Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rama,
    I understand you must be incredibly busy, any chances you'll update your Gamepad-Friendly UMG plugin to 4.15.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Ka0s2003uk View Post
      I can use his 'Load String Array From File', problem being is that you have to include the full path e.g C:\files\mytext.txt I need it to only look in the config folder of the server and not a full path....its the only thing stopping a ban system right now. Does anyone have any other solutions?
      I already provide you with the nodes to do that

Remember, my goal is to empower everyone in the UE4 Community via C++ with this Victory BP Library!

(I didn't include config but I have updated the plugin, when I release next version it will be in there.)

You could recreate it though using Append, from Saved directory, and then Config and then platform like WindowsNoEditor, ie, ../Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor

Verify the file structure on your server and then you can use string Append from Saved dir node which I provide.

Rama

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paths.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1125161

Name:	Paths2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	1125162

Name:	Paths3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1125163
      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Victory Ed Engine 4.15 !

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
        Hey,
        Dunno if this is the correct place to ask, but since I didn't find a topic dedicated to it, I'll place my question here:

Is there any updated version of Victory Ed Engine (The snap vertex editor)? I've been using the 4.14 version but I'd like to update to 4.15.1 but all I can find is "The lastest version available: 4.14" to download.

Thanks.
        [MENTION=20470]Meguido[/MENTION], yes here is perfect place to ask as I consider Victory Ed Engine (Vertex Snapping & Instanced Static Mesh Editor) part of Victory Plugin, separate since it is editor-only

Victory Ed Engine 4.15 For you!

Vertex Snapping!

Instanced Static Mesh Editor (right in Level Viewport)!
        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip

Please note this is a full 4.15 project, and includes Victory Plugin because I need VictoryISM to enable the ISM editor to work in packaged game (runtime plugin module required).

See Edit->Project Settings for more info! You can choose your own ISM C++ class there any time, BP-created ISM class wont work ( at least not the last time I checked)

Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 03-24-2017, 04:54 PM.

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

[MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION] Thank you very much. That was pretty quick. I'm gonna start updating now.
          "sic parvis magna"
          @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
            Thank you Rama i found that we can show totally different screen in mirror window from the VR HMD, all is in SteamVRRender, it's easy to edit even we can show blank screen in mirror window...
            Thank you for sharing your research!

Originally posted by Joure View Post
            Hi Rama,
            I understand you must be incredibly busy, any chances you'll update your Gamepad-Friendly UMG plugin to 4.15.1?
            Ahh good idea!

Rama

Comment

Gamepad UMG 4.15 !

Name:	GamepadTweet.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1125171

Hi Rama,
              Here you go [MENTION=21917]Joure[/MENTION]!

Dear Community,

Here is gamepad UMG for 4.15!

This is a full project you can play with!

https://www.mediafire.com/?os4ys1kz7cp3c55

Enjoy!

Rama

Comment

That was fast. You rock, thanks !!!!

♥♥♥

Comment

I'm under a very tight deadline to convert a project with a lot of ISMs into individual interactive objects (subject to performance). I can hit the deadline if I could have selected a static mesh actor and "replace actor with selected object in content browser." But the project I was handed contains a ton of ISMs, obviously that process doesn't work when I'm trying to replace an instance of a static mesh inside an ISM with an interactive Actor. Copying and pasting transforms is so slow and painful and there are so, so many to convert.

What I really need is a tool where I can select an ISM actor and break it into individual static mesh actors, preserving transforms. Then replace some SM instances with my interactive actors. Then select the remainder and recompose them back into an ISM actor.

Before I burn precious time investigating the Victory plugin, does anyone know if this or any other tool can solve my problem? (I'm in Unreal 4.15)

Comment

Originally posted by lixx3r View Post
                    Dear Rama,

Can you import also on mobile? (android)

Kind Regards Alex
                    that works for mobile(ios + android). but there are some functions which is only for desktop. so u have to put those inside proper pre-processor.
                    also u have to add android in plugins white space list.
                    Need help or work to be done?
                    Contact Info

Comment

hi all, does anyone know how to get this to compile with Linux? I'm using it to pass custom strings for stuff like server name ect but it doesn't seem to build with Linux?

Comment

Hi Rama, just a small issue with your Get/Set custom configs nodes. They work well but if I manually change a setting in the ini file it seems the change doesn't propagate until I restart the editor. I take it the settings must be cached at editor load time, that being said, if you write values using your nodes the changes seem to stick. Is there a way to refresh these cached values using another 'refresh ini' node or something like that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dannington View Post
                          Hi Rama, just a small issue with your Get/Set custom configs nodes. They work well but if I manually change a setting in the ini file it seems the change doesn't propagate until I restart the editor. I take it the settings must be cached at editor load time, that being said, if you write values using your nodes the changes seem to stick. Is there a way to refresh these cached values using another 'refresh ini' node or something like that?

Thanks!
                          The answers you seek lie in ConfigCacheIni.h and .cpp

I see how to update individual section from memory to file:

Code:
                          /**
                          	 * Update a single property in the config file, for the section that is specified.
                          	 */
                          	CORE_API bool UpdateSinglePropertyInSection(const TCHAR* DiskFilename, const TCHAR* PropertyName, const TCHAR* SectionName);
                          But you want to go the other way

Closest thing I can find to what you want is

Code:
                          static bool LoadGlobalIniFile(FString& FinalIniFilename, const TCHAR* BaseIniName, const TCHAR* Platform=NULL, bool bForceReload=false, bool bRequireDefaultIni=false, bool bAllowGeneratedIniWhenCooked=true, const TCHAR* GeneratedConfigDir = *FPaths::GeneratedConfigDir());
                          How about you run a few tests, or poke around in the engine code, and see if you can find an example of reloading an ini from disk? Then I could add that code to Victory Plugin

Rama

Comment

That was fast. You rock, thanks !!!!

♥♥♥
                            Hee hee!

Rama

Comment

Hi Rama!

First of all thanks very much for this wonderful plugin.

I'm using your "File IO Save String Array to File" and realized that there's no way to clear the file once it's created. In other words, it always appends new data to the existing file content. ¿Could you add a "Clear/Append" boolean input pin to this node? That would be great!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Hi again, Rama! I use your fantastic blueprint node Victory Create Process.
                                Actually, I run a c# program that updates game files via ftp(download images from server to game folder).
                                I can pass args and check is program steel working or not.
                                But, is there way to get result (simply get code like 0 or 1). I know that this is not very good, but it is pretty efficient method
                                If there any way to get result, please, let me know!
                                And again, thanx for plugin!♥

Comment

Working...
                                X