Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Victory plugin to UE4.16.2 but as soon as I get to the config editing step, the editor crashes at 79% with the message:

Fatal error: [File:C:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp] [Line: 2568]
    Failed to load UnrealEd Engine class '/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine'.
    I followed the instructions in the wiki and extracted the code in the latest zip into MyProject/Plugins. I started the editor, made sure that the plugin was enabled, then closed it and went into MyProject/Config/DefaultEngine.ini and added UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine under the [/Script/Engine.Engine] header. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Sorry if this should be obvious--I searched through the thread and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the plugin and your help!

Comment

Hi Rama,

Could you tell me how your "Selection Selection Box" node works? Like, can I see the pieces inside it to figure out why it's not working for me?

At this point I have it wired up in my HUD with a hitbox to draw a representation of the box and everything works great in the editor... but as soon as I Package it, the selection starts grabbing everything to the left and above where you select. So if you box around a unit that has nothing to its left or above it, the selection works, but if you select something with units beside it, it selects them too!

I'm trying to figure out why this ONLY happens in the Packaged version, not the editor.

Blueprint and picture explanation of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/ihDY5

Using UE 4.14

Thanks!
      Last edited by Brawph; 07-06-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soulmapp View Post
        Hi everyone,

Im getting this warning vrom the vi tory plugin in 4.16 can anyone give me some direction on how to fix it.

CompilerResultsLog: Info C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
        I have fixed this in the next build that will go live

Rama

~~~

Originally posted by sgp View Post
        Hi,

I'm trying to install the Victory plugin to UE4.16.2 but as soon as I get to the config editing step, the editor crashes at 79% with the message:

I followed the instructions in the wiki and extracted the code in the latest zip into MyProject/Plugins. I started the editor, made sure that the plugin was enabled, then closed it and went into MyProject/Config/DefaultEngine.ini and added UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine under the [/Script/Engine.Engine] header. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Sorry if this should be obvious--I searched through the thread and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the plugin and your help!
        Sorry those instructions are now only for VictoryEdEngine plugin, which is my Vertex Snap and Instanced Static Mesh Editor Plugin.

For Victory Plugin you do not set anything in your config file, just remove the lines and Victory Plugin will load just fine.

I've updated the wiki accordingly:
        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ertex_Snapping

Rama

~~~

Originally posted by Brawph View Post
        Hi Rama,

Could you tell me how your "Selection Selection Box" node works? Like, can I see the pieces inside it to figure out why it's not working for me?

At this point I have it wired up in my HUD with a hitbox to draw a representation of the box and everything works great in the editor... but as soon as I Package it, the selection starts grabbing everything to the left and above where you select. So if you box around a unit that has nothing to its left or above it, the selection works, but if you select something with units beside it, it selects them too!

I'm trying to figure out why this ONLY happens in the Packaged version, not the editor.

Blueprint and picture explanation of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/ihDY5

Using UE 4.14

Thanks!
        Hiii!

The picture is too low rez for me to see what you are doing, can you post with bigger resolution?

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 07-11-2017, 02:45 AM.
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Draw Thick Circles Of Any Color in UE4!

Draw Thick Circle With Axis Control

Fun node for you!

With this node you can draw circles!

And you can control their thickness, as well as how many points make up the circle!

You can also have axis control!

So you can draw circles horizontally, vertically, at angles, any way you like, with convenient BP node inputs!

See pics!

Click image for larger version

Name:	drawthickcircle3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1130932

Click image for larger version

Name:	DrawThickCircle4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1130933
          ~~~

Download Links

4.16 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
          https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
          2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
          3. Win32 Development
          4. Win32 Shipping

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

4.14: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7915cu...ryPlugin14.zip

4.15: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nne04gd74emnzu

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
          http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
          UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post

Hiii!

The picture is too low rez for me to see what you are doing, can you post with bigger resolution?

Rama
            The picture is 1746x920, almost my whole screen(!), it only looks fuzzy when scaled down on Imgur by default. You should be able to see it if you click to expand it to full size, here's a link to just the picture so you can try. https://i.imgur.com/CCxW7eP.jpg

But just in case, here it is slightly larger at 1920x1080, I cannot make it any higher resolution . https://i.imgur.com/uyOTMkH.png

Adding the larger one as an attachment too just in case.

Mostly I'm wondering how your node works to see if I can replicate parts of it if I can't get it working as a whole in my project (or to see what could be breaking it along the way), but double clicking the node won't expand it so I can't see what's in there.
            Attached Files

Comment

help needed!

HI all, i am new to Unreal community and i have one question...
              Where do i download all those plugins???
              I am specially looking for "BP node for selection box"?

thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Vixus View Post
                HI all, i am new to Unreal community and i have one question...
                Where do i download all those plugins???
                I am specially looking for "BP node for selection box"?

thanx!
                You can download the plugin here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Also, if you head to the marketplace there are some free as well as paid plugins that are quite handy...

teak
                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]

The rumor has it I can sample each pixel from a grayscale texture and get pixel's value using this plugin. How would I do that ?

If not possible, do you think you could add such functionality and expose it to BP ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rama,

Brilliant work but how would i go about saving a render target texture to be used again when my game is reloaded?

Thanks again!

Comment

Victory BP Library Suite of Image / Pixel Loading and Access!!!

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]

The rumor has it I can sample each pixel from a grayscale texture and get pixel's value using this plugin. How would I do that ?

If not possible, do you think you could add such functionality and expose it to BP ?

Thanks
                      Hi there!

Here are all the names of the pixel functions in the Victory BP Library that you can look up and check out!

Yes you can indeed read pixel values from grayscale, just make sure it is not compressed if stored in the project. Compressed textures will give weird values. To date no one has shown up with a decompression solution for existing textures. If someone knows solution and wants to share, please do

However if you load the grayscale texture from hard disk, it won't be compressed and can be loaded as straight pixels.

I provide you with node to load image from disk

So I'd recommend

1. load image from disk into pixel array

2. access the pixel array

So that means you should use this node:

Code:
                      Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile_Pixels
                      Code:
                      /** Load a Texture2D from a JPG,PNG,BMP,ICO,EXR,ICNS file! IsValid tells you if file path was valid or not. Enjoy! -Rama */
                      static UTexture2D* Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile(const FString& FullFilePath,EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat,bool& IsValid, int32& Width, int32& Height);

/** Load a Texture2D from a JPG,PNG,BMP,ICO,EXR,ICNS file! IsValid tells you if file path was valid or not. Enjoy! -Rama */
                      static UTexture2D* Victory_LoadTexture2D_FromFile_Pixels(const FString& FullFilePath,EJoyImageFormats ImageFormat,bool& IsValid, int32& Width, int32& Height, TArray<FLinearColor>& OutPixels);

/** Retrieve a pixel color value given the pixel array, the image height, and the coordinates. Returns false if the coordinates were not valid. Pixel coordinates start from upper left corner as 0,0. X= horizontal, Y = vertical */
                      static bool Victory_Get_Pixel(const TArray<FLinearColor>& Pixels, int32 ImageHeight, int32 x, int32 y, FLinearColor& FoundColor);

/** Save an array of pixels to disk as a PNG! It is very important that you supply the curret width and height of the image! Returns false if Width * Height != Array length or file could not be saved to the location specified. I return an ErrorString to clarify what the exact issue was. -Rama */
                      static bool Victory_SavePixels(const FString& FullFilePath,int32 Width, int32 Height, const TArray<FLinearColor>& ImagePixels, bool SaveAsBMP, bool sRGB, FString& ErrorString);

/** This will modify the original T2D to remove sRGB and change compression to VectorDisplacementMap to ensure accurate pixel reading. -Rama*/
                      static bool Victory_GetPixelFromT2D(UTexture2D* T2D, int32 X, int32 Y, FLinearColor& PixelColor);

/** This will modify the original T2D to remove sRGB and change compression to VectorDisplacementMap to ensure accurate pixel reading. -Rama*/
                      static bool Victory_GetPixelsArrayFromT2D(UTexture2D* T2D, int32& TextureWidth, int32& TextureHeight,TArray<FLinearColor>& PixelArray);

♥ Rama

Comment

HUD Get Actors In Selection Rectangle

Hi there!

The only node you need is this one, which I contributed to the engine a while back:
                        https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...gle/index.html

And you can just use DrawHUD itself.

You should not be using that hitbox code with the node above.

There's some detailed discussion on the node here:
                        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...esnt-work.html

Use the customization options that I"ve provided to control whether you pick up actors that are only partially intersected, or have to be fully intersected.

The underlying code uses UE4's bounds rect for that actor, so actors at unusual rotations or shapes may have a very large rectang;e on the screen and therefore be drag selected either unexpected or not at all, depending on the settings you picked. The node was intended for things like characters and items with precise bounding boxes, not large mountains and rivers

If your unit seems to be getting selected when you don't want, make sure to only include components with collision so that the long flowing cape of your character, or hair, doesn't abnormally extend the bounding rect.

Enjoy!

Rama

PS:

Basic Usage

For other readers, this node is not part of Victory BP Library, it is in the main engine!

You can use it right now by making a BP of a HUD class and then changing your game mode to use your new HUD BP.

Then create the DrawHUD node and add the node this post is focused on.

For drawing of the marquee / selection rect, you can calculate the bounds from the anchor and cursor position and draw lines using one of my other contributes to the engine, the Draw Line With Thickness HUD node.

♥ Rama
                        Last edited by Rama; 08-01-2017, 06:00 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Thanks so much for this Plugin Rama-Sama! It really works beautifully.

I have a small problem though:
                          I need to use the HMD commands VRHeadsetPutOnHead and VRHeadsetRemovedFromHead wich is only being implemented for the Rift in 4.17
                          so i will have to use your victory plugin(since im lost without it) with UE 4.17 once it is released. Is there a way i can compile the 4.16 version of
                          victory plugin into 4.17? or will i have to wait for the auther(the mighty Rama-Sama) to compile a working 4.17 version?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Thanks so much for your selection help! That worked really well for me!

I can't believe I didn't know about that node you mentioned, and the idea to split the selection between Player Controller and HUD was so much better, now I can actually have it go off of left click instead of any mouse button!

Thanks Rama!

Comment

Hello Rama,
                              I need some help with Patching and Updating game process, that would be great if you can make a tutorial for that,

I tired this flow :

If I had a release R1, which is the first release

then I patch it and get P1, at the same time make a R2

then I patch R2 and get P2, at the same time make a R3

then I patch R3 and get P3......
                              but when i try to create a release based on another release gave me a Critical error, it's okay if i make R2 based on nothing but in this case problem is P3 contains P1 and P2 inside himself and it's not good in large content update. I want each of them separate .

Another problem i have is with priority...
                              How engine should know P1, P2 and P3 priority order ?

Thank you.
                              Last edited by Vahid; 08-05-2017, 02:51 PM.
                              ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                              GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
                                Hello Rama,
                                I need some help with Patching and Updating game process, that would be great if you can make a tutorial for that,

I tired this flow :

but when i try to create a release based on another release gave me a Critical error, it's okay if i make R2 based on nothing but in this case problem is P3 contains P1 and P2 inside himself and it's not good in large content update. I want each of them separate .

Another problem i have is with priority...
                                How engine should know P1, P2 and P3 priority order ?

Thank you.
                                Did you try this ? it works great without any issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25ypOjplWM

Comment

Working...
                                X