Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see that this plugin is still going on!
    Could you already include your UDP Receive/Send BP functions? These are available in the Wiki already as i see, so it shouldnt be a big deal to just include them in the lib

Comment

Heya!

Just upgraded to 4.14 and VictoryLoadLevelInstance crashes the editor while UE4's version works just fine (but has other issues).

Not blocked, just thought you'd like to know

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoadLevelInstance.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1120000

Comment

Hi Rama:
        A little more info about the editor crash upon calling VictoryLoadLevelInstance:

Crashes in ...\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Templates\Casts.cpp - Line 11
        Cast of Package /Engine/Transient to World failed

Comment

Originally posted by brethar2 View Post
          I had this problem too until just now. You have to go into your game and enable the VR plugins. I'm not sure which one specifically contains it - possibly by enabling any of them it will include that header? - but I had disabled oculus, steam vr, and all the others. Enabling all the VR plugins allowed it to compile fine
          In VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs if you add this code:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
          new string[]
          {
          "Core",
          "HeadMountedDisplay"
          // ... add other public dependencies that you statically link with here ...
          }
          );

It will actually compile, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shiruh View Post
            Hey o/,

im trying to read the Pixel data from an Image for the purpose of generating a hexmap.

having some issues with the Pixel functions tho, maybe someone could help me understand whats happening and how i can make it work :>

Thing is now, that the image seems to be read with inverted x/y aswell, cutting off the right side of the image, could make the image with equal x/y and ignore some part of it to make it work for now i guess

thanks for this awesome plugin btw !
            If you use a T2D that has been compressed by UE4 or had its format changed internally, it is guaranteed to look funny coming back out as raw pixel array

If you load a raw pixel array yourself, or load a .bmp, and then save it back out again, it should be fine.

The issue with T2D -> pixels in the C++ code is that there is no easy function to undo compression that has been performed on the original resource of a T2D, at least the last time I checked that was my conclusion. If anyone finds a way let me know!

If you click on your T2D texture asset in UE4 and turn off all compression that should help quite a bit

Originally posted by musteaf View Post
            Rama for ios please add this lines into VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:4754 top of the function-> fillSoundWaveInfo add #if !(PLATFORM_PS4 && PLATFORM_IOS) //old version only #if !PLATFORM_PS4
            and VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:4719 into function->GetSoundWaveFromFile(const FString& FilePath) add #if PLATFORM_PS4 && PLATFORM_IOS //old version only #if PLATFORM_PS4
            Line numbers may be inaccurate because I did corrections.
            Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 forums!

Can you please wrap your code with

[CODE(rightbracket)
            Put your code here
            [/CODE(rightbracket)

so I can read it more easily?

replace rightbracket with ] for actual usage (it will not show up if I do that)

Rama

Originally posted by Univise View Post
            In VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs if you add this code:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
            new string[]
            {
            "Core",
            "HeadMountedDisplay"
            // ... add other public dependencies that you statically link with here ...
            }
            );

It will actually compile, too.
            I already include "HeadMountedDisplay" as a dependency and I also dont get any compile errors, so I can only assume those who got this error were working with a custom version somehow

~~~

Originally posted by Shobhitthackar View Post
            Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks, which already countless people may have given you. This plugin is truly something special...

Stay awesome. <3
            Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Community!

And you're welcome!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 12-15-2016, 03:15 PM.
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Dear DForsey,

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Forums! I am happy to have witness your first 2 posts!

Originally posted by DForsey View Post
              Heya!

Just upgraded to 4.14 and VictoryLoadLevelInstance crashes the editor while UE4's version works just fine (but has other issues).

Not blocked, just thought you'd like to know

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121291[/ATTACH]

I have now fixed this crash (update to follow), thanks for letting me know, I've also deprecated the plugin version of LoadLevelInstance because this is one of my BP nodes that is now in the main engine. If you have questions about the node in the main UE4 engine (it's been live since 4.13) let me know

Also everyone remember I like hearing GOOD news too.

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Dear Community,

A new version of 4.14 Victory Plugin is live that fixes the VictoryLoadLevelInstance crash

Please use the version of my BP node that is in the main Engine now as of 4.13 "Load Level Instance".

Enjoy!

New Download for UE4 4.14 (57mb, Media Fire)
                https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
                2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
                3. Win32 Development
                4. Win32 Shipping
                4. HTML5 Development
                5. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

~~~

Prior Engine Versions

4.12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...ryPlugin12.zip

4.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp...ryPlugin11.zip

4.13: https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

~~~

Donations can be sent to me via:
                http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Rama

Comment

Rama you are the man! I just noticed now you even have your own status as The Rainbow Warrior! Well deserved
                  Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

Originally posted by CHADALAK1 View Post
                    Rama you are the man! I just noticed now you even have your own status as The Rainbow Warrior! Well deserved
                    It is lovely to hear from you again [MENTION=2372]CHADALAK1[/MENTION] ! Thank you for stopping by and thanks for kind words!

Rama

Comment

Hey Rama!

I finally got around to trying out your plugin. And of course it's awesome!

Just one thing, is the "Load String Array from File" node working correctly in 4.14.1? It only grabs the first character from my text file and appends 2 question marks to it (i.e."??a").

Thanks for all your work Rama!

Comment

Rama the plugin is throwing errors on packaging in 4.14.1

Comment

Hay, I've tried to get the plugin working with my project but it didn't, i have UE4.13, what are the exact instructions i have to follow to make it work,Thank's

Comment

Hello,

I'm new to working with the unreal engine, but I'm trying to get your plugin to work and am getting a crash.
                            I'm using a source built version of 4.14.1, have downloaded the plugin from https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2.
                            I've placed the "VictoryPlugin" folder inside my projects plugins folder and started the editor.. no problems at all, started up fine, going to the plugins shows the plugin installed and active.
                            I closed the editor, and following the instructions on https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama&#39;s..._Editor_Plugin which says on step 6 to "go to YourProject/Config/DefaultEngine.ini" then add these lines:
                            [/Script/Engine.Engine (right bracket)
                            UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

Since my file already contains that section, I've simply placed UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine in that section as well.

After doing that, when I try to start the editor it gets to about 79% and crashes. If I remove that line from that file the editor runs fine.
                            Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiWorldz View Post
                              Hello,

I'm new to working with the unreal engine, but I'm trying to get your plugin to work and am getting a crash.
                              I'm using a source built version of 4.14.1, have downloaded the plugin from https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2.
                              I've placed the "VictoryPlugin" folder inside my projects plugins folder and started the editor.. no problems at all, started up fine, going to the plugins shows the plugin installed and active.
                              I closed the editor, and following the instructions on https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama&#39;s..._Editor_Plugin which says on step 6 to "go to YourProject/Config/DefaultEngine.ini" then add these lines:
                              [/Script/Engine.Engine (right bracket)
                              UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

Since my file already contains that section, I've simply placed UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine in that section as well.

After doing that, when I try to start the editor it gets to about 79% and crashes. If I remove that line from that file the editor runs fine.
                              Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
                              Hi there welcome to the UE4 Forums!

I have two different plugins

Victory Plugin
                              VictoryEdEngine

Since you only are using my Victory Plugin, the editor will crash when you try to use a subclass of the engine that is part of a plugin that you dont actually have, which is VictoryEdEngine, which is for Vertex Snapping.

If you just want Victory Plugin functionality, just put my plugin in the Plugins folder at the project level or you can put it at the engine level for packaging

Originally posted by Tea-Rexx View Post
                              Rama the plugin is throwing errors on packaging in 4.14.1
                              Usually there aren't any code changes between hotfix versions so it must be some other kind of error? You'll need to share more info than this if you'd like me to address this in greater depth

Originally posted by uw19 View Post
                              Hey Rama!

I finally got around to trying out your plugin. And of course it's awesome!

Just one thing, is the "Load String Array from File" node working correctly in 4.14.1? It only grabs the first character from my text file and appends 2 question marks to it (i.e."??a").

Thanks for all your work Rama!
                              Are you sure you dont have any special formatting of that file? you made a new simple text file in note pad to confirm this?

And also don't forget the good news folks, I really like hearing that too!

Rama
                              Last edited by Rama; 12-21-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Hey, Rama! I have looked through your works and i'm amazed - you have great skills. So, after that i got 2 questions: Is your ragdoll system better on the perfomance part than the stock one?
                                And the second: do you create anything on, mmm, request? If yes, so we have something to talk about, but i don't know how to contact you :C
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X