB ID:	1348719
                                Last edited by Rama; 09-05-2017, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X