Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, is there any current issues with packaging Linux Dedicated Servers? I am getting this error. I have the plugin in runtime and have built the game with visual studio.

Any help is appreciated

EDIT: managed to get it working by whitelisting linux in the plugin?
    Last edited by Joshua_NZ; 06-10-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Hey! First off awesome plugin, thanks you so much!
      I'm trying to use the `Load Texture 2D From File` function, but it seems like the texture group is always the default one(World), and I want it to be 2D Pixels (Unfiltered). Any ideas about how I can do that?

Comment

Hi Rama! Thank you so much for all your hard work on this project!

I have a question about the Victory AI Move To With Filter node: is there any way to delay the following action until after the move has been completed? As in, if I want my AI to move to a location, and then once it's arrived at the location it prints a string, is there any way to do this with the current node? I can see there's an enum for determining a successful request, but the enum is returned at the start of the AI's move. Any help in figuring out how to get my AI to do something at the end of its move would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Hello all!

Love this plugin, but I have a few questions-

Every engine update, does this plugin break? And are you left waiting for a plugin update? Or how does it work? If so, is there any way around that?
          All I need is rebindable keys at runtime, so one node. Is this easier to just do manually in C++? I have no experience with coding in unreal so I have no idea how to attack the problem.

Can you easily ship/package a game with a third party plugin?

Just trying to proceed with caution, I apologise if these have been answered Please point me in the right direction!
          One man developer on "We who are about to Die"
          Official Subreddit
          Youtube - Twitter - Facebook

Freelance Illustration & Concept Artist - for hire.
          http://jordylakiere.com/

Comment

Hello,

Do you know why the Victory_GetPixelsArrayFromT2DDynamic function isn't BlueprintCallable ? The UFUNCTION line is commented.

Comment

hey Rama!
              sorry but I dont understand how get IP? Can help me?

Comment

Hi can I get some help? I am new to BP but what I would like some help with is to change a texture on a static mesh for instance to create a deck of cards with BP. I have 52 copies of the BP containing the card what I need help with is giving each a different face.

Comment

Regarding Victory Plugin, if you run c++ UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::VictorySimulateKeyPress
                  or blueprint VictorySimulateKeyPress from Victory BP Function library
                  the key will be pressed twice and released twice!

Comment

Originally posted by thejhNZ View Post
                    EDIT: managed to get it working by whitelisting linux in the plugin?
                    Yes that is what you need to do, I am glad it worked! I don't compile for linux in the build that I send out to everyone. But for anyone else wanting to compile for linux, open up the .uplugin file and and Linux to the whitelisted platforms list

Code:
                    "Modules" :
                    [
                    	{
                    		"Name" : "VictoryBPLibrary",
                    		"Type" : "Runtime",
                    		"LoadingPhase" : "PreDefault",
                    		"WhitelistPlatforms" :
                    		[
                    			"Win64",
                    			"Win32"
                    		]
                    	}
                    ]

Originally posted by Swe08 View Post
                    Regarding Victory Plugin, if you run c++ UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::VictorySimulateKeyPress
                    or blueprint VictorySimulateKeyPress from Victory BP Function library
                    the key will be pressed twice and released twice!
                    What engine version? Someone reported that matter I think and fixed it, but thanks for mentioning

Originally posted by tbjbu2 View Post
                    Hey! First off awesome plugin, thanks you so much!
                    I'm trying to use the `Load Texture 2D From File` function, but it seems like the texture group is always the default one(World), and I want it to be 2D Pixels (Unfiltered). Any ideas about how I can do that?
                    I will need to investigate that at my nearest opportunity, but I am currently pushing toward first announcements about my game so I am really busy
                    Last edited by Rama; 06-27-2017, 03:20 PM.
                    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

How to Use the Same Basic Materila Many Times but Just Change a Texture

Originally posted by rogerbangajr View Post
                      Hi can I get some help? I am new to BP but what I would like some help with is to change a texture on a static mesh for instance to create a deck of cards with BP. I have 52 copies of the BP containing the card what I need help with is giving each a different face.
                      Great question!

What you want are called Material Instances!

Material Instance Dynamic = change during runtime
                      Material Instance Constant = make many of them in-editor

Sounds like what you want is Dynamic

1. Make base material
                      2. where you are changing that texture, right click on the texture node and say Convert to Parameter
                      3. Rename the long name of the parameter to something simple like "T2D"
                      5. In your BP graph type "Dynamic Material" and you will see option to create a dynamic material from a base material
                      6. now you can set your dynamic "T2D" parameter

and how you don't have to create so many materials!

Further reading:
                      https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rialInstances/

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
                        hey Rama!
                        sorry but I dont understand how get IP? Can help me?
                        Extend the player controller class and use my custom VictoryPC class ("File->Reparent")

then you will have the functionality you need, click on the function button in BP and override the events I've setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPGetMyIP.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1130330
                        Last edited by Rama; 06-27-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Britain View Post
                          Can I donate to you somewhere? This is a MUST have for the engine. Why hasn't Epic integrated this yet?
                          Once I release the kickstarter for my game that will be a great place to donate

Rama
                          Last edited by Rama; 06-27-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Cross-Platform Create Process BP Node

Click image for larger version

Name:	CreateProc.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	1130331

This node was first added several engine versions ago, you should have it as far back as 4.13 version of my plugin.

Continuing with my wish of empowering all of you in Blueprints via my Victory BP library, these new nodes are VERY powerful!

With these nodes you can launch other applications of your choosing, with commandline arguments, right from BP!

You can even choose whether the application you launch should be detached and/or hidden.

1. Detached ~ Your UE4 app can close itself if Detached is true. If false, your UE4 app considers itself the parent of the created process and will wait until that child process finishes running before closing itself.

2. Hidden ~ If hidden, the process will run silently and undetectable to the user. Useful for background tasks that are not meant to distract from gameplay.

Software Design Consideration
                            Please use Detached + Hidden with consideration for your end user's computer resources, as they wont be able to close the app if it is detached AND hidden.

I could not locate a way to end a process via process ID, only handles which are not BP exposeable. If people enjoy these nodes and would like it, I can make a BlueprintType exposed Process handle to enable additional features. So let me know if you are using these nodes!

~~~

Get Application Name

When you create a process through my BP node, you should save the resulting ProcessID as a var so that you can then verify it was created, and you can use this node to get the name back from the OS.

~~~

Is Application Running

If you launch a process and want to wait to perform other logic until you know that process has finished running, you can save to variable the Process ID from CreateProcess and use this node to find out when your other app finishes running!

~~~

More Power For You in BP

Victory to You!

Rama

~~~

Download Links

4.16 Build (win32, win64, editor, dev packaged, and shipping)
                            https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                            2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                            3. Win32 Development
                            4. Win32 Shipping

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

4.14: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7915cu...ryPlugin14.zip

4.15: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nne04gd74emnzu

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                            http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                              Great question!

What you want are called Material Instances!

Material Instance Dynamic = change during runtime
                              Material Instance Constant = make many of them in-editor

Sounds like what you want is Dynamic

1. Make base material
                              2. where you are changing that texture, right click on the texture node and say Convert to Parameter
                              3. Rename the long name of the parameter to something simple like "T2D"
                              5. In your BP graph type "Dynamic Material" and you will see option to create a dynamic material from a base material
                              6. now you can set your dynamic "T2D" parameter

and how you don't have to create so many materials!

Further reading:
                              https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rialInstances/

Rama
                              I did create a dynamic material with an array with all the textures which sets the texture randomly and also duplicates...what I did was created a BP with a mesh and made 52 copies of the BP to make a deck but I end up with duplicates of textures which I don't want...how can you assist me...THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Im getting this warning vrom the vi tory plugin in 4.16 can anyone give me some direction on how to fix it.

CompilerResultsLog: Info C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
                                RhinoGameHK | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X