Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Usually there aren't any code changes between hotfix versions so it must be some other kind of error? You'll need to share more info than this if you'd like me to address this in greater depth
    Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(60) : Error: Enumeration tag 'JPG' already in use by enum '/Script/CustomLibraryPlugin.EJoyImageFormats'
    Last edited by Mr_Tea_Rexx; 12-21-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hey Rama,

Found an issue with the File IO Save String Text to File.
      If the path include two subfolder to create, it will fail. One subfolder will work fine though.

Example :
      Will fail with C:/A/B/
      Will succeed with C:/A/

Cheers
      Currently working on Hexawing : https://twitter.com/JohnGGranier

Comment

Hi Rama! I find your Victory BP to be *extremely* useful and I will be crediting you in my project for sure. I was wondering if you could implement a node for me, it would be extremely useful.

Can you add a node for overriding the light map resolution, much the same way you can override an actor's mobility state? This would allow me to override the lightmap resolution of multiple blueprints simultaneously (I would be able to select multiple blueprints, then type in a value in a public integer variable to quickly override lightmap resoluition).

Unfortunately, as of right now, in order to override a blueprint's lightmap resolution, you must select each blueprint individually, then select the component actor, then override the lightmap from there. This prevents you from being able to quickly do this for multiple blueprints. In my case, I have hundreds of blueprints and this would be a very tedious process.

Thanks!
        -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
        Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Hidanendo View Post
          Hey, Rama! I have looked through your works and i'm amazed - you have great skills. So, after that i got 2 questions: Is your ragdoll system better on the perfomance part than the stock one?
          And the second: do you create anything on, mmm, request? If yes, so we have something to talk about, but i don't know how to contact you :C
          Thanks
          Welcome to the forums [MENTION=596439]hidanendo[/MENTION] !!!

Yes I can create things on request, you can pm me in these forums

Rama
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Tea-Rexx View Post
            Plugins/VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Public/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.h(60) : Error: Enumeration tag 'JPG' already in use by enum '/Script/CustomLibraryPlugin.EJoyImageFormats'
            What is CustomLibraryPlugin ?!

Do you have 2 copies of my victory plugin in your project?

Maybe one at engine level and one at project level?

I never heard of CustomLibraryPlugin yet EJoyImageFormats is obviously mine.

Find me more info about CustomLibraryPlugin, what and where it is on your comp, and then I can help more

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Genova View Post
              Hey Rama,

Found an issue with the File IO Save String Text to File.
              If the path include two subfolder to create, it will fail. One subfolder will work fine though.

Example :
              Will fail with C:/A/B/
              Will succeed with C:/A/

Cheers
              That's an easy fix thanks for letting me know, I can use one of my very own UE4 accepted pull requests, CreateDirectoryTree which I wrote because of encountering this very issue with stock UE4 code.

New Version Live
              EDIT: These fixes are now live in latest 4.14 download and on Github!

Rama
              Last edited by Rama; 12-30-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                Hi Rama! I find your Victory BP to be *extremely* useful and I will be crediting you in my project for sure. I was wondering if you could implement a node for me, it would be extremely useful.

Can you add a node for overriding the light map resolution, much the same way you can override an actor's mobility state? This would allow me to override the lightmap resolution of multiple blueprints simultaneously (I would be able to select multiple blueprints, then type in a value in a public integer variable to quickly override lightmap resoluition).

Unfortunately, as of right now, in order to override a blueprint's lightmap resolution, you must select each blueprint individually, then select the component actor, then override the lightmap from there. This prevents you from being able to quickly do this for multiple blueprints. In my case, I have hundreds of blueprints and this would be a very tedious process.

Thanks!
                -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                Very interesting request! Will work on it soon as I can

EDIT: I can't make a property editable on instance if it isnt already, but you could probably use Blutility right now to change light map resolution on all actors of your choosing.

Do a google search for ue4 blutility, it lets you edit actors on the editor side, and you could get their Components and change the lightmap resolution

Rama
                Last edited by Rama; 12-30-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

That's an easy fix thanks for letting me know, I can use one of my very own UE4 accepted pull requests, CreateDirectoryTree which I wrote because of encountering this very issue with stock UE4 code.

New Version Live
                  EDIT: These fixes are now live in latest 4.14 download and on Github!

Rama
                  shiiiiiiit that was fast !
                  Awesome work as usual Rama.
                  Currently working on Hexawing : https://twitter.com/JohnGGranier

Comment

Are you sure you dont have any special formatting of that file? you made a new simple text file in note pad to confirm this?

Rama
                    Rama, I'm currently using a default text file using Notepad in Windows 10 and the "Load String Array from File" function. I've tried several variations, but they all get the same result.

And now that I've got to use the plugin more, it's been very helpful. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello
                      I have a question. Can I read and write ini file with this? If not can I request to add this function?

Comment

Hi Rama and everyone,
                        Thanks for your contributions!~
                        I'm a new programmer of unreal engine. I'm looking forward to ur help.
                        Due to the need of the project, I have to develop in unreal engine for the goal: we have a external camera(I mean real camera) and it will transmit the real-time image to unreal engine. My primary idea to accomplish it is to create a new class in C++ of unreal project and call the API to return the real time image by camera, then save the picture as a runtime texture variable, then use the blueprint function of Rama's texture2D to call it and finally draw it to scene. Do u think it's accessible? Or do you have better idea? Or u know somebody has done similar thing?
                        Thanks much for your reply~~~

Comment

Hey Rama!

First of all, thank you for all you amazing work!

I recently found out about your VictoryEdEngine plugin while looking for a good workflow for instanced static meshes. The ability to convert static meshes to instances back and forth looks absolutely amazing, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. The plugin appears to be installed correctly. I get the overlay on the top left, as well as the vertex visualization and snapping. Selecting multiple static meshes and pressing i and shift+i, however, doesn't do anything.

Does this feature still exist in the latest version for UE4.14? Is there something I could be doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Efrye View Post
                            Hey Rama!

First of all, thank you for all you amazing work!

I recently found out about your VictoryEdEngine plugin while looking for a good workflow for instanced static meshes. The ability to convert static meshes to instances back and forth looks absolutely amazing, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. The plugin appears to be installed correctly. I get the overlay on the top left, as well as the vertex visualization and snapping. Selecting multiple static meshes and pressing i and shift+i, however, doesn't do anything.

Does this feature still exist in the latest version for UE4.14? Is there something I could be doing wrong?
                            Hi there!

For everyone, the 4.14 version of Victory Ed Engine is here:

4.14 Victory Ed Engine, Vertex Snapping and Instanced Static Meshes:
                            https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip
                            (media fire links)

Answer to your question:

Please make sure to follow the mandatory setup step of using my VictoryISM class that is part of Victory Plugin, or your own C++ Instanced Static Mesh actor class, a BP Created class wont work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYj_kaLDZZ4

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...ory_Setup_Step

"First of all, thank you for all you amazing work!"

Hee hee!

Rama

Comment

Originally posted by uw19 View Post
                              Rama, I'm currently using a default text file using Notepad in Windows 10 and the "Load String Array from File" function. I've tried several variations, but they all get the same result.

And now that I've got to use the plugin more, it's been very helpful. Thanks again!
                              Hii!

You're welcome!

I created a text file, using this path: c:/tests/Joy.txt

Here's the text:

Code:
                              Lots of lovely happy joyous text yes yes

Victory!

Rama
                              It worked just fine, using a for each loop and the Load String Array From File node

I dont know what is peculiar in you case but maybe you could try the text and file location I posted and let me know?

Everything is working fine in my version of 4.14 plugin

Let me know!

Rama

Comment

Obtain Animated Vertex Positions of Skeletal Meshes . Characters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AnimatedVertexLocations.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	1121664

Name:	AnimatedVertexLocations2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	1121665

Name:	AnimatedVertexLocations3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	1121666

New Download for UE4 4.14 (57mb, Media Fire)
                                https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                                2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                                3. Win32 Development
                                4. Win32 Shipping
                                4. HTML5 Development
                                5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                                http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama
                                Last edited by Rama; 01-18-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X